What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Lofty

CF Legend
Surely it will be named something else before opening, there's no way PA go with something that generic.
That's a good way of thinking, but you've gotta bear in mind that this technically isn't just 'PA', Ferrari would 100% have an input in all creative elements.

Although, on the website it also says "THE HIGHEST AND FASTEST VERTICAL ACCELERATOR IN EUROPE", which makes me think that it's just a page holder on the website until the actual name appears.

zazobo

Hyper Poster

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I suspect that they have gone for such generic naming just in case the whole Ferrari thing goes tits up and they need to get rid of the brand. They could always retheme it to just Italy or something, which is also in the Mediterranean sea and is next to the current Mediterranean section.

But Vertical Accelerator seems way too generic. Almost RCT-esque. I think PA might be aiming at the world's record of worst coaster ever in all aspects.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
In other news, the website pretty much confirms that guests staying on property hotels will have to pay 35 euros (adults) or 25 euros (kids) if they want to gain access to FerrariLand. These rate also apply to season pass holders, but in this case tickets are limited to 2 per pass EACH SEASON.

Some aerial shots of the park (you can really appreciate how tiny it is):

16299133_1339306472806262_4573416664946070001_n.jpg

16472933_1339306502806259_6040980714170063017_n.png

The latest picture sort of reveals that there will be two flying theatres, not one.

Source: el blog de Dream / Oxtoxpress

Benenen

Hyper Poster
This is all such a mess. A second gate park should hold your attention for a whole day. For example if you lived in LA you may consider popping into DCA one afternoon without stepping foot in Disneyland or if you and your Orlando mates were free one Saturday you may spend the whole day chilling at IOA. No one living in Barcelona is going to get the train down just for Ferrari Land even if it was ticketed that way, it's a joke they're charging extra for what is essentially a new 'land'.

There's many things about PA that scream shameless cash grab but this takes the cake.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

spicy

Giga Poster
Whatever happened to the planned Ferrari hotel? Is it still happening? Haven't heard or seen anything about it since the original announcement.

2E4E469D00000578-3311723-image-a-44_1447162267503.jpg

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Opening in 2 months and it looks effing bare, I don't see the point in this 2nd gate at all, should be a separate, uncharged, area of the existing park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That train wobble at 00:25... o_O

"Feel the wind" conjures up images of flying to me too.

So weird. I almost like it.