• Plopsa only!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plopsa water park on Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Should've shopped at Tesco more... ;)

If anyone's bought from the above site and hasn't read the translation, it appears the Plopsa ticket gets sent on a separate email to the booking confirmation, and bizarrely only between 5 and 8pm! So if like me you bought it tonight and haven't got it yet, don't worry... yet.
I've got my asterix tickets now, also going to get a holiday park pass which gives 40% off at both walibi Belgium and plopsa (also phantasialand).

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just looking at the asterix website and the number of tickets available is stressing me out! Going to sort it all out today.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^Yes, they have got rather carried away with options! However, I believe the only one we can all get that is valid for the day we want to go is the 41€ one, if that helps? Now all you need is a good knowledge of French or Google translate... ;)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
@SilverArrow

They also have an English version in case you didn't find it. It's actually fairly well hidden with a tab at the very bottom of the page (actually sent a feedback to the park about that).
https://www.parcasterix.fr/en/offers

witchfinder is correct anyways, the €41 ticket seems to be the best option available here.
Thanks, haha, couldn't find it. Bit late now. Google translate and GCSE french helped me through! ;)

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Less than a week until it begins! It's now too late to buy Asterix tickets on the cheap, so I hope everybody has already done so!

Let's talk meeting points.

PLOPSALAND
The park opens at 10:30 (and closes at 18:00).

To minimise faff (ha!), I want us to meet INSIDE the park so everybody is ready to go. Meet by the fountains just inside the park by 10:45. This means you have to get your car park photo of Heidi, your selfie in front of the big door, urinate, got your tickets and gone through the gates before meet up. We'll be moving away at 10:45 sharp! You can buy your car park exit token at any time of the day, so if you're pushed for the meet up time, don't waste time queuing to buy it.
Plan_Plopsaland_2017.png

I'm thinking about doing Heidi first to minimise cred anxiety. It also puts us near to the Fat Blyers which might have a favourable queue. Don't worry, we'll do Heidi again late in the day when it's warmed up. It'll also be interesting to see if our thoughts about the ride changes between cold/warm operations!

Of course, this could change if Plopsa get back to me. I have sent ANOTHER email today. I will post in here if it does.

PARC ASTERIX
The park opens at 10:00 and closes at 18:00.

It has been about a decade since I visited the park so I'm not sure about estimated queue times, location of things and where's best to meet. What I do know is that we should meet somewhere inside the park 15 mins after it opens. Like Plopsa, this means you should have your tickets (including the Pass Rapide thing) and be refreshed before meet up! Please could somebody familiar with the park suggest a good place to meet!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I don't know the park at all but since it's the new cred, how about meeting at the entrance to Pegase Express, which also seems to be quite close to the park entrance and the first coaster you come to travelling clockwise round the park? If it's not too busy we could grab a ride through the normal queue and save the fast pass for later perhaps?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, she is.

The Sue meet up time is 09:00 yesterday.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

Good news, we have 15mins ERT on Heidi at the very start of the day!

This means we will have to meet at Plopsa by 09:30! Got that?!

This is great cus we can grab a few rides on it first thing AND get both Bat Flyer creds before the other guests get to the ride! Although we'd get everything done anyway, it does take the pressure off.

So, yes, 09:30 by the big door outside the park is the new meet up. This might change to earlier, I need to call them tomorrow. (The park has been trying to call me but for some reason my phone is not accepting incoming calls...) Keep an eye on this topic for updates.

There is one stipulation to this perk - I get to ride front row first ;)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Awesome @Ian! Too bad I won't be part of this part of the meeting, but enjoy your rides there ;)

Chatted a little with Deanrell on FB. He is the biggest French Coaster Youtuber as of now and regularly visits Astérix. Here's what he advised:

- Pégase Express' entrance is indeed a good place to meet. Not too far from the park entrance and easily seeable.
- Regardless of the Pass Rapidus, starting with the Greece zone (Pégase, Tonnerre de Zeus) is the way to go.
- The wait times are lower on OzIris between 1-3pm.
- Goudurix (which is not part of the Pass Rapidus, remind you) is better done shortly before noon or right before park closure.

Other, well-trusted French coasterfan site Trips'n'pics recommends doing Oxgénarium before noon as well.

I plan to bring my GoPro to record some videos there. I sent a mail to the park and am awaiting confirmation I can record on-ride. Does anyone mind being filmed? I would not want to ruin the atmosphere on my first meeting for some silly reasons...

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you on Sunday!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Chatted a little with Deanrell on FB. He is the biggest French Coaster Youtuber as of now and regularly visits Astérix. Here's what he advised:

- Pégase Express' entrance is indeed a good place to meet. Not too far from the park entrance and easily seeable.

I plan to bring my GoPro to record some videos there. I sent a mail to the park and am awaiting confirmation I can record on-ride. Does anyone mind being filmed? I would not want to ruin the atmosphere on my first meeting for some silly reasons...

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you on Sunday!
Thanks, CH! @witchfinder agress, so there we go...

ASTERIX - MEET AT THE NEW CRED AT 10:15.

Unless somebody asks you directly to not film them, film away! It would be great to see a video. Isn't that right, @Chris Brown?!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
15mins ERT is confirmed. Plopsa are meeting us at 09:30 at the entrance so please be at the big door by 09:20!

They have offered a backstage tour between 1 and 2pm. I realise this might not be of interest to everybody (cus many of us have had one before) but I need to know URGENTLY if you want to do it it or not. I'm happy to split the group over an extended lunch break for those interested. Please let me know ASAP!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Very nice of them to offer the backstage tour, might seem kinda rude to turn it down? So yeah I'm in.

PS Backstage tour of what?

Ben

CF Legend
If anyone wants to do the €39 tickets for Asterix let me know ASAP.

I need three volunteers to make it work so PM me or post if anyone else missed the deadline.

****ing rip off park.

Nope that's too late and all. €49! Forty nine! Rip off merchants.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh, forgot to say about the tour in my outrage...

We're not going to be there for ERT because we're on the ferry out that morning, so I'll do the cred at lunch so I'm a no.

Status
Not open for further replies.