What's new

RCT4 being considered

Colossus

Giga Poster
If it happens and i wont believe it until theres an official anouncement, i would like more flexible track design, smoother corners and better surpports.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I want an un-buggy game from them, thats all I ask. Nothing thats gonna slow up. I found RCT3 better on a Mac than PC simply because it ran better.

Dave

CF Legend
Gonna bump.

But if they get it right between RCT2 functionality and practicality with RCT3's quirky new ride types and then some No Limits complexity (which should be an option) it would be awesome.

But you can dream I guess.....

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, I definitely think there is plenty of room for improvement. I like RCT's classic feel (and scenarios, as in the actual parks), RCT2's realism, and RCT3's expanded array of ride types and track pieces. But still, smoother curves and banks as well as more realistic graphics as well as making everything more customizable (inversions, track bankings and angles, scenery, peeps, and settings such as types of launches and car types).

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
I'd want the coaster designer to be bigger and let me place any coaster or tracked ride on the grid. Such as once I downloaded a replica of sd2k for rct2 from a site, and it wouldn't let me place it anywhere. :evil:

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Mybe even like ride ops and more resource management type challenges? The system of Money = Rides is far outdated... I also like the idea of a Seasonal setting where you need to attract the GP with new attractions. Basically I just want more realism...

Sam

Giga Poster
I'd be buzzing if they brought this out and it was decent..... used to love the old ones. Fingers crossed!

reddude333

Giga Poster
You better cross your fingers, toes and whatever other body parts you can physically cross because it is so highly unlikely...but I agree...

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
I don't know what it was about RCT3 but I just didn't enjoy it as much as the first 2. I think this was just down to the feel of RCT1 and RCT2 making them more immersive...but that could just be me.

This may sound a bit retro, but I really liked the psuedo 3D presentation of the first two over the full 3D of RCT3. I hope in RCT4 they incorporate some of that presentation back in because it was what makes Rollercoaster Tycoon stand out.

Agree with the idea of making guests pay at the entrance rather than at each ride. I think it would make the game a bit more of a challenge. The first game was considered the best management game for it's time and I think it needs to be reinvented again.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I totally know what you mean about the older games (at least RCT1) being awesome and in many ways better. Only issue I had was that it was a bit repetitive, but the expansions helped with that. But in case you didn't know, you can choose to only see the game (RCT3) in the same 4 views as in RCT1 and have more limited perspective if you really want to (sorry I can't recall what the setting is called). Also, paying to enter the park is more realistic for most settings so I agree that that would be a nice thing to emphasize in any potential upcoming game.

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
I reinstalled RCT3 a couple of months ago so I might have a look and see if I can find that setting. I've been playing too much simcity 4!

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Bit of an update, in the form of a hint given by Atari :D
When asked by a fan on Facebook if there would be another Roller Coaster Tycoon game, Atari responded "I got a feeling you are going to be pretty happy soon...=)"

Possible E3 reveal? Or at least an announcement?

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ I honestly don't care about any "leaks" or "rumors" until I see some legitimate gameplay footage or an ad. This kind of stuff has been going on for years practically since the last one was released.