What's new

Rock 'n Rollercoasters V - PBB - 15/09/12 trip reports

Nic

Strata Poster
Have you got home yet? Have you dried out from riding Valhalla? Have your ears stopped ringing from being in a queue next to Richard?

Post you're trip reports here!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Rock 'n Rollercoasters IV - PBB - 15/09/12 trip reports

*your.

Just at the B&B waiting to check out and head for CREDS at Gullivers.

Yesterday was amazing fun, bit crowded in the park itself but we got on everything we wanted! Big gutted in my decision to do Impossible instead of Grand National in the dark but what you gunna do?

The highlight was clearly Maddie meeting Spongebob <3 Also, the idea of Sue covering herself in sanitary towels in order to stay dry on Valhalla (ultra absorbent ;)) Lol XD

Much more fun to hopefully be had today, as always it's been a pleasure, to those who aren't coming today see y'all at Ghosterforce!

Lain

Giga Poster

I had a pretty ace time yesterday.

It was nice to catch up with some people I hadn't seen for far too long!

The pizza place underneath where Space Invader used to be was pretty ace, and all of the rides gave me a headache. Yay Blackpool. :D

nadroJ

CF Legend

308118_10151160068934855_1322552816_n.jpg

I love this photo, the boat is like a lucky dip of CF emoticons.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

That pic definitely summed up my morning mood (wasn't really particularly great but then as the day went on I felt a lot better)...

Some fab moments over the day, Scarlet cleaning the River Caves window with the staff member, Maddie meeting Spongebob, the dirty TV show name game and just general times... Whilst the park was busy, it wasn't overally so and hence provided an atmosphere without burdenous queuetimes (unless your name is Grand National)...

Talking of which, that night ride (which many missed) was brill, riding like the Nash of old really, and Alice in Wonderland is fab <3<3

Good day... Very good day...

Kebab

Giga Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Had a fantastic time at my first live!

Had some great laughs, and some moments I'll never forget, like the relentless ride on the back car of Grand National surely boosted into my top 5 favourite moments at a Theme Park. Managed to get on everything I wanted, and the queue's weren't that bad, especially when getting to know the members a bit more, really made the day a lot better. Nickelodeon Streak seemed a lot nicer than I remember (back when it was rollercoaster with just belts...), despite the vomit-based colour scheme, a nice floaty yet surprisingly smooth experience.

Gullivers being new to me, had an equally fab experience. Seemed a very picturesque park with some really tacky plastic theming, and a brutal 'kiddie' wooden coaster? Antelope was truly an insane coaster, with some ridiculous moments of air-time and sheer pain blended together, I returned home with a bruised back! Good fun nevertheless, and managed a back-seat ride on that intense mine train kiddie ride thing.

I'll definately be coming to another live very soon! Thanks for everything!

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster

I won the costume competition and met Spongebob. I have never seen anyone so excited to see me as Spongebob was.
Then the two people doing the meet and greet with him wanted a photo with me. Hahaha.

251611_10152079943285401_1303249993_n.jpg

It was a great weekend overall <3

Nic

Strata Poster

"You're" was a phone auto-correct fail and me being too lazy/in too much of a rush to bother proof-reading my work. Gah!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It must be the sea air because whenever we get together at Blackpool, it's the most silliest of times. The fountain jokes never get old (well, imo anyway), the ride line up and routine rarely changes, the old jokes are recycled, yet somehow it all mashes together to form one of my CF yearly highlights. (Tbh, I'm actually warming to the annual Blackpool trip as my fave over GF...)

Only four people turned up in costume which was a bit of a disappointment. Perhaps it was a crap theme or not many people could be arsed. Never mind. Well done to Rebel who came third, Scarlet who came 2nd and Maddie who came first. Jordan won Big John's Sack of Shiiiiiite booby prize for dressing up as Any Winehouse from a 1997 guest appearance she made in The Fast Show.

Rides were referred to by colour. Orange, Blue, Grey, White etc. There was some confusion regarding Blue because two coasters are blue, but I think Blue was mainly Zipper Dipper, because Infusion was Inbluesion or something crap like that.

Two of the biggest LOL moments were found in The River Caves. First up was Scarlet wearing rubber gloves and cleaning the window ledges. The old boy actually cleaning the ledges seemed rather confused! The other was the Hitler rock with wobbly eyes...

