What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
dropthefloor93 said:
Is there any way to run this on a Macbook?

There's a Mac version of RCT3 (vanilla, not the expansions) or install Windows XP on the Mac using that special thing Mac users keep going on about.

I don't know much about Macs, sorry.

kimahri

CF Legend
As furie said there's a vanilla MAc version and there is also a way of getting the expansions to work. No idea how though.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Where can I find the Vanilla? Also, my mac wont run BootCamp so I cant Double Boot windows on it *sigh*. Therefore, I am unable to boot WIN RCT3 on my mac.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
You could create a partition on your hard drive (assuming Macs allow you to do so as I'm not an Apple Fanboy) and have both Windows and Mac on it at the same time, that is if you know how to do it (if not, Google is your friend).

Then you could install RCT3 on the partition. The thing with that is that you'd have to go into Windows each time you want to use RCT3.

scw55

Hyper Poster
1) When I position a ride station underground and choose to place the enterance/exit underground, how do I start building a path from the underground exit/enterance?

My problem is that when I mouse over where the exit/enterance is with the path tool with 'see through terrain' enabled, the path blue print appears above on the ground's surface.

The only way I've been able to path to the enterance/exit of an underground ride is to creat the path is reverse which utilizes alot of trial-and-error with guessing where everything is in relation to xyz axis.

I just want to do what you could do in RCT 1 and 2.

2) Also, how do I colour individual parts of a track ride? Say colour a specific hill blood red and the rest silver? The option was alot more clearer in RCT2. In RCT3 I havn't found it yet. I have been playing for 5 years now. Finding it will allow me to be more creative with my ride designs.

3) How do I make underground sections of my rides pitch black? Or just edit the light levels.

kimahri

CF Legend
scw55 said:
1) When I position a ride station underground and choose to place the enterance/exit underground, how do I start building a path from the underground exit/enterance?

My problem is that when I mouse over where the exit/enterance is with the path tool with 'see through terrain' enabled, the path blue print appears above on the ground's surface.

The only way I've been able to path to the enterance/exit of an underground ride is to creat the path is reverse which utilizes alot of trial-and-error with guessing where everything is in relation to xyz axis.

I just want to do what you could do in RCT 1 and 2.

2) Also, how do I colour individual parts of a track ride? Say colour a specific hill blood red and the rest silver? The option was alot more clearer in RCT2. In RCT3 I havn't found it yet. I have been playing for 5 years now. Finding it will allow me to be more creative with my ride designs.

3) How do I make underground sections of my rides pitch black? Or just edit the light levels.

1. You can't
2. You can only do that when you're building the ride.
3. You can't. you can only get pitch black rides with marnetmars&drp's Darkride set

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
1) Download scenery
2) Cut its folder out of the temp/downloads directory
3) Paste it in C:\Program Files(x86)(if applicable)\Atari\RCT3\Style\Themed
4) Play game, have fun.

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Hi everyone, I've just installed CoasterJoe's Path Extensions but its not working. Can someone please help me install it properly. Above:I don't get the part about cutting out the folder. Could you please help? Thanks.

-JammyBand

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, it's pretty simple and you will get used to it the more you install custom scenery.

First you have to go into the zipped file folder for CoasterJoe's Path Extensions and inside there should be another folder titled "CoasterJoesPathway Extensions V.1"

Right-click the file folder and select "Copy". Then go to "Computer", then "C:" --> "Program Files" --> "Atari" --> "RCT3" --> "Themed". Right-click in that file folder and select "Paste". Next time you load up RCT3, the custom scenery should be in the scenery tab and under walls.

If you are still having trouble after this, just PM me and I can help you more.