What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

jokerman

Giga Poster
Unless thy are going to change the coaster itself, I don't care.

If it means they improve the frankly poor theming, I wouldn't care.

If it means that more rides are going to be given a SAW theme, then I might just go and kill myself.

Ollie

CF Legend
Those videos were great. :)
And I'm guessing it won't be a massive update. Maybe just some props from the new film.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
It JUST opened in 2009 and already they have to put like, updates? They should have at least waited a few years.

It's the only way they can keep people interested in it. :lol:

Mark

Strata Poster
I suspect that this will also be something that Lionsgate would be interested in along with keeping the attention going on new movie releases to DVD and so on?

Xpress

Strata Poster
SAWs suck, why on earth would they put MORE crappy theming on a ride from a crappy movie???? :?

andrus

Giga Poster
Of course they will update and rename it to SAW 6! It both hypes the coaster and the new upcoming movie, so it's a smart thing to do both from thorpe and the movie company's point of view. I'm the most surprised over the fact that somebody was surpriced by this move! ^^

Emmett

Giga Poster
Maybe they are talking about the film/dvd release or another attraction. Every other time they mention the coaster in the article, it states Saw - 'The Ride' but it only says Saw at the end of the article.

nealbie

CF Legend
Mark said:
I suspect that this will also be something that Lionsgate would be interested in along with keeping the attention going on new movie releases to DVD and so on?

I agree.

Will people stop bashing Saw? I know I for one also go on about how I wish to never ride it again and prefer castration over it, but that's just 1 part at the bottom of the main drop that I loathe with a passion. The rest of the ride is pretty decent (well as long as you're in the 1st despatched car and miss all of the poor pacing and badly dubbed puppet).

Lionsgate I'm assuming have a big say in what goes on with this coaster, and if they want to rehype it, then kudos to them from a business perspective. They want their Saw franchise to sell and this is a way of reaching tens, if not hundreds, of thousands.

A lot of you are presently on my, "haven't got a clue outside of enthusiam" list at the moment, good day to you :roll:

Ollie

CF Legend
^Finally. I think everyone's just bashing it for the sake of it. And those that see everyone else is doing it jump on the bandwagon. Yes Saw isn't amazing or even the best ride at Thorpe but it's hardly bad and gives a decent ride. The GP love it. Fans of the films like it and it's great to see a UK park getting licences with films. If you were a park and Lionsgate asked if you could theme your new coaster to one of the most successful horror movie franchises of recent years then I'm sure you'd do it as well based on how well it would advertise and increase park profits.

I hope it's a good update rather than just some new themeing (unless it's more interactive) isn't the bottom of the drop getting re-tracked over the closed season as well?

nealbie

CF Legend
If the bottom of the drop is getting retracked and more theming/props put indoors, then that's the update I want to see.

This does however require Ollie to be right, a rarity and then some I'm afraid :(

andrus

Giga Poster
EVERYBODY aren't complaining! I think the ride is quite decent, or at least it would have been without the horrible restraints.. The OTSR are so low that I had to keep my back bent (quite a bit) during the whole ride. And during some high-G areas (the dive loop) it hurt for real! But I didn't find the ride rough at all, but that probably depends on the fact that colossus, the definition of rough, is situated in the sam park! :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's average, and considering I went on Mystery Mine (and even Rage) in the same year, it's even more worse than it would be if I hadn't...

Problem is that it's so over-hyped that people got disappointed, and hence think it's bad, I lost my enthusiasm for it at approx 9:10 on that Monday Morning when it was announced as Saw... :lol:

Also cos of the numerous issues it's had, it's easy to moan about, like most things at Thorpe ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes but when it was announced to be Saw nothing changed. It would have still had the same layout even if it was themed to something else. All it was was the theme that changed. They could have done more but it's sufficient and makes it easily one of the best themed coasters in the UK (which wasn't hard to do anyway).
Anyway It'll be interesting to see what they do and it's good to know they want to improve it. :)