What's new

Reuben's Train [Vekoma Multi-launch Minetrain] DOWNLOAD NOW

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just been working on my new project, it's a terraining hugging Vekoma Minetrain.

I started working on it after retying to improve thr Runaway Minetrain at Alton Towers and just got carried away and it turned into a full blown project! The theme was gonna be a little mexican but I watched O' Brother Where Art Thou the other day so I thought an old time american railroad is a nicer option.

The layout has a slight Cheetah Hunt/ Projekt Helix feel to it, with two magnetic launches. But the forces are family friendly, and I'm just trying to create something that would be fun to ride!

Here's a few screens and a little video. I've yet to name the thing.

TEASER VIDEO

znmq.jpg

pjgxt.jpg

2yly.jpg

gsca.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: RLRailroad

bob_3_ said:
This looks excellent!

Loving the look of the teaser video, the dive into the tunnel excited me. :lol:

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: RLRailroad

I like it. There is a small pump coming out of station (typical from Newton when transitioning from straight/curve to force and banking the track. I used to solve it using linear or Bernstein transitions, but I guess it's to late to change it), but looks pretty smooth after it. Great use of terrain and nice layout. How much are you going to theme it? And also, I'm curious on why you are still using Newton. FVD is a lot more powerful and seeing your level with Newton it wouldn't be difficult to make the jump. Can't wait to see more.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Reuben's Train [Vekoma Multi-launch Minetrain]

Still hard at work on Kite Flyer but gone back to Minetrain and decided not to scrap it as it's pretty fun. I'll probably look at releasing it this weekend, but for now...

uS4H5H.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Reuben's Train [Vekoma Multi-launch Minetrain]

TPFCa8.jpg

RLRides Presents - Reuben's Train

Background

Come onboard and enjoy Blueridge Valley from an exhilirating train ride. Reuben's Train will take you across the valley and through the woodlands on the other side before diving down to the Blueridge Valley Mines. The line may have some unexpected turns so please brace yourself and keep your arms and legs within the cars for the entire journey. I would recommend giving this a back-seat ride.

Elements

Station Launch
Helix
2nd Launch
Figure 8
Air-Time Hill
S-Bend
Crooked dive
MCBR
3rd Launch
Helix
Double Bunny Hop
Carousel
S-Bend
Final Brakes

Design

This ride has many inspirations, combining traditional terrain based minetrains with the modern multi-launch technology. I've tried to create a family friendly non-inverting ride with enough force to excite you but also something you'd want to re-ride, with a focus on how to intergrate it in the scenery.

It's abit a labour of love for me creating this environment and the ride, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have making it. There's no extra frills here, everything in this file comes with NL2 and I wanted to see what I could achieve with that.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Reuben's Train [Vekoma Multi-launch Minetrain] DOWNLOAD

I really liked this. It was, as you said, something you can really see being a good family ride.

I think trackwork wise, this was pretty excellent. The launch into the helix and the dive into the tunnel felt quite intense, but I don't know they were too bad. I think the pacing was a little strange, definitely big changes in speed, but a lot of mine trains are a bit like that, so...

Overall, really nice. I really liked the "no extra frills". It was simple, it was well done, it was good.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: Reuben's Train [Vekoma Multi-launch Minetrain] DOWNLOAD

Just got around to ride it.

Really good! Really smooth and really like the launches. The terrain is also beautiful as well as the bridge. Great job!