What's new

Plopsaland De Panne | Heidi The Ride | GCI wooden coaster

nadroJ

CF Legend
Looks really fab! Plopsa have really grown on me theming wise in the past few years, good to say they just seem to be getting better and better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, those lighting photos make it look so good! The FB photos reaffirm my trust in Plopsa after that vile sound guard.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This looks great with the lighting and theme is coming on nicely. At least the delay means it look like the area is gonna be pretty much complete when it finally opens up.

I really don't think that sound wall is gonna make much difference to the quality of the ride. It'll still be a fun wooden coaster for the family, and no extra garden fencing is going to have an effect on that.

davidm

Strata Poster
Just found this quote (from a link tweeted by IAAPA);
For example, Plopsaland De Panne in De Panne, Belgium, has a new virtual reality wooden roller coaster called “Heidi The Ride.” It reaches speeds of more than 43 mph.
:(

Mind you, it comes from a "Travel Trends 2017" article that also says;
Blackpool Pleasure Beach in Blackpool, Lancashire, England, introduces a double-launch roller coaster, “Walk The Big One,” which features 15 interactions and allows riders to experience the same levels of G-forces as felt by the driver of a Formula 1 car.
So perhaps a (large) pinch of salt should be taken!
Source : http://www.travelpulse.com/news/fea...-what-can-we-expect-from-amusement-parks.html

Bless them ; perhaps they were getting confused with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.bazookas.mobile.plopsaar&hl=en

Last edited:
Reactions: ECG

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^The only correct claim in that sentence appears to be that they got the approximate location of Djurs Sommerland correct. It is, indeed, in Nimtofte. But Nimtofte is not in "Demark", and the park is much bigger than 98 feet (or its target demographic is bigger than 49 people, depending on how you interpret the sentence). The quoted speed would make Djurs Sommerland the fastest park in the world.

It seems like they just a part of the sentence.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Station and queue theming looks a little bland, but the ride itself looks ridiculously fun in my opinion!

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm so glad that they spited the horrible 90 degree banking on the turnaround that White Lightning has. It's awful.

balrog

Mega Poster
I'm on the train coming back from plopsa. I loved Heidi. It is really punchy, really fun.the pacing is relentless and the airtimes are great and numerous.
The top of the double up and down, however, could have been a bit lower, and does not deliver any real airtime. Fortunately, all the other bumps do get you off your seat.