What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my! This looks like it could be the Taron of flying coasters! And dare I say it; this could even be people's favourite flying coaster in the world!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some things I've spotted in recent site pictures from this week:
- The 1st Launch was been wired up, with large cables running up a support and along the top of the launch track.
- The lift building at the very back has been largely themed with red bricks and has these two small roofs on top.
- The concrete pillars/footers carrying the 1st launch and other track parts in that same area have been brick themed, and by the looks of the it so has the wall behind them in that currently open "hole"/underground space in the middle of the area.
- Scaffolding is now up over the rest of the sound barrier wall towards Berlin for UR to start with their framework for theming.
- The hotel structure seems to definitely be forming - in between the two concrete walls is the large room (which Tobi previously speculated could be a breakfast room/hotel restaurant. It also has a smaller upper level - extra sitting area? A bar?)
Then on the left of the picture you can see the lift shaft and stairwell rising up. The gap in between presumably being where a large number of the rooms will be stacked up (should be a nice view of the launches).
Screenshot_20190405-193840_Gallery.jpg

Also in the bottom right they seem to be working on new concrete walls in the midst of that cluster of supports and the turnaround out of what will be the drop after the 2nd launch. Given its proximity and that the angle of the side wall appears to be pointing towards the lift and stairs of the hotel, I think this could be the smaller hotel building/tower depicted in the concept art and it will be connected by bridge to the main body of the hotel:
Screenshot_20181221-000734_Gallery.jpg

And just for fun, but also to see the size of the track compared to a person, here's a couple of pictures from @Micrajojo on Twitter with the track pieces in the car park.:D
IMG-20190405-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190405-WA0011.jpg

Do people actually live there in the house on the left?
Yes people do and they will not sell the house therefore the park couldn't also use that land. There used to be more 2 more houses beside but the park managed to buy them and they were demolished to make more space for Rookburgh.
But who knows maybe they'll be successful in getting it the future; would open up that small triangle of land between Rookburgh and Wuze Town for some kind of small development.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I love it, imagine being that bitter and refusing to sell. I mean, it's a pretty terrible place to live, must be so dark between all those tall buildings.

I'm sorry, usually I'm not that keen on defending Phantasialand's neigbours, but here I have to make an exception. In that house lives a very old woman (approaching her 90s) and the park has agreed upon with the family that it would be absolutely unreasonable to ask her to move to a different place at this age. The park and the family are communicating on a regular basis and from the looks of it, that house is going to be adjaced to the hotel-part of Rookbourgh, so making use of that space a few years after everything is finished will be doable at least.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm sorry, usually I'm not that keen on defending Phantasialand's neigbours, but here I have to make an exception. In that house lives a very old woman (approaching her 90s) and the park has agreed upon with the family that it would be absolutely unreasonable to ask her to move to a different place at this age. The park and the family are communicating on a regular basis and from the looks of it, that house is going to be adjaced to the hotel-part of Rookbourgh, so making use of that space a few years after everything is finished will be doable at least.
Wow, I knew you had a bad sense of humour but this is still surprising haha. I was obviously being hyperbolic and sarcastic? I don't know, or particularly care who lives in the house. Besides, like I said in my post, it must be so dark in that house anyway.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Wow, I knew you had a bad sense of humour but this is still surprising haha. I was obviously being hyperbolic and sarcastic? I don't know, or particularly care who lives in the house. Besides, like I said in my post, it must be so dark in that house anyway.

I mean, there are some people who are actually as bitter as you describe it. I've talked to some of them in person before. So, from my perspective it came across as a pretty weird thing to say, but that's my bad.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Oh wow, that is a very unique situation. That means that there will be a rollercoaster running just 15 meters from your house day in day out.
The paintings will fall from the wall when a train passes by... :confused:
Where else do you see that?

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
Is the track after the second launch already in place? Very curious about this corner next to the street as it seems to be going a tight one...

Ethan

Strata Poster
something like this wil be the final result i guess
This is proof that only NL2 should be used for layout mockups ;) Jk, it's a good image to see what it might look like, it's just a shame that Planet Coaster isn't very good for accurate track profiling.

Last edited:

Wartreck

Roller Poster
Hi i was in the Phantasialand today and the work was going on with Fly all the day - New Theming appears on the Wall to MoC.

AND: a Drone was Filming all this - so we will probaly see medai content from PHL "Making of..."

TARON WAS ALL DAY DOWN :(

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0844.jpeg
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 155

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some additional views of the new theming elements from PhantaFriends.de user Jaybee.

As for the filming; there's been many drone spotted over the site and MRRC even reported a long time ago seeing a camera team with PHL jackets filming at the Vekoma Factory prototype test set up - so they are definitely documenting it. When or how we will get to see it all is the question. Probably not any time soon sadly if they don't want to detract from the marketing push for this spring and summer :(