The queues were horrible, which caused us a lot of walking to one ride, deciding the queue was too long, rolling yes and then walking to another one. Either the £20 wristbands or the new Nickelodeon Land is really pulling in the punters. Before when Orange was known as Rollercoaster, it never had a 45-1hr long queue... Anyway, we settled on The Big One's hour long queue which passed relatively quickly as they do at Lives. Funnily enough, reading Gavin's comments in the now locked topic, I didn't see Richard Rodriquez on the ride during our queue and ride time... It was great to see a full CF takeover train though!

Mysterious Sue was the last to find her way out of the Maze, which was unsurprising but it meant we could all have a sit down. Although she arrived seconds after Alan went to look for her!

The Avalanche queue was passed by googling font terminology (yes...really....), coming up with ride BBC TV show names and poking Nicky. Funnily enough, poking Nicky was the least satisfying ;)

I couldn't be arsed with Valhalla (didn't want to get scabby ear wet), but it made me warm inside to see a fat boat. Talking of which, Paul says thanks for making him feel welcome. He really enjoyed Valhalla and the Wild Mouse. He also can't stop saying the word "burdenous". After Valhalla, I gave the three prizes for the badge comp - Rebel, Tash and Colossus (Nick) were the winners.

The speedy pass thing really cheeses me off on the Nash. It's fine on all other rides, but annoying on the Nash. Twice we tried to queue up evenly so we could race but Speedy Pass holders screwed up the left (as you enter) queue meaning the group was split. Talking of the Nash, it's still as fun and violent as ever. During the last ride of the day, it was whipping around the corners and down the back-bruising dips. How I love it!

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks to Big John for the shepherding act . Big thumbs up to everybody else for attending and making me smile :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

What's with the lack of reports? It only takes a few mins to type a few sentences - good or bad!

Anyway, although Gullivers wasn't really part of the Live, here are two videos to sum it up.

POV of t'Antelope.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QdOkLiaRTo[/youtube]

And the first 3D CF-Live video. "OMG, is it in 3D?" Very little effort was made during filming and editing:)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bDxWWjADbM[/youtube]
(You can turn off the 3D by clicking the 3D icon on the video settings bar, but seeing as it's filmed with 3D in mind, it'll be even crapper than it already is in 2D.)

Nic

Strata Poster

That's so **** it's amazing

alanm4072

Roller Poster

Had a really awesome day with CF!

There was a load of funny moment with you guys and really looking forward to meet you again soon.

Really want to go to ghosterForce, But not sure if i can get the money for it :-(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Is there anything more terrifying than "Vadge 3D"? I think not :lol:

Sorry, wasn't at the live so can't comment but had a great day at Gullivers... Well, in a way... :lol:

Kebab

Giga Poster

Ian said:
And the first 3D CF-Live video. "OMG, is it in 3D?" Very little effort was made during filming and editing:)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bDxWWjADbM[/youtube]
(You can turn off the 3D by clicking the 3D icon on the video settings bar, but seeing as it's filmed with 3D in mind, it'll be even crapper than it already is in 2D.)
Highlight of that video has to be seagulls robbing the ducks food, they look so pissed off :lol:

And just come across Ian's "W@nky 3D video", if you watch it without 3D, thats pretty much what that Paranormal Activity film was like, but for an hour and half instead. :p

Just for comparisons sake, I think Ians film is far more enjoyable!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFZvsdCxQss&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074[/youtube]

Colossus

Giga Poster

Yeah me and Tash had another real nice weekend with you guys, highlights include.
- Scarlet and the River Caves with her shower cap and rubber gloves.
- Maddie meeting Spongebob.
- Sue and her rock?
- Winning the name badge comp (I`ll get the jigsaw done at some point :)
- Spanking the Wetherspoons Sharer all by myself.
- Valhalla with all the effects working <3
- Colour coding all the rides.
- Sneaking into Gullivers with Furie and MMF and Ian`s dis-functional family.
- Getting to know some of you a bit better, especially in the evening, aswell as meeting some new people. Everybody was really friendly.

So yeah awesome weekend, will try and sort something out for GhosterForce, but need to plan it around Scarefest.

PS - Does anybody know where we can find the CF Eggheads? ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ My children are very well behaved I'll have you know!

I thought CF Eggheads was on CF somewhere...but I can't find it.

Scarlet

Mega Poster

Ian said:
What's with the lack of reports? It only takes a few mins to type a few sentences - good or bad!

I would have done mine by now but I still have no internet besides mobular in my house, and not to mention the housework. Oh God the ironing <3

Colossus

Giga Poster

Phil you hero, that was amazing.

Ian, loving the profile pic :)