What's new

Regina at Tobu Zoo to be revived

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Aww, Japan outside the big three parks seems to have a negative growth rate when it comes to coasters, doesn't it?

Not to mention, that's another one gone from the list of top ten tallest all-wood coasters. If RCDB is to be trusted, Regina currently sat at #9, although a few terrain coasters might have a higher total height difference.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
While i would love to see the park RMC this I just can't see it happening. The parks been in dire financial straights for a while it seems and have even heard mention of them selling the Mega-Lite before although nothing came of it. I just get the feeling Regina is closing because they can't afford to fix it. I would love to be proved wrong but I dont see it happening.

peep

CF Legend
While i would love to see the park RMC this I just can't see it happening. The parks been in dire financial straights for a while it seems and have even heard mention of them selling the Mega-Lite before although nothing came of it. I just get the feeling Regina is closing because they can't afford to fix it. I would love to be proved wrong but I dont see it happening.

This is a shame, it felt like it was in a bit of an investment swing when we went in 2013 with a whole new themed area on the way. I suppose the investment never brought in a similar rise in customers.

Do we think this will just be SBNO then, I imagine the cost to tear it down wouldn't be very beneficial.

davidm

Strata Poster
Can see them shutting down the rides area and just running the zoo and the new(ish) ferris wheel and maybe the kiddie-area.
Layout-wise that's an easy thing to do I would think.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The saving grace could be the fact that the park is I believe still owned by the Tobu Railways one of the oldest Train companies in Japan who operate the train line that stops near the park. If the railway company perhaps has the disposable cash to pump into the park we could see something. But i feel thats clutching at straws.

I remember reading maybe 5 years ago a lot of the old train companies in Japan were struggling but a lot can change in that time.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Heard so many bad things about this place I'm sort of glad it gives me one less reason to feel like I have to go!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I had a few decent rides on this, but that was getting on for 12 years ago and i imagine it had gone to **** by the time other CFers have ridden it fairly recently. The park is a bit of a dive and I don't think too many people will cry if it just becomes a zoo and the Mega-Lite and other rides get sold.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The park is a s**thole, Regina was crap, and they have the audacity to charge Disney prices.

F**k that place.

RMC? Not a chance. The coaster has been closed, very suddenly, because it didn't pass safety inspections. It's going to sit there until the park eventually closes, which may not be that long.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk