What's new

Pray for Florida

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Not just for Florida, but also to the many Caribbean Islands and Nations in the Atlantic that had to endure not only Harvey and Irma, but also Jose and Katia now forming.

Thoughts out to everyone affected by any of the storms.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Odd being in Orlando right now. Last year when Matthew had a slight chance of coming through ...it was pretty chaotic leading up to it and yet this seems like a far greater danger and no one seems to care. At least yet.

I was actually supposed to be going down to Miami for the weekend with some friends but that's obviously not going to happen. Although I was amused earlier today when I got a text notification from the hotel confirming my reservation.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Mental how people still thinking praying does anything after the countless times it's been churned out after a terrorist attack or natural disaster to absolutely no avail.

And yeah, Florida might get a bit damp and a bit windy, boo hoo, half the entire population of Barbuda is homeless apparently and St Maarten has been mostly flattened. Have a look at chucking some money to Red Cross if you're that bothered.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
1 Comment = 1 Prayer*
*Prayers are only given to white Americans though. :emoji_zipper_mouth: the Caribbean.
As a white American, I greatly appreciate all the time and effort you put into this prayer for me, as well as all my fellow, white Americans.

But for real, I feel like people here and now finally taking this seriously..... I spent the second part of today moving on my patio furniture and potted plants inside of a closet and pulling everything I could away from my windows and moving my computer into the hall and doing the best prep I could.... Seems like the worst of it will come through Orlando between 11 p.m. Sunday and 1 a.m. Monday. It's pretty odd checking your phone weather app and seeing it say 103 mile an hour winds.

Also, back to memes and stuff

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oddly, I've been praying - since he got into power - that Trump would be sent a message from God that climate change is real. Something quite direct that would make him stand up and take note of the damage the human race is doing to the world. As leader of America, he's in a prime position to heed the warning of God and make the changes needed to save God's creation.

While I hope there are few (if any) deaths, I pray that Trump will see God's message.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Well, that was interesting. Damage on my side of town seem to be more apparent than where I chose to ride out the storm. Lots and lots of trees down or large branches. Lots of plant-based debris everywhere. My house was fine although other buildings in my complex had their storm drains ripped off. Most of the other neighborhoods in my immediate area were without power but when I came home my power was on. Although all the street lights/stop lights were completely off. Most of the parks are reopening today. Although Disney is keeping the water parks closed.