Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plopsa water park on Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
There is an extension to this trip which we are calling 'Waliplopsterix', which adds a day at Walibi Belgium on the Friday before the other two parks.
This post will be edited to keep people updated with the status of this trip.

Travel details (from the UK):
If you want to fly with us then it's Ryanair FR3238 from Manchester to Charleroi, departing at 7:50 on Friday 30th June, and flight FR3223 departing Charleroi at 21:55 on Sunday 2nd July. It's a very cheap return flight at circa £50 at the time of writing.
You can also meet at Charleroi airport at 10:30am on Friday 30th.

Members on this trip
Drivers: witchfinder, Howie
Passengers: NeoXIII, DubaiDave, Sandman, chainedbanana, Nosythemeparkr
Current car spaces available: 1 (2 cars booked)

Hotel Bookings
Friday night: Première Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Saturday night: Campanile - Compiegne

Park Bookings
All booked!

If anyone else is interested in joining us on this trip then get in touch. Additional drivers are welcome in particular! :)

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
Well I noticed flights to/from Charleroi were under £50 with Ryanair for the July dates so I've gone ahead and booked them. My trip will be called 'Waliplopsterix' as I'm going to fly in early and do Walibi Belgium on Friday 30th and then the two planned CF live dates, then fly out on Sunday night.

If anyone else is interested in joining me on this then I will be hiring a car for the three days and will be looking to share accommodation too.

I'm trying to make this trip and wouldn't mind hitting Walibi (need the creds).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well I noticed flights to/from Charleroi were under £50 with Ryanair for the July dates so I've gone ahead and booked them. My trip will be called 'Waliplopsterix' as I'm going to fly in early and do Walibi Belgium on Friday 30th and then the two planned CF live dates, then fly out on Sunday night.

If anyone else is interested in joining me on this then I will be hiring a car for the three days and will be looking to share accommodation too.

Yeah man, I wouldn't mind getting in on that! Where are you flying from dude?

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I would be interested in that too if there is still room. Was trying to find a way to get there but couldn't find a cheap way to get there. This would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
For the benefit of anyone else interested, I'm flying out with Ryanair from Manchester at 7:50 on Friday and returning from Charleroi at 21:55 on Sunday. Howie and DubaiDave have tentatively taken two seats in the car so there's one left, unless we get lots more interest in which case we could hire more cars or a bigger one! :)

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
For the benefit of anyone else interested, I'm flying out with Ryanair from Manchester at 7:50 on Friday and returning from Charleroi at 21:55 on Sunday. Howie and DubaiDave have tentatively taken two seats in the car so there's one left, unless we get lots more interest in which case we could hire more cars or a bigger one! :)
Consider me interested! Gotta see if I can get the Friday off work though first. :)

Sandman

Giga Poster
If there's any room then I'd still like to jump on for Walibi. I can fly from Manchester and can/will book if I know there's a seat available in a car!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
If there's any room then I'd still like to jump on for Walibi. I can fly from Manchester and can/will book if I know there's a seat available in a car!

Well, we've already got 4 of us pencilled in for a car... But we can easily rent a bigger car or, if more people join in (which I'm sure they will), hire more cars. If you see a cheap flight up for grabs, I'd say book it dude. We'll make sure you don't get left behind :)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Agreed, I'm sure we can squeeze another one in if we got a reasonable sized car - having five people to share the cost means we could afford a better one anyway. And I'm sure more people might be up for this so we may get enough for two cars anyway.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Cheers Howie & witchfinder!

I'm actually looking at booking the same flights as witchfinder, as they are convenient times for me, plus the price is good. I'll book next Friday, because there's less guilt on pay day ;)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ There's 4 of us on those flights already! :)
Just be wary that the price may go up (it already has in fact) but they're still very cheap relatively speaking.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
With the plopsa/asterix trip - are people flying in AND out of Charleroi? Or flying in to Charleroi and out of Paris etc? I.e. are people planning on driving from Parc Asterix back to Charleroi?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Can't speak for everyone but 4-5 of us are flying into and out of Charleroi. The flights out on Sunday are late enough that we can leave Parc Asterix at 5pm(ish) and easily get back. It's a bit of a slog but far cheaper than flying out of Paris and paying the one-way fee for car hire.

If you don't want to do Walibi Belgium on the Friday then it would probably be easier to fly into Paris, drive to Plopsaland and have a shorter journey back to the airport in Paris on Sunday night after Asterix.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
OmG. I don't know which of you lot to warn about the others.

Though I reckon by the end of it, Witchfinder and Howie will either of killed each other or eloped... :)

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.