Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scariest low-gore scare attraction?

Discussion in 'Halloween Haunts & Scare Attractions' started by chainedbanana, Jan 31, 2017.

1. chainedbanana

chainedbanana Member

Best Coaster:
    Baron 1898
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    I kind of have a love-hate thing with horror and scare attractions, - I love being scared and horror/supernatural but hate gore and body horror - as in phobic/disgust reaction of blood and the representation of wounds etc.

But I LOVE ghosts, witchcraft, creatures - that sort of thing..... What's the scariest low-or-no gore attraction you've ever done?

2. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Manormortis (Scare Kingdom Scream Park) (;)), Gasten Ghost Hotel (Liseberg), Jefferson Manor (Walibi Holland Fright Nights), Gothic (HHN 22), Dead End (HHN 22), Insidious (HHN 25), House of Horrors (HHN 22), Dead & Breakfast (Screamland), A Haunting At Old Town (Defunct) and Hotel Kruger (Tibidabo) are the best 'non-gore' attractions I've done.

3. TLARides

TLARides Member

Best Coaster:
    The Smiler
    Best Park:
    Kings Island
    Coaster Count:
    I didn't do it while I was there, but Kings Island replaced "Club Blood" with "Blackout" which is a completely in-the-dark scare maze. Since you can't see anything (I'm guessing), that would make is low-gore, right?

It's really living up to Haunt's slogan. "What you can see will scare you. What you can't see will haunt you."

4. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    ^SFGAm had a similar thing a few years ago, and it was really quite disappointing. It was just people standing in dark clothes whispering and telling you which way to go.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Lofty likes this.
  5. Zek_Teh_Kek

Zek_Teh_Kek Member

Best Coaster:
    Maverick
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    The Wax Museum thingy inside of Mean Streak didn't have too much gore.

6. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah, there's a lot of 'darkness' based attractions in the world to be fair and they're really not the best in all honesty. I did one a number of years ago that had extremely sparse lighting and flashes of lights every so often, it was by far superior to a complete darkness attraction.

7. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Yep. The one labelled as the scariest at Universal Singapore when I went last was actually crap. Just very dark with people in cheap rubber masks. S**te.

8. LiveForTheLaunch

LiveForTheLaunch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    It's not at an amusement park, but Erebus is pretty amazing. It doesn't rely on much gore to get the job done, but instead relies on intricately done sets and cool effects to get the job done! I've done so many scare attractions but nothing else is really coming to mind that lacks gore. Horror Hospital in Japan was pretty creepy and not too gory though, I thought.

Lofty likes this.