Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pray for Florida

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by isamor1993, Sep 7, 2017.

1. isamor1993

isamor1993 New Member

Best Coaster:
    Millennium Force
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
  2. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    Not just for Florida, but also to the many Caribbean Islands and Nations in the Atlantic that had to endure not only Harvey and Irma, but also Jose and Katia now forming.

Thoughts out to everyone affected by any of the storms.

isamor1993 and Joey like this.
  3. CanobieFan

CanobieFan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Boulderdash
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Odd being in Orlando right now. Last year when Matthew had a slight chance of coming through ...it was pretty chaotic leading up to it and yet this seems like a far greater danger and no one seems to care. At least yet.

I was actually supposed to be going down to Miami for the weekend with some friends but that's obviously not going to happen. Although I was amused earlier today when I got a text notification from the hotel confirming my reservation.

4. Joey

Joey Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Fury 325
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Prayers won't do :emoji_poop:, if you want to help, donate to disaster relief.

And Florida will be (comparatively) fine... Puerto Rico and the surrounding islands? Yeah, not so much.

Mysterious Sue and Jarrett like this.
  5. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Joey always putting the positive spin on things.. :p

6. Ben

Ben Best SM Team Member 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    1 Comment = 1 Prayer*

*Prayers are only given to white Americans though. :emoji_zipper_mouth: the Caribbean.

Jarrett, Snoo, CanobieFan and 4 others like this.
  7. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Balder
    Best Park:
    Port Aventura
    Coaster Count:
    Mental how people still thinking praying does anything after the countless times it's been churned out after a terrorist attack or natural disaster to absolutely no avail.

And yeah, Florida might get a bit damp and a bit windy, boo hoo, half the entire population of Barbuda is homeless apparently and St Maarten has been mostly flattened. Have a look at chucking some money to Red Cross if you're that bothered.

Pokemaniac, isamor1993 and Joey like this.
  8. CanobieFan

Best Coaster:
    Boulderdash
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    As a white American, I greatly appreciate all the time and effort you put into this prayer for me, as well as all my fellow, white Americans.

But for real, I feel like people here and now finally taking this seriously..... I spent the second part of today moving on my patio furniture and potted plants inside of a closet and pulling everything I could away from my windows and moving my computer into the hall and doing the best prep I could.... Seems like the worst of it will come through Orlando between 11 p.m. Sunday and 1 a.m. Monday. It's pretty odd checking your phone weather app and seeing it say 103 mile an hour winds.

Also, back to memes and stuff

Joey likes this.
  9. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Surely praying for people affected by a hurricane - well, praying at all really - is passive aggressively telling God that his plan is wrong? How dare you!

Pokemaniac, Snoo, Joey and 2 others like this.
  10. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

^ yeah its why I don't pray for small children with terminal cancer either, just a bit hypocritical really.

Hixee and gavin like this.
  11. furie

furie SBOPD Staff Member Administrator Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    Oddly, I've been praying - since he got into power - that Trump would be sent a message from God that climate change is real. Something quite direct that would make him stand up and take note of the damage the human race is doing to the world. As leader of America, he's in a prime position to heed the warning of God and make the changes needed to save God's creation.

While I hope there are few (if any) deaths, I pray that Trump will see God's message.

Mysterious Sue, Snoo and jayjay like this.
  12. CanobieFan

Best Coaster:
    Boulderdash
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Well, that was interesting. Damage on my side of town seem to be more apparent than where I chose to ride out the storm. Lots and lots of trees down or large branches. Lots of plant-based debris everywhere. My house was fine although other buildings in my complex had their storm drains ripped off. Most of the other neighborhoods in my immediate area were without power but when I came home my power was on. Although all the street lights/stop lights were completely off. Most of the parks are reopening today. Although Disney is keeping the water parks closed.

DelPiero, jayjay, Joey and 1 other person like this.
  13. Hixee

Hixee Most Knowledgeable Member 2016 Staff Member Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Stay safe out there @CanobieFan! Glad to hear you're okay and that you seem to have escaped the worst of it.

CanobieFan, DelPiero and Joey like this.
  14. Mysterious Sue

Mysterious Sue Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Eurgh. Asking people to pray is just insulting to us non-religious types. Like @Joey said, if you want to do something useful, donate to a relief fund.

Glad you're alright @CanobieFan if you were in the brunt of it.