What's new

Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Well, this is the Intamin Blitz I am working on. I still have to rework some parts of the layout:

-Lower the heartline roll exit.
-Reworking the overbanked direction change seen in the third picture. It currently have a 1 lateral g spike. How much would be the max lateral force it should have?

I'd say the lift to launch part is 90% done. I have already done some rough sketches of the second part, so trackwork should be complete in about 2 weeks (and then I'll find some flaws and will have to rework it again :) . I also want to have extensive theming, so this project will probably take months to finish. Here are some pictures:

I made a quick sketch to show how i want to theme the ride. I hope you get a general idea despite my horrible drawing skills.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz

Since I couldn't work on the ride this week, I've decided to upload a Pov to show you what I've got at the moment. However I see some problems:

- I am going to change the hill before the heartline roll. I think a zero G roll will be better.
- I think roll rate is too high in the heartline roll. What do you think?
- The ride is very smooth. I will play with the smoothing options in FVD so it has a bit more snap in some transitions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhUM9zr6jb0[/youtube]

Please criticise. If you want pictures of any particular element ask for them. I will try to upload them as soon as possible.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think it's rather good! :D

I do agree that the transitions could do to be a bit snappier, but the layout is good and the flow is just right. I think the roll rate on the heartline roll is fast, but not by too much. Possibly extend it out another 5-6m and it might feel a bit better (at the moment it feels a bit like that one they removed from Maverick).

The shaping of the top hat is nice too, so I look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the coaster.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Both things should be easy to fix. The top hat isn't finished yet, but i think it is a good start. What do you think about the transition into the first turn? Some said that it has a bump, but i think Maverick does the same. Thanks for your advice.

Edit: Ok, so I've finished the layout. Next will be theming.

Lenght: 1355m
Max elevation change: 43m
Max Speed: 105km/h
Max G-Force: 4.9G/-1.5G
4 Inversions
8 Airtime moments (9 if you count the Inverted Zero G Stall)

Supports are only for placement. I won't do them until all the theming is done. Track on the Inverted Zero G Stall is 2 tube for theming.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Final Layout

So I'm slowly starting to theme the ride. I couldn't use the computer this week, so i did some planning. First, some artwork. Does anyone guess which part of the ride is it?

Then I have this two ideas for the mountain. A complete mountain or two mountains joined by the lift (Expedition Everest style). Which one do you like better?

And last, a plan for the rest of the park. It will be themed to continents. I don't know if you can read anything in it, but since it will probably change a lot if complete it is just for showing my ideas for it.

BTW, I will probably get NL2 this next month. Can't wait!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Scenery Work

Ok, so work in scenery has started. It is still a huge wip. Texture is only for showing.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Scenery Work

I was checking the pictures I uploaded yesterday and I wasn't satisfied with the mountain. So here is V2.0.

And this one is a render that went wrong. But it kinda looks like there is grass and plants and the mountain, and that is the idea I had for the finished mountain.

Which version do you prefer?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Mountain V2.0

May be the angles but I like the first better, looks more intimidating. Regardless both look great.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Mountain V2.0

tomahawk said:
May be the angles but I like the first better, looks more intimidating. Regardless both look great.
Does it look better now?
rtotheizzo17 said:
This stuff looks fantastic. Keep up the great work!
Thank you.

Well, last update of the week. Side pic:

Works continues in the mountain. Ther will be an artificial splash in that small lake.

And last, a more artsy shot.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Updated 30/4/14

^Agreed! I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Updated 30/4/14

^ Thank you guys.

Well, I don't have a lot of time to work on the ride lately, so I uploaded an old POV of the full layout. Keep in mind that this video is from an older version (my computer didn't want to record a new video today), so:

- The last s-hill doesn't pass tunnel test. It is fixed by now. But I'm thinking about changing it for a Stengel Dive. Thoughts?
- I didn't want to show a floating track, so i added some prefabs. They will be replaced for custom supports in the completed version.
- The ride doesn't fit the terrain. Don't worry, it will.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKcfQAkT_Q&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Tell me all the flaws you see. I still can change the ride without having to modify the scenery I've done heavily. And, which program do you use to convert your videos for uploading them to Youtube? And which format? This video is only 1 minute long, but it is already 700mb. Is it fine? Thanks in advance.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Full POV

