Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster retheme

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by Peet, Feb 12, 2018.

1. balrog

balrog Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Ok, thanks ! I didn't know. I think that here (in France), they not considered as influencial. Plus, I never heard an Aerosmith cover band, or even someone playing an Aerosmith record or tune during a party, and you don't hear them as much in films and comercials anymore. But worldwide, it might be a different story.

2. spicy

spicy Well-Known Member

I can’t take credit for that information, got it from here :

Quite an interesting story, the construction company went bust after being ordered to re-do the work.

Begs the question why were Disney using such an incompetent construction company in the first place.

peep and Lofty like this.
  3. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Well they'd have put the work out to tender and this company wouldn't provided the best quality for the cost. Just not longevity of the product it seems.

spicy likes this.
  4. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Mountain monkey Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team

It's almost strange that they're allowed to sue for this now, almost a decade later. One would think they'd have discovered problems with the rendering sooner than that (okay, it didn't endure the climate, but it's not like everything looks ship shape until one day it crumbles completely), and the warranty of a building is typically only five years. Then again, it might be that the legal struggles have been going on for some years before anything was settled.

5. TheCoasterCruiser

TheCoasterCruiser Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Blue Fire
    Best Park:
    Gröna Lund
    Coaster Count:
    It's good to hear that something is actually happening, but I really hope that they will announce more about the future of the resort soon.
    I think they need to do much more than just polishing up Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - and way sooner than 2024, which apparently is when a "major attraction" is coming.
    They finally own the park and I realise that a 10-year plan isn't done overnight, but wait it is:

2019:
    Marvel Rockin 'n' Roller Coaster Retheme - Walt Disney Studios Park
    2021:
    Little Mermaid’s Undersea Adventure - Disneyland Park
    2024:
    E-Ticket Spiderman Ride and a completed Marvel-Land - Walt Disney Studios Park
    2027:
    Star Wars Land - Walt Disney Studios Park

Dream on.