Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank the RMCs

Discussion in 'Polls' started by John Knotts, May 25, 2015.

1. tomahawk

tomahawk Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Outlaw Run
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    1. Outlaw Run
    2. Joker
    3. Twisted Colossus
    4. New Texas Giant

Joker was good, but it is only there because of the slowness of the second lift on TC. I felt that Joker was missing a defining moment, however the stall was sex and the 270 roll was insane. I was very critical coming off it, as we only got one ride because of a power outage at the park and :emoji_poop: ops. Really wish I could've gotten an additional ride.

Will be riding Iron Rattler in 3 weeks and Lightning Rod is still being considered as a strong possible. Also might go visit Antinos in Louisville so there's Storm Chaser too. NTG is definitely at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. sunnydhamm

sunnydhamm New Member

Best Coaster:
    Maverick
    Best Park:
    SF Fiesta Texas
    Coaster Count:
    Of those I've ridden:

1. New Texas Giant
    2. Storm Chaser
    3. Goliath
    4. Outlaw Run

I must say, even without inversions and some of the newer elements found on other RMCs, NTG is my favorite so far. The pacing is wonderful, and it seems like the focus was more on creating a great coaster and not trying to design the next crazy ride/element. The other three are all a toss up.

Of those I've not ridden:

1. Medusa Steel Coaster
    2. Lightning Rod
    3. Iron Rattler
    4. Twisted Colossus
    5. Wildfire
    6. Joker
    7. Wicked Cyclone

It hurts to put WC at the bottom, but somebody's gotta be there.

3. Hyde

Hyde Matt SR Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Ravine Flyer II
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Interesting you ranked them in that order - it's the complete inverse of mine!

I put NTG on the bottom as I felt the second half of the ride, while well paced, lacked many forces after the MCBR portion. I know that's a critique of Storm Chaser as well, lack of forces at the end, but I really enjoyed the modification of its final series of airtime hills to also include lateral forces. Outlaw Run is my top RMC by a good distance, if only for the brilliant pacing and near-perfect weaving of elements.

I guess it's important to put each ride into context - NTG was a purposely conservative ride, as it was to prove the Iron Horse concept. Outlaw Run was purposely aggressive in its layout, as it was to prove the Topper Track concept.

4. Bedholm

Bedholm Member

Best Coaster:
    Voyage
    Best Park:
    Cedar point
    Coaster Count:
    1. Lightning Rod
    2. Twisted Colossus
    3. Iron Rattler
    4. Wicked Cyclone
    5. Storm Chaser Only rode in 2016 so will likely move up if I ride it again.
    6. New Texas Giant
    7. Outlaw Run Easily the roughest RMC in the US
    8. Goliath
    9. Joker Was really sluggish and I got stapled multiple times every ride.

Haven't been on Medusa or Wildifre but I think both would be in the top 5 for me.

MestnyiGeroi likes this.
  5. Antinos

Antinos Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens Europe
    Coaster Count:
    Of what I've ridden:

1. Lightning Rod
    2. Outlaw Run
    3. Goliath
    4. Storm Chaser
    5. The Joker
    6. Wicked Cyclone
    7. Twisted Colossus

6. tomahawk

tomahawk Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Outlaw Run
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    1. Outlaw Run
    2. Iron Rattlwr
    2. Joker
    3. Twisted Colossus
    4. New Texas Giant

I was surprisingly blown away by Iron Rattler. The drop is terrifying with the slow down at the top, but I feel it could be that much better if it kept a consistent speed. I kept preparing myself for insane ejector, especially the hill coming off the second top of quarry part, but it didn't hit how I expected. That said, I felt it was the most complete iron horse I've ridden, as the end still gives a tremendous pop of ejector. I wish it had an extra kick at the end, but it was great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. LiveForTheLaunch

LiveForTheLaunch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Once again, try to get out there to ride it again now that the wheels have been changed. You will seriously eat those words. Someone described those final airtime hills as "a car crash, but a car crash you want to be a part of." Probably the craziest moment of airtime I ever felt, verging on painful.