What's new

Rank the B&M Wing Coasters

BBH

Giga Poster
From the ones you have ridden, how would you rank the Wing Coasters you've ridden as of yet?

I've only ridden X-Flight, which is my favorite coaster that I've ridden so far. (Not for long though. ;) )

TilenB

Strata Poster
1. Raptor

Same boat as you two :)
It is a decent ride, among the smoothest coasters that I've ridden, but not really thrilling. Sort of a family thrill in my opinion.

Hutch

Strata Poster

Haven't been on any yet. Hopefully that will change if I visit Cedar Point this summer.

IMO, Gatekeeper looks like best of 'em. Flying Over the Rainforest also looks really nice.

nadroJ

CF Legend
1. Raptor
2. Swarm

Raptor slightly pips it for me because the first drop is awesome and the near misses are better. That by no means makes Swarm a bad coaster though, I have a lot of love for it.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
1. Raptor
2. Swarm

Raptor slightly pips it for me because the first drop is awesome and the near misses are better. That by no means makes Swarm a bad coaster though, I have a lot of love for it.

Got to agree with you there. Raptor seems to assimilate into the park a lot more into the park rather than being located on an odd secluded island and, surprisingly, is more forceful too, especially in Negative's during the first drop. The more abundant near misses work far better due to them being actually visible going at Raptor's speed (seeming inevitable) and for me, it interacts better with the queueline.

Swarm's brilliant, but it's just a little too short.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Swarm
Raptor

both very good, but swarm is just a bit more thrilling. However, i think all the other wing riders look at least a bit better.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A good base question would be who has ridden multiple wing coasters? *coughECGcough* :wink:

GateKeeper is a great ride, but I haven't a clue how it would stack up against the competition.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Rank the B&M Wing Coasters

Hyde244 said:
A good base question would be who has ridden multiple wing coasters? *coughECGcough* :wink:

GateKeeper is a great ride, but I haven't a clue how it would stack up against the competition.

From what I remember of my brief chat with ECG before leaving CPs Media Day, it didnt seem to stack well. He will of course need to correct me if Im wrong (which I could be. I dont even remember getting past the Cedar Point due to being so tired).

Jared

Hyper Poster
Re: Rank the B&M Wing Coasters

Raptor is without a doubt better than Swarm, especially in the back <3 Swarm is good, but Raptor is more immersive and rides better as a result.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've been on X-Flight and Wild Eagle.

X-Flight was rather fun. I rode it front row right side in the day time and back row left side at night. I'd say its my "favorite" wing coaster. But I don't really care for this style.
Wild Eagle I rode front, back, and a few middles.... didn't really care for it and the OTSR straps kept locking up on me and digging into my shoudlers... And it left physical bruises on my body!

And while not B&M, I've been on Baco too... and I'd place it near the bottom of my semi-long track record.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
1. X-Flight
2. Raptor
3. Wild Eagle
4. Swarm*
5. GateKeeper

*Haven't ridden Swarm this year & it could be better now with the billboard near miss & reverse seats.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
1. Raptor
2. Swarm

Swarm is a better ride technically, but the near misses are what this ride type excels at, and Raptor does that beautifully.