Holy hell, that's fantastic. The one thing I noticed was after the first drop, there was a hard jerk in a transition. If you would be ok PM'ing it to me, I can take a closer look and give you more detailed. It's hard to tell without G panel and in a youtube video.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

I won't be at home until next week. I'll send it to you then. I know about the jerk in the first turn. The problem is that I have to redo the whole ride to change it, and I don't feel like doing it now. Maybe I will try to change it if I have time, but I don't know... Anyway, Maverick does the same roll change in the first turn, but it's way less noticeable.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

This week I'm planning how the queue line should be, so I added the most important buildings as reference (without detailing them, just the basic shape). Here are a few renders. Keep in mind that everything is a wip. This is only the beginning.

Under that inversion will be the entrance to the ride. It's is going to be an hybrid between Indiana Jones style camp and this:

Will add some more details, a Jeep, some crates... The sign will be carved into stone and the crane will act as a ride support. Finally an overview:

Let's explain the numbers:

1 Entrance
2 Big temple. It hide a hill and part of the queue will be inside
3 Camp. Part of the tents will be full with objects found in the temples (tresaures, totems...) Something like this:

4 Zig-zag queue line inside the building. The building will be made following this one:

5 Small temple. Same as number 2
6 Reonstruction-excavation work. Will cover the hill and the brake run
7 Station. Building in a similar way as number 4. Will cover the transfer track. The two temples are the two stations.
8 Two towers joined by a bridge. They cover the inverted Zero G Stall and its support structure. The towers will be similar to the one in the picture mentioned above, but without windows. A flame coming from the mountain will surprise riders.

Well, that's everything for now. Ideas for objects to be placed in the queue line are welcome. Thanks

Edit: forgot this one:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Theming Planning

Looks really interesting. I hope you can pull this off!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Theming Planning

^ I know that it is a very ambitious project, but I have lots of motivatiob to finish it.

I've made two sketches showing the trains:

Theme explanation: They are high tech vehicles designed to explore the temples and the mountain.

The real trains will have 3 cars of 4 seats, plus the last car seen in the picture which is for the sound system. Part of this car will be the motor of the trains and the other part is storage. The trains will have lap bars, modeled after the ones found in the new Intamin 10 inversions coasters (like the one at Cinecitta World).

BTW, here is a small tutorial about how I do my rockwork. I do it in Max, but I think you can do it in any modelling program and even without modelling anything:

- Create a rock. Clone it a few times
- Scale the rock to bigger size. Make the shape of the mountain with big rocks
- Scale and rotate few rocks. This will make the illusion that not all of the rocks are the same. Cover the mountain you've created with them
- Once you are satisfied with the result, cut the rocks for removing unused geometry. In Max I use a tool called Proboolean. Others have tell me that you can do it in Sketchup with solid tools.
-Texture it. You can find textures of almost everything for free in CGtextures
-Setting LOD's. I don't know how you do it in Sketchup.

And that's it. It is not difficult, just take a bit of time.

This tutorial may help you. It's what I do but for RCT3:

http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?topic=1214.0

And i you don't want/know how to create a rock you could use this, or download one in the sketchup warehouse:

Http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... onID=173p5

You can get good results with them, as seen in this topic:

Http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... =1#Item_30

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Lake

I have been working on the lake. There are still things to do, but I have improved a few things:

- Made the path higher. Now you see the track from above, so it doesn't block your view and you can see the splash.
- Reworked the shape. Now it's a perfect circle. Take a look to the April 30 update to see the difference.
- New fence.

Here are the pics:

And here is the work plan for this week:

- Modify the fence. I want to give it an "adventure" feeling. Now it looks like a fence you buy in your local store.
- More work in the mountain. Also making holes for the track from station to the lake. There will be a cavern in the top of the lift. One of the scenes of the coaster will be there. I have a pretty complete idea, but won't give details of it for now.
- Start working on the station. Maybe even finished. Here is a sketch:

The two temples are the stations. The building in the left is the transfer track. Proportions may not be accurate.

Remind that textures aren't definitive. Just for showing the scenery with some material on it. They will be the final step. If I made enough progress I will post a new update this week. Thanks for watching.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Lake - Edited: Aerial Sho

Amazing. Simply amazing the detail you are putting into this.