What's new

Poland | Energylandia | Theme Park

peep

CF Legend
5!? It was 3 the last time I looked.

The park is already open and when I looked into it it sounded like a couple of creds were already open? Although that could have been Google translate throwing me off the scent lol. It definitely opened two weeks ago though.

TilenB

Strata Poster
One of the creds has already opened with the park, but it's a SBF Visa spinning mouse, so nothing too exciting. The other five coasters (at least the three Mack ones; the last one was confirmed as a Blue Fire clone on their website) seem at lot more exciting. I also like the park's relative proximity to Ślaskie Wiesole something (the park with the Soquet looper), so they could both make for a nice few days' trip to Poland :)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Searching deeper into their webpage, it seems that also the smallest two coasters are already operational. Mars Coaster seems to be SBF Visa Group Take-Off, whereas Frutti Loop is an off the shelf Wacky Worm. So, 3 coasters (probably all SBF Visas) operating, 3 Macks coming up next year.

TilenB

Strata Poster
The 3 Macks have been replaced with 3 Vekomas. A SLC, SFC and Roller-skater. Oh thy excitement...

The really big step forward is to take place next year. With three new roller coasters the Energylandia want to draw attention to themselves. From the Children's Railway through to Thrill Coaster so you want to cover all target groups. Original plans showed MACK Rides suppliers as a launchpad, one spinning and one Youngstarcoasters.

But recently it was confirmed on the official Facebook page of the park that instead Vekoma has been awarded all three roller coasters. Again, we chose tracks from three different categories:

For the necessary thrill a Suspended Looping Coaster (SLC) with standard layout provides. As a brand new plant of this type is certainly no problems with, have often complained about driving in similar orbits, one can speak here of the new Hauptattrakion the park. The system is provided with an Egyptian theme.

Source: http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/24-t ... polen.html

peep

CF Legend
Oh sad face in regards to the SLC. Although I do like a good Egyptian themed ride.

The two family Vekomas should be ok.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Egyptian themes are very cool!

Be interesting to see how much better a new SLC is, compared to an old one. But it is a shame that the park is getting one.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I do like some Vekoma coasters, but this is very disappointing that they decided to go to them for all their coasters. But with another new coaster for 2016, maybe put it off till then =/ Very undecided at this time.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ugh, that takes me from excited to "DO NOT WANT". Mack have been making some quality rides lately. Vekoma? Not so much.

In all fairness, the SFC will probably be OK. The SLC will probably get fairly bumpy fairly quickly, but if it's a new build with new trains and the newer Vekoma restraint style it'll probably be tolerable. The roller skater isn't going to be fun though. Those things seem to start out rough and get worse from there.

peep

CF Legend
I really like Rollerskaters? Never found them to be rough. Just fun family creds.

The 2016 cred is apparently another Vekoma but this time a new launch model, kinda intrigued by that.

Montario

Roller Poster
Hey everyone, an update - videos have been uploaded very recently showing the Vekoma SFC in operation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4v2gcFd6I[/youtube]

EDIT: The Polish section of skyscrapercity are keeping a close eye on all the construction taking place - very nice images:

Dragon Roller Coaster (Vekoma SFC) (loving the overbank too :) )
8sH5hnL.jpg

5A3m62H.jpg

...and the Vekoma SLC pieces laying on site:
Ifqcf7f.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
It's an Orkanen clone, isn't it? Looks quite fun, definitely a step up for Poland in terms of roller coasters :)

Montario

Roller Poster
TilenB said:
It's an Orkanen clone, isn't it? Looks quite fun, definitely a step up for Poland in terms of roller coasters :)

Yep, I think so! - I'm not sure about the theming (if any) intended for this ride as it seemed extensive in the original plans/concept artwork. Either way, it's about time Poland start accumulating some notable creds!

andrus

Giga Poster
Orkanen if a fab coaster! :--D Although most of that is because of it's theming; I can imagine it being a rather bland, or "standard", ride without it..

Montario

Roller Poster
^The actual track is orange, the supports are a slightly darker shade though the colour is still too similar.

The SLC trains are ready to be transported:

11264818_860432514045190_4245083456930422193_n.jpg

*EDIT: More construction images:

XC0Jov.jpg

0tc5gx.jpg

11722521_1644084215877826_3618339415977647983_o.jpg