What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

UP87

Mega Poster
Even if you would be allowed to talk about it, you'd basically be done before you really got started... Feels rather short to me on POV.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've seen this a few times in the last few posts, and woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, so -

The Pitts Special was designed by Curtis Pitts, not Curtis Pitt. The plane is called a Pitts Special. It's the same way you'd say a Mercedes C-class, not Mercede's C-class or Mercedes' C-class.

Okay, grumble over. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Why is nobody talking about how ****ing **** the name is? Pitt’s Special sounds like a seedy kink bar.
The name sounds more appropriate for an ice cream than for a coaster, in my opinion.
It sounds like a deodorant to me ;)
I’m admittedly not sure on the name (sounds more like some fancy brand of gin than a coaster to me, but each to their own

I think we could make a decent poll thread out of this.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Don't forget to include the option that the name sounds like some kind of signature dish from a rundown diner.

"- So, besides the options on the menu, we have the Pitts Special, which is available until 2pm and comes with some onion rings on the side.
- Nah, I will order a regular cheeseburger, please."

Last edited:

Gazza

Giga Poster
we have the Pitts Special, which is available until 2pm and comes with some onion rings on the side.
- Nah, I will order a regular cheeseburger, please."

That reminds me of a joke.
A guy goes to a diner and a burly woman behind the counter takes his order.
"Two burgers and a hot dog please"
The woman then proceeds to get two burger patties out of the freezer and places them under her armpits.
"Why are you doing that?" The man asks.
"To defrost them" The woman serving him replies.

"Ok cancel the hot dog then"

UP87

Mega Poster
Wow... It's been operating for less than a week... How did it happen? Was it a windy day? Was the train too light?
I hope they can find an easy way to prevent this from happening regularly or this might be a huge failure!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Hahahaha I am just loving this ****show of a coaster!

If 2020 was a coaster, this most definitely would be it!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In all fairness, when Smiler first opened it had the same issues. I believe up until after the incident, it ran slower wheels, then following on the wheels got swapped for a different material so it's no longer an issue, which is what they could do here.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I may be getting my wires crossed, but I believe Gerstlauers - and plenty of other coasters from other manufacturers - have different types of wheels for different types of weather (usually 'hot' and 'cold'). It can take some time for the park's engineering team to adjust when to use what type of wheel (and things like wind should also be taken into account).

Stuff like this happens, always will. Still gotta laugh though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This ride being ****e valued a signature change.

Gran mejora.

I do hope they managed to refine the stalling issues though.

Last edited:

Tonehaven

Roller Poster
Yo! Long time lurker, first time poster!? Rode Pitts Special today and had to chime in just to say that it really isn't anywhere near as bad as it looks in that POV, and actually was quite a lot of fun. After a few teething problems in the morning (one restraint not opening seemed to be the main thing...) the ride ran smoothly the whole day and was for sure one of the most popular with the general public. It didn't seem to threaten to repeat the valleying, despite super high winds too.

There was a definite rattle (similar to icons but a little worse) but overall the ride was smooth, fun and enjoyable and even gave a few pops of airtime. The whole thing generally just makes a lot more sense too if you see it in the park. Looks really good over the entrance! I was also skeptical about the colour scheme buut it looks nice and tidy there having the two plane-themed coasters together, the ride experience is also totally different from Junkers (which is excellent by the way, super smooth and honestly gives Taiga a run for its money in terms of coasters here in Finland - Taiga is classier of course but Junker a bit more wild & fun!) so yeah, doesn't seem like a bad addition after all!

Now the park is done with the fillers it just needs something huuuuge to really put itself on the map! :)

Last edited: