Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plopsa water park on Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
If we're under 25 (just) is it worth prebooking an individual ticket for asterix? (Also do they ask for ID to check? Seems like a weird age to have a cut off for.)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I'd definitely recommend booking in advance a discount ticket if you're under 26. Many organisations in France offer discounts for people aged 25 and under such as public transportation and museums.

They do ID Check, but they might accept a photocopy - though I have to ask thr park for confirmation.

Right, can confirm I'm coming now, my trip is actually starting and ending in beauvais and will have a rental car from this wednesday until the 3rd June. I'll join you guys at walibi Belgium if that's cool? I'll be likely doing some sort of circuit around, likely hitting phantasialand, movie park and others prior to the cf trip and people are welcome to join me at any park. whereabouts are people staying on fri/sat/sun night?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Those of us going to Walibi are doing a group booking to save money on tickets, so if you're 100% committed to joining us then send a message to NeoXIII who will give you some bank details to send payment to, and will grab you a ticket obvs :)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I'd definitely recommend booking in advance a discount ticket if you're under 26. Many organisations in France offer discounts for people aged 25 and under such as public transportation and museums.

They do ID Check, but they might accept a photocopy - though I have to ask thr park for confirmation.
Thanks, I'll look into it

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Right, can confirm I'm coming now, my trip is actually starting and ending in beauvais and will have a rental car from this wednesday until the 3rd June. I'll join you guys at walibi Belgium if that's cool? I'll be likely doing some sort of circuit around, likely hitting phantasialand, movie park and others prior to the cf trip and people are welcome to join me at any park. whereabouts are people staying on fri/sat/sun night?

What witchfinder says! I'll be ordering our tickets this Friday, so if you want to be in on this just let me know please. :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
The selected days for the Malin Ticket in July have been announced and, unfortunately, July 2nd is not eligible for discount.

That mean most of you guys will have to pick either the Futé Ticket (€41) which has to be booked at least a week in advance, or the more expensive Liberté Ticket (€48) which can be ordered at the last minute. I'll keep searching for some cheap deals on travel websites and will keep you up to date ;)

Reactions: Ian

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
There's also the 'Tribu Ticket' which saves a couple of Euros if people can organise themselves into groups of 5 or more. I assume most people are already in their own sub-groups so that might work for some people. :)

Peter

Hyper Poster
Just been looking to buy some Asterix tickets this evening and it appears that the 15-25 year old tickets are not valid on weekends, so that rules out that option!

Looks like the only reasonable option will be the standard online dated adult tickets for €4.

I'll let you know regarding walibi tickets, I'm still deciding where to go (I fly to paris beauvais tomorrow). The general idea I have is disney, then nigloland or wallygator, europa park, Holiday park (pick up season pass for discounts elsewhere), phantasialand, moviepark then maybe walibi holland or something else.

This may be a better question for the trip planning thread, but I'm considering a few alternatives. I'm not desperate for creds, and generally I prefer riding good coasters than going out of the way for a dragon wagon, boomerang, or wacky worm (sacrilege on here, I know). I've been to all the parks above before, except for Disney and Wallygator.

Is wallygator worth a visit? I've been on raptor at cedar point earlier this year, so not sure if it's worth visiting.

What about fraspertuis city, is it worth a visit? again, I've been on mumbo jumbo at flamingo land, so timber fall doesn't seem that special.

are any of the parks around the area in France worth visiting? st paul, bagatelle etc?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'll let you know regarding walibi tickets, I'm still deciding where to go (I fly to paris beauvais tomorrow).
OK, well I think we are buying ours on Friday this week so if you haven't decided by then you'll hav to pay the non-discounted price (it's only 6 EUR more though)
We will be at Walibi by midday on the Friday if you do want to join us - just PM one of us beforehand.

I'm not sure if any of our group have a space left in one of the rooms we've booked - I know I haven't but a couple of guys may have booked a twin room to themselves. So they'll chip in if they have a spare bed! :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I'll let you know regarding walibi tickets, I'm still deciding where to go (I fly to paris beauvais tomorrow). The general idea I have is disney, then nigloland or wallygator, europa park, Holiday park (pick up season pass for discounts elsewhere), phantasialand, moviepark then maybe walibi holland or something else.

This may be a better question for the trip planning thread, but I'm considering a few alternatives. I'm not desperate for creds, and generally I prefer riding good coasters than going out of the way for a dragon wagon, boomerang, or wacky worm (sacrilege on here, I know). I've been to all the parks above before, except for Disney and Wallygator.

Is wallygator worth a visit? I've been on raptor at cedar point earlier this year, so not sure if it's worth visiting.

What about fraspertuis city, is it worth a visit? again, I've been on mumbo jumbo at flamingo land, so timber fall doesn't seem that special.

are any of the parks around the area in France worth visiting? st paul, bagatelle etc?

Waligator is honestly a mundane park with only Monster standing out. Good thing is that this Raptor clone has had its MCBR removed so it goes through the second half really fast! Also, the lines are usually short so you're likely to be able to whore the coaster at will (not that there's much else to do there anyway). Other credits include a Wacky Worm (yes), a dull and shaky William Cobb woodie, and a forgettable old Vekoma looper. Short story: only visit if you want some marathon on an intense old-school B&M!

Fraispertuis is a very chaming place with a truly caring management and employee team on the other hand. They've added an Intamin Drop Tower with 4 positions (including Stand-Up and Stand-Up floorless) and a 20° tilt! It's not the tallest, but the great surrounding landscape and neat theming really helps. Timber Drop is not extremely thrilling, however it is arguably the best themed El Loco with its original tree trunks scenery.

My best advice if you have the money is to combine the to parks in one day. Both can be done in a few hours but Fraispertuis deserves a visit if you like a cute little park with a friendly staff. I covered both parks in a very recent TR if you want to know more ;)

http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/june-17-creds-in-europe-part-3-holiday-park.41179/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you haven't done already, please book your park tickets online so you can get the cheapest deal for Asterix. I've given up on Plopsa!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Too bad Plopsa didn't respond in the end. Oh well, gonna drop the link for cheaper tickets here again. It's German, but Google Translate should help with that!
https://www.travador.com/reise/ticket_plopsaland_de_panne_57664202?partnerid=416674

Also if people want to buy cheaper tickets for Asterix, you need to get them pretty much now, as their cheaper online rate only applies if you buy 7 days in advance! A bit daft in my opinion, but worth if you consider we're all getting the fast pass as well.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
IMPORTANT

I realise I made a huge mistake: under 25 tickets are only available for weekdays, and as such, well, the young ones have to pay €41 too.

I feel really stupid now.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Just booked my tickets for asterix, was a complete ball ache as i couldn't change it to English on mobile. Think I'm registered completely wrong with my name as Southampton address as 19/09/1993 and my DOB as Chris Brown. €41 is a bit steep too if any of the decent creds are shut im rioting.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Should've shopped at Tesco more... ;)

Too bad Plopsa didn't respond in the end. Oh well, gonna drop the link for cheaper tickets here again. It's German, but Google Translate should help with that!
https://www.travador.com/reise/ticket_plopsaland_de_panne_57664202?partnerid=416674
If anyone's bought from the above site and hasn't read the translation, it appears the Plopsa ticket gets sent on a separate email to the booking confirmation, and bizarrely only between 5 and 8pm! So if like me you bought it tonight and haven't got it yet, don't worry... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.