What's new

RCT Classic on Mobile

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oooh, now this is interesting...

Not sure my current phone can handle it, but I'm due a new one soon so might consider it then (it'll also let me get a better feel of the reviews, it seems about 50/50 amazing/crap at the moment).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How are you finding the performance on your device (and what are you using)?

I like this idea of getting this - it seems to be getting reasonably good reviews - but I'm a bit concerned my phone isn't going to like running it. It seems to suffer with some of the larger apps these days!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Put it on my tablet, works fine! Its pretty much a best of RCT1 and 2. (Steel looping coaster (Schwarzkopf) have booster launches again! but it lacks the original 'mini coaster' spinning cars)
I got myself the basic RCT set and the "Tool Kit" that adds the sandbox mode and the prebuilt Six Flags parks. Didn't waste my money on the 2 RCT2 add on's, yet.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm using a 2 year old sony it's fine. Sometimes laggy if you zoom right out to view the whole park, but that's all.
I got myself the basic RCT set and the "Tool Kit" that adds the sandbox mode and the prebuilt Six Flags parks. Didn't waste my money on the 2 RCT2 add on's, yet.
Is their anything else in the "tool kit"

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'm having no problem playing it on my iPad, I've completed a few scenarios and haven't had any crashes (seem to be common in the reviews).
I'm struggling with my general aesthetic standards though, i can't stand building shuttles, profit or off the shelf coasters and other than the RCT b&m's the other coasters just look thin and unsupported so nearly all my coasters are woodies. I'm not too fussed about stats, they all seem to get around 8 excitement up to 9 if I drag them out and theming is a bit tedious on a touch screen!
2166834F-351A-454A-A68B-25F05767DFEF_zpsapbeloug.png

08E048D4-F662-4A68-A639-838F9F34CE73_zpsx4olynda.png

4C8C8D90-34AA-4F5C-B311-76B60DE4CE5A_zps1z9q0nve.png

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I have it on my ****ty S6 and it destroys the battery in about 3 hours but no lag issues. Forgot how limiting these games were for ride creation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
It's fab just as general gameplay but like Chris said, don't get it if you're planning on creating a work of art because the theming is really fiddly and annoying. I'm playing on my phone currently and even things like building paths can be a little tricky if you have podge fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intricks

Strata Poster
Something Ive noticed is that some rides have new things (I dont remember the Junior Coaster having Booster Wheels) while other rides are missing things found in the original (Car rides cant be built with hills anymore from scratch oddly).

Other than that, can be quite fun.

Will

Strata Poster
Picked up a cheap tablet in the post-Christmas sales, and this has been an excellent way to work out how to use it - spent most of the morning on RCT.

I always liked the classic version better than 2 or 3, and it's just the way I remember it :) I'll agree with those saying that theming is frustrating and the controls can be a bit fiddly (I've just built a very basic wild mouse, which took a while) - so playing it on a phone really doesn't bear thinking about, but as a time-killing device on something larger, you could do a lot worse. For the most part, I'm impressed.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm using it on my Samsung Tab, works fine, bit laggy when there's a thousand people in the park but lag goes when zoomed in. No issues with crashing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Something Ive noticed is that some rides have new things (I dont remember the Junior Coaster having Booster Wheels) while other rides are missing things found in the original (Car rides cant be built with hills anymore from scratch oddly).

Other than that, can be quite fun.

YES I noticed that when trying to build a go kart track, so annoying!

Also the junior coaster definitely had boost wheels in the original.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Go-Karts have been fixed to add hills.
I've also found that the B&M sit-down and Intamin Giga have launch tracks now <3 still trying to find any other new features. Still no original spinning cars for the Jr.Coaster

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Completed all parks in the first 3 sets, yay

I wish i was this disciplined, I only do parks that I like and just dont have any motivation to do boring yet easy parks like 'Factory Capers' and 'Electric Fields' need to go back and do some of the easier ones.

I haven't unlocked any Pay Per Entry parks yet so not sure if they have omitted them from the game but does anyone have a decent strategy for these? I used these Classics;
  • Dont build toilets, guests leave the park when they need a wee so a constant stream of new guests is kept up and the park rating doesn't dip that low.
  • Close the park when it gets near to capacity and use strategically placed no entry signs to empty it out quickly then re open with a marketing campaign to rake in the profit.
Closing the park was extremely effective for some quick buck but gets a bit tedious doing it every month or so

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I cannot say enough about this game - absolutely love the UI for smaller screens, same great game structure, and small-touch "updates" to classic RCT1 levels using RCT2 elements or scenery.

Battery life on my iPhone 7 has been pretty good. This game will certainly be a huge energy draw given the CPU intensity needed of calculating where guests are, physics of rides, etc. - but overall I've played this on the go no problem.

I have also loved getting back to building large custom wooden coasters. I am especially proud of my huge Side-Friction coaster from Haunted Harbor. :p

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've been stuck for 2 weeks on Funtopia. I'm jumping around groups instead of focusing on one. Love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk