What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

OliverL.

Roller Poster
So maybe it was only my misunderstanding how Phantasialand was going to handle it with the disinfection of the harnesses and the trains.

but I thought that when the train is arriving in the Station that the employees are going to disinfect everything that has been touched , like quickly running through the seats and disinfect the harnesses.

But this was not the case when I was standing in the Station for Back mamba yesterday , The train was arriving in the station ,the people were going off it and immediately the gates were opened and the next people are sitting in it and touching the harnessesand .
Phantasialand was still trying to have max capacity on the coaster.

And I know they have hand sanitizer at any exits of all coaster , but only a few people was using it.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I think disinfectants need time to disinfect, some at least 30 seconds. Disinfect every handle would simply cost too much time. Just wiping off the handles would not kill the virus and give people a false sense of security. Disinfecting your hands after every ride would be the better option I guess.

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
So maybe it was only my misunderstanding how Phantasialand was going to handle it with the disinfection of the harnesses and the trains.

but I thought that when the train is arriving in the Station that the employees are going to disinfect everything that has been touched , like quickly running through the seats and disinfect the harnesses.

But this was not the case when I was standing in the Station for Back mamba yesterday , The train was arriving in the station ,the people were going off it and immediately the gates were opened and the next people are sitting in it and touching the harnessesand .
Phantasialand was still trying to have max capacity on the coaster.

And I know they have hand sanitizer at any exits of all coaster , but only a few people was using it.

If you want to avoid all risks you shouldn't visit a theme park imo

simon3993

Roller Poster
All new updated at season start. At the first minutes you can the some footage of Rookburgh and the new Hotel Charles Lindbergh. It´s in german language but the pictures says more than thausend words =)

In the first part, you can see some Footages of the new hotel Charles Lindbergh and rookburgh, but
a picture paints a thousand words.

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
Yesterday, I have spotted a new Sign in Rookburgh. It was huge and with golden letters. But sadly, I couldn´t read the entire sign. It was too far away and not completely visible. You can see this from the third lift hill of Colorado Adventures!

Martini

Roller Poster
Yesterday, I have spotted a new Sign in Rookburgh. It was huge and with golden letters. But sadly, I couldn´t read the entire sign. It was too far away and not completely visible. You can see this from the third lift hill of Colorado Adventures!
Can you Post the photo, Presse??

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
To further the discussion surrounding the opening of Rookburgh. Chris Theis, executive assistant in Phantasialand, is co-host of the Bleib Neugierig podcast and in the latest episode today he does hesitantly address the situation.

T - You said when the park reopens we can then talk again about the opening of Rookburgh & F.L.Y.. What's the latest?

C - Do we have any other questions? (laughs) Yeah... I would say we will talk about it again when some more time has past with the park reopening under the current measures.
So maybe we will talk about it again when ... (sighs) ... when ... maybe when we don't need to wear masks at work anymore.

Of course as previously discussed we don't know when work will be finished. It was to be completed and open this month and depsite work having continued throughout the lockdown did slow and delay things. Tripsdrill's project was due to open in Spring and likely won't open until late June now (no date has been confirmed though). Europa Park's Batavia was set to open late June and will now be opening end of July hopefully.

Seemingly though the park are not in a rush to open it as soon as it is completed. Firstly from the podcast episodes recently you can hear how busy and preoccupied management have been and still are dealing with the reopening and monitoring and adapting the safety measures. Secondly it sounds as if they want more normality to return before opening it up. I'd guess they want people to enjoy it as (or as close as possible) it was intended.

It doesn't rule out this year just yet. We obviously don't know how the virus will develop and what the coming months will bring if a second wave comes later in the year you can forget about it until 2021. But as things currently stand the ban on mass gatherings ends 31. August in Germany. So I'd say at the earliest a September opening could be feasible. With Wintertraum that'd still give them a decent run before summer season 2021 and all the additional income from the hotel (which lets be honest for the business is the more important part of this project).
For instance if September did work out and the construction delay was only, like Batavia in EP, a month taking you until end of July that would only be 1 month it would need to be mothballed.

So its a lets and wait see approach from the park seemingly. Although of course important to keep in mind this is not an official park statement.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Off topic, but does anyone know anything about the parks Intamin Zac Spin, Wuzeball?

Has anyone here seen it or ridden it? It’s one of the Phantasialand rumours that has always interested and confused me.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Secondly it sounds as if they want more normality to return before opening it up. I'd guess they want people to enjoy it as (or as close as possible) it was intended.
Just quoting this so I can boost about how I was correct after all :)

Off topic, but does anyone know anything about the parks Intamin Zac Spin, Wuzeball?

Has anyone here seen it or ridden it? It’s one of the Phantasialand rumours that has always interested and confused me.
Yeah it's there, but you have to perform a forbidden ritual to for it to appear. DM me for instructions.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Was that not a joke marker someone put on google maps?

Search twitter, couple of people saying it doesn't exist as well. Not sure how or why they would randomly hide a cred.

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
Not sure how or why they would randomly hide a cred.

To surprise a group of enthusiasts on a random visit, just after lunch and the question time.
There would of course be that one person very cross that it messed up their milestone in the next couple of days who throws their spreadsheet onto the ground and it shatters everywhere making a mess and insulting the hosts. This is why we can't have nice things.