What's new

Rides that still genuinely scare you...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I still ride 'em. "Courage isn't the absence of fear, merely the desire to overcome it."
Somebody famous might have said that.

And you are a pussy.
719oCSBQ4oL._UX395_.jpg

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Log flume drops.

There's just something about plunging down a steep drop in a small boat with no seatbelt or harness that always makes me a bit jittery when going over the edge.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Waterslides. There’s something unpredictable and dangerous about them to me. Don’t mind tube slides, but body slides freak me out. I need some kind of vehicle or restraint!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Dragon Riders at Legendia.

Genuinely feared I was going to puke and/or fall out. Definitely not one on my re-ride list.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Dragon Riders at Legendia.

Genuinely feared I was going to puke and/or fall out. Definitely not one on my re-ride list.
I was more scared the stranger sat opposite me was going to puke on this one. The lap bar didn't feel that secure either, you could feel your body moving round with each rotation though you could argue that's part of the fun. Definitely a one and done.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
My last ride on Valhalla the floor of the boat was 4-5 inches deep in water as they weren't vacuuming them. So I spent half the ride lifting my feet up.

All I can say is absolutely do not lift your feet up going down that second drop without holding on to something - there's a strong possibility you won't be returning to the station!

Snoo

The Legend
Only extreme heights. The last time I felt actual fear was on the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas. Those rides had me holding on TIGHT! Of course, 1000ft in the air will scare most folks.

Coop

Roller Poster
Thr scariest ride I’ve done is Derby Racer at BPB. That ride really does fly round. Sitting high up on a horse with no restraint, clinging on for dear life not to fall off, I hated every second of it.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Oblivion, every single time, actually have to build up the courage to ride it.

I'm not scared from any B&M dive.
For me they're fun.(cuz my home park has 63m dive coaster)
Drop towers, high ones, under 300ft is fine.
But I hate drop towers... feels different from coaster drops...

And I'm a bit scared of Intamin's cable lift
ON El Toro and T Express, it goes up so quickly that I can't prepare myself for the drops.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Oh I'm definitely still scared of Drop Towers. Ive tried shot towers and loved them it's a slow thing I'm getting over. I echo Derby Racer as well it feels like you're going to fall off.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Only had 2 real scares this year: riding Intimidator 305 and Alpengeist at night. Both have massive lifts with large descents. Alpengeist at night was especially exhilarating and terrifying; a giant string of inversions and positive g-force that you swear will throw you right into the river. I was surprised, honestly, that Steel Vengeance is not more nerve racking - while it has a large lift, it doesn't feel as isolated as I originally hypothesized.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
It is interesting.. I, too, used to be scared of drop towers.. only in the last year have I come to love them.
If I ever got to ride, say, Tower of Terror (https://rcdb.com/1481.htm), it might be a bit scary.. 6.3 gees?! And I suppose TTD/KK when I eventually ride, just because they’re so tall.
Oh, and, most State Fair rides scare me for a good reason.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not one from me, but having just listened to the latest Drunk Riders podcast, @Snoo might have a good response to this. Would be good to share on the forums too, bud. :)

Liamy321

Roller Poster
Eclipse at Gronalund. I am 100% with heights but 400 feet in the air being suspended by a very thin looking chain with the sea breeze causing the chains to spin? Nope.

Nope.

Never again.
I second this but I'll add Ikaros as well as it is pure terror climbing to the top and then being tilted forward - although I'm not always 100% with heights.

Snoo

The Legend
Not one from me, but having just listened to the latest Drunk Riders podcast, @Snoo might have a good response to this. Would be good to share on the forums too, bud. :)

Damn.. just put me on blast like that.

Well for those who haven't listened to the podcast.. the 300ft SkyCoaster at Fun Spot in Kissemmee made me damn near pee my pants. There is nothing like your head going over your feet while your looking straight down swinging by a cable.. lol

46503827_911540345481_1270903328515031040_n.jpg