Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank the RMCs

Discussion in 'Polls' started by John Knotts, May 25, 2015.

1. PeteA

PeteA Member

Best Coaster:
    El Toro
    Best Park:
    Silverwood
    Coaster Count:
    Was just way too painful to enjoy. The final bunny hills were an endurance test. Looking at the initial POV's which came out, the ride was crawling around the last sections, but its flying at the moment and its making the ride painful (for me anyway).

2. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    I got you. I've said it for other RMC's but they can throw you around. Some people love it, some don't. Also one ride can be more intense and you can love it while another is less and you don't. Such a wild spectrum for these rides.

3. PeteA

PeteA Member

Best Coaster:
    El Toro
    Best Park:
    Silverwood
    Coaster Count:
    Completely agree, three of those RMC's I have ridden are just way too painful, whilst the others don't give me pain at all :) (Steel Vengeance, Stormchaser and Twisted Timbers). Maybe its because those 3 rides have periods of heavy sustained ejector, whereas the others I have ridden have other elements other than continual airtime mixed in. Also one of the trains on Lightning Rod was a lot more uncomfortable than the other and indeed that train was taken off midway through the following day.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Universal Studios Fl
    Coaster Count:
    1. Steel Vengeance. This coaster destroys everything else on the planet, hands down, no ifs, no buts, no caveats.
    Me, @DelPiero and @davidm whorred the sh*t out of it this week - front, back, middle, left, right, day and night. Totally addictive. Elements that defy the laws of physics, it subjects your body to forces that it shouldn't be subjected to, and does it in a way that leaves you gagging for more.
    And the airtime - my god, the airtime. Throughout its 2 minute ride time, Steel Vengeance tries to fling you to a very messy death, again and again and again.

And again and again and again.
    And that's just the first lap. I'm talking Storm Chaser levels of airtime, but on a coaster that has the size, the spectacle and the grandeur of Wildfire.
    I know, I sound like an RMC fanboy caught up in the hype, or some basic bitch that simply hasn't experienced anything decent before... but I'm not that basic - I'd ridden 3 other RMC's in the week leading up to this, and I was ready and willing to be uber critical of this one, but SteVe's utter dominance is in your face and absolutely undeniable.
    It's the greatest coaster in the world. End of.

2. Outlaw Run. A fantastic coaster, this. Fast, ferocious layout, great location, some unique elements and buckets of airtime.
    It was easily my favourite RMC... for about 5 days!

3. Wildfire. This was my first RMC and it remains a magnificent piece of engineering, in an absolutely stunning location. It's big, it's bold and it's fast, but the pacing peters out a bit towards the end.

4. Storm Chaser. What a ride! Apart from SV, this has the strongest airtime of anything I've ever ridden, and the pacing is perfection. What let's this one down is the location, it just seems to be plonked on a bit of flat, uninspiring scrubland, next to a road and overlooking a tyre depot. It just doesn't feel as 'special' as the others.
    But it's still mental.

5. Goliath. Still a damn good ride, great drop, great dive loop and the fantastic stall inversion, but the layout is simple and doesn't feature the insane, rapid-fire sequence of elements as the others, and it's all over far too quickly.

That's my lot.

5. Jarrett

Jarrett Most Obnoxious Member 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    SFFT
    Coaster Count:
    Well after a fairly tumultuous (and still somewhat incomplete) return trip from Texas, I’m back in the Buckeye State with three new RMCs to my name!

Steel Vengeance
    Lightning Rod
    Iron Rattler
    Wicked Cyclone
    Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster
    Outlaw Run
    Twisted Cyclone
    Storm Chaser
    New Texas Giant
    Goliath

That trip is a must for any RMC nerd but the ones there are definitely not what you think of when you think of a typical RMC experience. Iron Rattler is a world class coaster full of strong ejector and stunning visuals at a great pace. Wonder Woman is a pretty generic layout taken at an insane pace punctuated by insane airtime and made great by the sketchy rail width and gorgeous location. Texas Giant is a bottom tier RMC (as to be expected from the prototype) with a very strong start and a very weak end, and certainly a few missed airtime spots around the layout.

I’m in the double digits for RMCs ridden now! Planning one more by the end of 2018 with Twisted Timbers this fall.