What's new

Rank Your Visited Cedar Fair Parks

L3XiC

Roller Poster
1. Cedar Point: amazing park, the best in the world in my opinion. It got everything I want.

2. Canada's wonderland: Beautiful park,has a lot to offer to credit seekers like me. 3 incredible roller coasters. An awesome collection of flat rides. Just a park I have a blast each visit.

3. Kings Island: I've only visited this park once but i call it the coaster enthusiasts paradise. Everyone is so nice and approachable, even the ride ops ! I also only had 5 minutes wait on major attractions there. Their waterpark is also pretty darn good, better than most that I have visited. The only reason why it isn't over Canada's Wonderland is because of the rides. Only Mystic Timbers is amazing, I felt like Diamondback was tame, Banshee was alright but nothing insane. And Beast was shaky. I hope things will change with their possible giga coaster, Then I might rank it higher.

4. Dorney Park: Great park, has decent attractions. Slow ops ruined the day. Demon Drop was the best ride in the park. I don't hate this park, I would definitely re-visit it if I could but it can't beat the 3 other Cedar Fair parks that I've been to.

Skeletor

Roller Poster
By overall experience:
1. Cedar Point
2. King's Dominion
3. Knott's Berry Farm
4. Dorney Park
5. King's Island

If we're only talking about coasters I'd move KI up to 3 but for a general park experience I'd rather spend an entire day at Knott's or Dorney instead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fi

Mega Poster
1. Cedar Point - huge number of top quality coasters, fantastic atmosphere and great setting. It’s my happy place.

2. Knotts - got a good balance between rides and theming.

3. Kings Dominion - before visiting i expectedly this park to be a bit average, but was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it. Sure it could definitely do with another big coaster now Volcano has been removed, but Twisted Timbers is fantastic and there’s decent range of flats too.

4= Kings Island - my experience here was the opposite of KD where I’d expected it to slot into #2, but just didnt enjoy it a s much as expected. There’s a good selection of good rides, but there’s no real standouts.

4 = Canada’s Wonderland - a large quantity of coasters, but only a handful are actually worth riding. Though The top 3 are very good. Now I think about it, this and kings island should maybe be switched, I’ll let them tie.

6. CGA - small park, but gold strikers and Railblazer are both great. Though after that it’s pretty average. It’s also the only park I've experience Winterfest at, and have to say it was a great atmosphere.

7. Dorney - been years since I went here, but it was a good park with good coasters, but nothing great. Operations were slow when I was there too.

Planning to visit WOF later this year and anticipate it slotting in between CGA & Dorney - seems to have a decent ride quantity, but just average on the quality front.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Having finally been to more than 3 I can do this:

1: Cedar Point. Don't even need to explain
2: King's Island. This has overtaken KD. Great park. Quantity, quality, nice park, perhaps the best ops I've personally experienced. Had a nice feel for such a huge park.
3: King's Dominion. A strong, unique, collection of coasters. Not been in a few years now. They've lost Volcano but also have a pretty dope looking RMC.
4: Carowinds. Pretty big drop off here. Great top 3. Outside that...Copperhead was solid, rest is meh at best. Also didn't have the best "feel" from this park.
5: Dorney. OK I've not been here since 2006 BUT considering they've added 2 coasters since (one of which is gone) neither was anything that great, and they lost Laser (which really sucks) yeah.... This is basically reduced to Hydra and Talon, both of which I like but yikes. I used to really love Steel Force but that was when I was way younger and prob have done like 50 coasters tops. There were times where, (on a dreary day) I was done by noon here. I've been to PA a few times since having lived in FL and had no want to go here. Did Hershey instead or hell I'd rather do Knoebels. Not a bad park btw but a sad one.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I guess mine would go something like this?

Canada's Wonderland - Because of the two B&M's and Vortex <3 (also, lots of flats)
Kings Dominion - Because it was my "home away from home" home park for so many years

Carowinds - Because of Top Gun/Flight Deck/Afterwhatever + Fury <3
Valleyfair! - Oddly nice, Renegade and Wild Thing were fun and Steel Venom was a walk on all day

Cedar Point - Eh... Meh.... but it has Maverick and Wicked Twister
Worlds of Fun - Mehhhh... but Mamba and Cyclone Sam :D
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - ZzZzz
Kings Island - ZzZzz... but at least Diamondback ?
Knott's Berry Farm - ZzZzzzzzzzzzzz... but uh, Xcelerator? Even if it was closed my last visit.
Michigan's Adventure - lolol... Just, awful <3

Guess I can update this? I've now visited every Cedar Fair park + Gilroy

Canada's Wonderland - Because of the two three B&M's and Vortex <3 (also, lots of flats) (3 visits)
Kings Dominion - Because it was my "home away from home" home park for so many years +TT,305 (+20 visits)

(GAP)

Carowinds - Because of Top Gun/Flight Deck/Afterwhatever + Fury <3 Copperhead Strike is a lot of fun too (8 visits)
Valleyfair! - Oddly nice, Renegade and Wild Thing were fun and Steel Venom was a walk on all day (1 visit)
Cedar Point - Eh... Meh.... but it has Maverick and Wicked Twister... Steel Vengeance is cool (+20 visits)
Gilroy Gardens - Not sure if this really counts.. but its pretty cool, if not small. But it has a Monorail and the Mine Train is pretty fun. (1 visit)
California's Great America - Kinda meh... but the B&M Invert is <3 and that RMC ain't that bad either! (1 visit)

(GAP)

Worlds of Fun - Mehhhh... but Mamba and Cyclone Sam :D (1 visit)
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - ZzZzz but uh... Talon? (+10 visits)
Kings Island - ZzZzz... but at least Diamondback ? (+5 visits)
Knott's Berry Farm - ZzZzzzzzzzzzzz... but uh, Xcelerator? Even if it was closed my last visit. (2 visits)
Michigan's Adventure - lolol... Just, awful <3 (2 visits)

s253065

Roller Poster
Really wish I can go to a Cedar Fair park the closest one to me is Worlds of Fun. Which looks like a copy of Six Flags Over Texas. Minus the RMC of course. However, other the WoF. Kings Island is the next closest at 14 hours away

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
  1. Cedar Point
  2. Kings Island
  3. Carowinds
  4. Canada's Wonderland
  5. Kings Dominion
  6. Knotts Berry Farm
  7. Worlds of Fun
  8. California's Great America
  9. Michigan's Adventure
  10. Dorney Park

1. Cedar Point
  2. Valleyfair
  3. Kings Island
  4. Carowinds
  5. Kings Dominion
  6. Canada's Wonderland
  7. Knotts Berry Farm
  8. Worlds of Fun
  9. California's Great America
  10. Michigan's Adventure
  11. Dorney Park

Finally visited the last Cedar Fair park I needed a few weeks ago and now I'm kicking myself for not visiting sooner. Valleyfair was a fantastic little park regardless of how old their ride lineup is and I'm excited to plan out a Buzzed Bars Stumble and bring a whole entourage up to Minnesota in the near future!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
2. Valleyfair
giphy.gif