What's new

RideOp - New Thrill Ride Simulator

Mr. Big

Roller Poster
Hi CoasterForce!

My name is Victor, I'm a game developer for a small studio named Gurashop based in Spain and the United Kingdom, but most importantly, I've always been a hardcore theme park enthusiast and follower of this website from as early as 2006. I hope I am not breaking any forum rules about sharing information about a product of my own but I'd really love to share it with the coaster community.

Here in Gurashop we are truly proud to present to the world our latest title, RideOp, a realistic simulator of theme park ride operations where you are in control of some of the world’s most well known attractions. We have made this game paying close attention to detail to create an immersive and realistic experience for the player, creating real life situations as ride breakdowns, weather changes, guest’s nausea or emergency stops and we believe roller coaster enthusiast will love it.

Some of the game’s key features are:
  • Realistic models of famous theme park attractions such as the Ferris Wheel, Inverter, Star Flyer or a Free Fall tower among others.
  • Guest interaction with dozens of motion captured character animations with advanced AI to behave like real life people while queuing and riding your attraction.
  • Ride simulation with real life situations like ride breakdowns, weather changes, guest’s nausea or emergency stops
  • A Challenge Mode where you will test your skills against the clock and complete a series of objectives facing adverse conditions to unlock new levels and ride features.
  • Different times of the day and weather conditions, such as sunsets or thunderstorms.
  • Ride customization, change the overall colours and style of the attraction.
Here are some images as well as a Launch Trailer for you to get a taste of the game, we hope you enjoy them!

Reveal Trailer

Game_Picture13.jpg

Game_Picture09.jpg

Game_Picture07.jpg

Game_Picture04.jpg

Game_Picture05.jpg

Game_Picture03.jpg

Game_Picture06.jpg

Game_Picture01.jpg

Game_Picture11.jpg

Game_Picture10.jpg

The game is currently in development and we plan to publish the first version for PC through Steam in a couple months time. We want to help the coaster communities discover this game and be part of our community, providing feedback and helping us shape the game as it continues with future updates. So please, share your oppinions and thoughts!

If you like the project we will keep posting updates in this thead to keep you in the loop. Thank you, guys and we hope you like our new game!

Victor "Mr Big"

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting concept! Reminds me of the somewhat failed concept of flat rides in NL.

Will be interesting to see how this develops - I can image this being surprisingly addictive (coming from someone who is obsessed with the Euro Truck and American Truck Sims). I look forward to seeing updates!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Oh wow, this looks very nice! Hopefully everything works out. Might pick this up once it comes out.

Hopefully you will soon add labels to the buttons and knobs- it isn't easy operating something without knowing what's what! :p

Mr. Big

Roller Poster
Thanks for the replies!

^Yes, there will be labels to the buttons and the knobs as well as more details found in real life's ride panels.

Ethan

Strata Poster
This looks fantastic! If a Top Spin is added I'll be interested in this (if it can even run on Mac/Bootcamp) as it was my favourite to play around with in NL Fairground back in the day!

Mr. Big

Roller Poster
Hi! I have some cool images and updates to share with you about RideOp:

The ride customization menu works perfectly and you will be able to change colours afecting most of the ride's pieces. It uses a colour wheel so the diferent variations can be almost infinite. Here is an example:

Game_Picture15.jpg

We have improved the character animations while riding and waiting in the queue using motion capture animation.

The diferent day set ups also works great and you can chose between sunny, sunset and rainy weather conditions before starting the ride's level.

Game_Picture16.jpg

Game_Picture02-1.jpg

We've added button labels to every panel to help identifying the right button to press. The buttons also light up when they are active:

Game_Picture17.jpg

And finally, we confirm that the game's release date will be on 12th of December 2017! In this two months in between we are going to implement four more rides and polish all the details to make the game's experience as smooth and fun as possible!

More news coming soon.

Victor "Mr. Big"

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The graphics do look very impressive! What sort of spec machine are you anticipating needing to play this?

Mr. Big

Roller Poster
Hi Hixee, the recomended graphics specs are the following:

• Processor: Core i5 or equivalent
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2Gb VRAM / Intel HD4400 / NVIDIA 760 series 2Gb VRAM
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 6 GB available space

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cool - I should be fine then. :p

I look forward to seeing the next update(s).

Mr. Big

Roller Poster
Hi everybody!

We are thrilled to show you some gameplay of RideOp! You can see the game mechanics, graphics and guest interactions. We are working on bringing many more features, add more rides and improve the user experience so every feedback is welcome!

Star Flyer

Inverter

Victor "Mr. Big"

Mr. Big

Roller Poster
Hi everybody!

We are thrilled to announce that RideOp: Thrill Ride Simulator is now available on Early Access from Steam!

The game’s launch price is $19,99 for the Regular Edition and includes access to all the ride models in the game as well as all the gameplay modes and levels. This version grants access to all the future updates after its release. Including additional rides and game features.

The Deluxe Edition has a launch price of $23,98 and contains all the features of the Regular Edition plus:

- Free complimentary ride "Disk'O Coaster"
- Possibility to add custom soundtrack to the gameplay of the game.
- Free access to the first expansion pack update.
- 10 High Resolution desktop backgrounds from the game

Upon the release of the full version of the game the price will remain the same for the Regular Edition and the Deluxe Edition. The Early Access users will obtain the Full Version of their respective edition once it gets released as a free update.

We hope you enjoy RideOp and don't hesitate to write any comment or suggestion about the game!

Victor "Mr. Big"