What's new

Rhein Airtime (Germany Live) Trip reports!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Excellent video of the Live Mark! I actually wanted it to be longer :p.

I still intend doing my own, when I get the time *sigh*.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
MAKE TIME.
"Sorry sir, your car tax refund cannot be processed because our software developers were busy editing videos."

Is why I'm in work now...

Although that doesn't explain why I still have 4 videos from last year to finish :p.

Ollie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
About time your video showed up. :p

Can you upload the full video you did on that spinning thing at Tripsdrill. That thing was ****ing insane. :p
Any luck? :p

Anyway, I'm going to bullet point some quick memories from the trip.

-The car park at the first hotel in Germany where we had an unfortunate accident with the car involving the concrete pillar. :p
-The road being closed and that roller skating race down the streets at 8pm at night.
-The cards in the hotels to turn on the lights (The argument it caused :lol: )
-The vending machine that dropped glass bottles from 4 feet.
-That woman with two thumbs in the gift shop in Phantasialand.
-Marc falling in the thorn bush at Tripsdrill.
-Slayed going into the ladies toilets at Europa Park.
-The 'sweet experiment' on Silver Star.
-Mobile that fell from Silver Star that almost hit Mark.

And some single words:
Kerplunk!
Trim!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Lol, pick my best moments Ollie :p.

Ollie said:
Mobile that fell from Silver Star that almost hit Mark.
Forgot about that! Didn't Tim nab the memory card from it? :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Ollie you missed out that you were the only 1 out of 15 of us that had his bag looked at in the airport hehe :)

Tbh I was just thinking about stand out points and I find it hard to pin point some as there were just to many.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
southend_marc said:
Ollie you missed out that you were the only 1 out of 15 of us that had his bag looked at in the airport hehe :)
On the way out yes, on the way back we all nearly got strip-searched :lol:. I was kneeling in front of security with the contents of my bag strewn across the floor and a queue a mile long behind me!

Ollie

CF Legend
southend_marc said:

Well, they must of thought I looked like a suicidal bomber or something.
I think the wires and pullcord coming out of my backpack might of done it. :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
More people must have photos and videos to be posting.

You're all useless and grown up with your own things to do. And I hate it.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
^ Yes Joey, but the video is on my housemates comp, and its currently getting repaired as adobe don't work on mine =[

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Hmm, well BPB is almost done, I've started Movie Park, I really must finish Leighton's fireworks from last time, there's some short ones to be done, and Yorkshire Tripper, and the rest of Germany, and then last year's stuff....

Ollie

CF Legend
I may make another video if people want me too.
But I didn't get hardly any footage at Europa as my memory card was nearly full so I took photos instead. :p

costar

Mega Poster
Just done a bit of a catch-up read and I noticed a few mentions of Oktoberfest. Well, I've just got back from there and I can definitely recommend it, although maybe not purely for rides. The fair was, of course, awesome, but not much larger than Dusseldorf it has to be said. It is basically the atmosphere that makes it though. Coasters and obscene amounts of beer have no right to co-exist but the Germans do it rather well. Finding a place in a beer tent is near impossible but there are plenty of benches outside and other places to drink. Once you've seen a buxom frau bring you 8 steins (litres) of beer on each arm, you don't look back... The rides lacked a few from Dusseldorf, no Maure S-car, some less impressive dark rides and sadly no XXL Afterburner but there was Olympia Looping to make up for it and Alpinabahn and Hollenblitz were there. Also dueling (well mirror really) wild mice showed up and they had two of loads of things strangley, like Top Spins. Basically, definitely worth trying to include on a future trip although, word of warning, hotels near the fest can be £100+ per night. Mine were paid for by work though ; )
Ok, prob should have started a new thread really, that dragged on a bit, sorry. Oh, and it's confirmed, EuroStar has gone to Russia, if you didn't know that : (

Ollie

CF Legend
It's about time Raybould. :p
Good video. A bit to many POV's and you didn't include the tunnel that the Runaway train went into. :p