What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

cookie

Giga Poster
I don't see the main entrance disappearing since there'd be no way to enter the park under normal conditions from that end otherwise.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I don't see the main entrance disappearing since there'd be no way to enter the park under normal conditions from that end otherwise.
Phantasialand's expansion proposals for the land opposite included a massive multi storey car park to serve, this between the other resort offerings planned for that side, alarger new entrance would be built on the other side of the road and presumably connect via tunnel under the current entrance location. Park obviously still are hoping for this hence but with no signs of movement from the regional government on giving permission for the expansion who knows when, or if even, it will happen.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Phantasialand's expansion proposals for the land opposite included a massive multi storey car park to serve, this between the other resort offerings planned for that side, alarger new entrance would be built on the other side of the road and presumably connect via tunnel under the current entrance location. Park obviously still are hoping for this hence but with no signs of movement from the regional government on giving permission for the expansion who knows when, or if even, it will happen.

But I still hope that one day the farmers want to sell the Mystery & China parking lots. This is where they should build the multi storey car park and at this side they should make the main entrance on the plot of land they already own behind the Kaiserplatz (the land which has the size of the Klugheim plant wall).

Otherwise they would never have the opportunity to expand as much they could expand in the known "triangle" opposite the Berggeiststraße... Yes, that's the big issue with the local government, but if it would be allowed one day that this is the expansion area then it would be very stupid if they make that car park over here.
Because at the current car parks they can't expand as much as on the triangle, certainly not with that difficult neighbors next door...

Another solution would be that they can buy a plot of land opposite the highway to create a large multi storey car park which they connect with a monorail. Just to say f**k you to the farmers that don't want to sell. :D

PhantaDad2017

Roller Poster
The proportions of the hotel look much better now, without the fence, but it's still way too bulky and bleak. So I expect more details to come.

On the other side, I'm really happy that they announce to fix Crazy Bats, hopefully meaning: the conveyor belt and automatic sanitation of the VR glasses, as well as enough glasses with sufficient battery power. I know that VR is controversial, but basically I like Crazy Bats, as a simple, but effective refurbishment of the coaster.Their original intention was to create something, without all the hassles, which plague most VR coasters.

PhantaDad2017

Roller Poster
Another solution would be that they can buy a plot of land opposite the highway to create a large multi storey car park which they connect with a monorail. Just to say f**k you to the farmers that don't want to sell. :D

It would also be awesome if they could build right over the autobahn, either parking or attractions. This wouldn't consume more space from nature, especially no reserves, would actually reduce noise for neighbours. But it would be more costly, to have tunnel security measures, access for construction works and everything, and they have to get along with the province and federal authorities.

I remember a newspaper article, that the parking lot owners neither want to sell, nor construct parking buildings on the areas themselves. Instead, they said they want to preserve the appearance of the landscape, as one of meadows and orchards.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
It would also be awesome if they could build right over the autobahn, either parking or attractions. This wouldn't consume more space from nature, especially no reserves, would actually reduce noise for neighbours. But it would be more costly, to have tunnel security measures, access for construction works and everything, and they have to get along with the province and federal authorities.

I remember a newspaper article, that the parking lot owners neither want to sell, nor construct parking buildings on the areas themselves. Instead, they said they want to preserve the appearance of the landscape, as one of meadows and orchards.

Yeah, that could be a solution. But to me it's just still hilarious that the 'triangle' is such an important part of the reserve in between those 3 roads. On this triangle the nature is already separated from the rest by the roads, which is not the case with the nature outside this triangle (at the other side of the autobahn and Phantasialandstraße). So the local government should sacrifice this area and grant Phantasialand an expansion.

*But yes, this is and remains a ridiculous game at 'higher' level where preschool children decide...*

?;)

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
PHL-Marcus on PhantaFriends.de has drawn up an updated version of the hotel layout.
hotel.png.61d4de3696cd3d8aff67810eb5635298.png

Orange - Everyone's favourite talking point, the famous rusty entrance portal
Yellow - The connecting pathways/bridges for hotel guests.
Green - Lobby/reception with Hotel Room Tower 3 on top
Purple - The other 4 hotel room tower blocks.

The curved end of Tower 4 is the roof top viewing platform, as seen the Rookburgh trailer released a couple of months back - directly beside the coaster's 2 launches.
Underneath Tower 1 & 2 is expected to be Bar 1919, and beside them the Uhrwerk restaurant.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Strong winds today blew open the tarpaulins across the hotel entrance gateway giving a sneak look inside at the hotel rooms and coaster interaction...
Screenshot_20200216-212751_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200216-212610_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200216-212554_YouTube.jpg

Source

EDIT: Tues 18th - don't want to triple post so I'll add this here. Last night 2 Zeppelin theming elements where delivered to Rookburgh.
IMG_20200218_060942.jpg.ad16ebcceac2a4586039cfa03304dc8b.jpg

IMG_20200218_060940.jpg.d04bf3cea5c160ba15111ea3d2eee0fa.jpg

From PhantaFriends.de

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I have been saying for months that a Zeppelin would come anyway. Many did not think so and laughed with it. Now I just laugh back: hahaha. :p

The question is: where do they come?
One place seems to be certain: there are fixings on top of FLY's entrance building against the factory wall in front of Tor 1. On this side the coaster is low and there is another building opposite the entrance building to which the other end can be attached.

That the other Zeppelin will be hanging somewhere between the hotel blocks would not surprise me either. The space between the block (3) in the middle and block 4 next to the office building gives the necessary space to get a Zeppelin in between. How cool would this be if there is a Zeppelin outside, along FLY, in front of your room. :D

The first place with the fixings on top of FLY's entrance building is the blue line connecting the 2 green circles. These two circles are the buildings to which the Zeppelin will get attached (the building opposite the entrance building isn't on this picture yet).

The other green circle in the corner upper-left is the space I mean where the second Zeppelin could come.

Then we still have in yellow the mysterious installation. I was right with the Zeppelin so I am now guessing that the installation is for a hot-air balloon because they are often on the concept-arts. Let me hope I'm right again. Haha. :p

IMG_20200218_132014.jpg

Last edited: