What's new

Plopsaland De Panne | Heidi The Ride | GCI wooden coaster

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Plopsaland De Panne | Heidi The Ride | GCI wooden coaste

You say 'worked', they've more just done it - we can't say if it's worked or not because we don't have the figures.

It's a gross way of doing it I hate it.

Lofty

CF Legend

Opening a ride and gaining extra income & press rather than waiting for the extra artistic elements to be complete? I'd say that's definitely 'worked' for them. Plus, they've had a lot of repeat custom online from people wanting to see before/after. This has been evident in enthusiasts as well as Trip Advisor type sites.

Ben

CF Legend

You can't say they've had extra income from opening it early though.

Like, you can't. You just don't know.

You have NO idea how it's affected their numbers and Trip Advisor doesn't show that. That's such a selective group of people.

None of us actually know how it's affected them because we're not their accountants that's my point.

'Waiting' and 'just being on schedule and doing more than one thing at once' are two different things.

They COULD have got the rides open for their original seasons fully themed, no doubt about it, that they've chosen not to is the park's own decision and no-one can say if that's worked from a business point of view because we're not in the business, we don't have the information.

It's like a restaurant knowingly serving you half a meal the first time knowing you'll come back to try it again, or a play kicking you out at the interval cause they know you'll buy another ticket - giving the guests half the intended experience to force them to come back is **** - and if it has 'worked' or not is something you don't know unless you've got a job in Germany and not told anyone.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The Wonder World page on Facebook have mentioned a 1st July opening.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I don't suppose anyone knows of this actually opened today as planned? Had a quick browse but couldn't find nowt...

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Was at Plopsaland yesterday amd it's almost ready. They're building a wooden fence along the car park side of the ride and along the drop, to help dull the noise a bit (it's a bit too loud for their liking and upsetting the locals apparently?). Progress was very slow though and they've got a lot to do. Will try and upload some photos later.

They've also taken the 'theme the ride next year' thing very literal - all signs for the ride are up but are clearly temporary, the queue line is just a cattlepen made from metal barrier, it's all very bare and concrete at the mo. But the coaster does look fun!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Grrr I'm on the ferry right now, was really hoping I wouldn't have to endure Bagatelle, but I think I may....

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

As it seems right now, it is very uncertain if Heidi: The Ride will open this summer or even this season. in a worst case scenario, it might be even possible that Plopsaland has to close down for unknown time.

Plopsaland is now operating without an enviromental permit, which had to be renewed before July 18th 2016. Plopsaland however didn't apply for a new enviromental permit and. If any of the parks locals goes to the municipality with a complaint about anything concerning Plopsaland, chances are Plopsaland has to remain closed for several weeks, untill there is a new enviromental permit. Till that time, Heidi won't open.

At this moment, everything that points to Heidi: The Ride on the website has been removed. Some even say the coaster won't open untill the beginning of next season.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

KristofWB said:
As it seems right now, it is very uncertain if Heidi: The Ride will open this summer or even this season. in a worst case scenario, it might be even possible that Plopsaland has to close down for unknown time.

Plopsaland is now operating without an enviromental permit, which had to be renewed before July 18th 2016. Plopsaland however didn't apply for a new enviromental permit and. If any of the parks locals goes to the municipality with a complaint about anything concerning Plopsaland, chances are Plopsaland has to remain closed for several weeks, untill there is a new enviromental permit. Till that time, Heidi won't open.

At this moment, everything that points to Heidi: The Ride on the website has been removed. Some even say the coaster won't open untill the beginning of next season.
It's not April Fool's Day is it?

How on Earth can a big park like Plopsa De Panne, part of a big chain, forget to renew a permit? Surely this is what they retain lawyers for?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

[tweet]http://twitter.com/coastertouring/status/757944769624547328[/tweet]

I consider Marcus to be a trustworthy source.

peep

CF Legend

I got the impression he contacted the park after the recent news and that was their response. Looopings seemed to be hinting a few days back that this could be the case.

While sad, this does mean they can complete the theming before they open the ride.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Confirmed by Plopsa today: Heidi will open during easter 2017!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
In an attempt to combat noise pollution they have built a long wooden fence along one side of the coaster.
111216plop1.jpg

111216plop2.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
People buying themselves cheap land/house tucked between the railway track and an amusement park and then complain about noise are just gross...

Will

Strata Poster
My immediate reaction is that calling that an eyesore would be an understatement, and maybe I'm being stupid, but I wouldn't have thought that would actually reduce noise all that much.

On the plus side, it shouldn't spoil the view nearly as much once you're inside the park, plus it suggests we're one step closer to finally having the bloody thing open :)