What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
Charly its a trackpiece for in the station, see the mounting location, so this goes on its side 45 degr counterclockwise.

a16f7a34bcedd4ece7cda807521a1cdf.png

BTW those white "funny fins" at the bottom right are the LSM stators ;) Besides Fly/Friction wheels being more common in general as an in-station-drive it would make absolutely no sense having them there in a 90 degree sitting orientation (and not 45 like you mentioned).

Skip6788

Roller Poster
I still feel a second, full stretch launch is coming through the cuved columns/standings. Beginning at the lift , turning into flying position and launched on the fly across Rookburg into some kind of a top hat and returning into the organised spaghetti mess of track. At least...I hope for that!:D:cool:

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
I still feel a second, full stretch launch is coming through the cuved columns/standings. Beginning at the lift , turning into flying position and launched on the fly across Rookburg into some kind of a top hat and returning into the organised spaghetti mess of track. At least...I hope for that!:D:cool:

That would be epic! :D.. is there space for a second launch though? :confused:

streetmagix

Mega Poster
BTW those white "funny fins" at the bottom right are the LSM stators ;) Besides Fly/Friction wheels being more common in general as an in-station-drive it would make absolutely no sense having them there in a 90 degree sitting orientation (and not 45 like you mentioned).

Interestingly enough, Battlestar Galactica at USS (also Vekoma) does use LSMs to move the trains in the platform. As far as I can tell there are no drive wheels used when in normal operation, only in the maintenance shed. Whilst it's a more expensive solution it does mean fewer moving parts.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Yes sorry my mistake 45 / 90 degrees.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The new wall structure is growing fast. Its now pretty much across the entire roof of the concrete building below.
20180907_173904.jpg

20180907_133200.jpg

The wall is also quite close now to the steel towers wall along the side of Wuze Town. I imagine they'll be connecting them soon - then the sound barrier will be complete with the exception of the gap between the new wall and Maus au Chocolat.

Now work has started to complete the sound barrier wall towards Maus au Chocolat with construction beginning on a new wall.
790764AD-49EB-4E7E-B631-22916D8B4051.jpg

Picture from today posted on CoasterFriends.de by user Wartreck.

Beside it the first bits of framework for theming from Universal Rocks have appeared on the new wall built last week.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
On the Facebook group Achterbahn Fans Deutschland Christoph Sauer has posted this picture from this morning showing Vekoma track parts on the back of a lorry near Mönchengladbach.
FB_IMG_1537184775405.jpg

These parts are from the top of the lift of the test set up at Vlodrop last year, which is at the start of F.L.Y.'s layout.
Screenshot_20180917-132225_Gallery.jpg

What caught my eye though is that each track part has an unusual end. The one on the right has curved connectors which match up to the track of the lift.
20180917_130750.jpg

The one on the left, which will go out towards the cannon like structure at the start of the coaster's layout, however has rectangular connectors - just like the launch track parts.
Screenshot_20180917-130621_Gallery.jpg

Evidence I think for the theory that there will be a two launches.
F.L.Y. must start then with a launch out of that cannon into the Rookburgh area. The large curved launch recently seen in pictures is mid way through the layout.

Last edited:

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
It is most likely that it will get 2 launches!
How will it beat 1124 meters of track, without going very high with a chainlift, or getting a 100+km/h launch?
If it will get a 100 km/h fast launch, you maybe need bigger curves than it now has.
For example, flying dinousaur has a way wider layout than FLY. In this current layout, 100 km/h is maybe too fast. Because you will maybe get too many g's.
So it's possible that uses 2 launches of 70 km/h instead of one of 100km/h. (that is the speed of Flying Dinosaur)

HookahMan

Roller Poster
On the Facebook group Achterbahn Fans Deutschland Christoph Sauer has posted this picture from this morning showing Vekoma track parts on the back of a lorry near Mönchengladbach.
FB_IMG_1537184775405.jpg

F.L.Y. must start then with a launch out of that cannon into the Rookburgh area. The large curved launch recently seen in pictures is mid way through the layout.

a16f7a34bcedd4ece7cda807521a1cdf.png

Maybe this launch part, we speculated before? :)

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
How will it beat 1124 meters of track, without going very high with a chainlift, or getting a 100+km/h launch?
If it will get a 100 km/h fast launch, you maybe need bigger curves than it now has.
For example, flying dinousaur has a way wider layout than FLY. In this current layout, 100 km/h is maybe too fast. Because you will maybe get too many g's.
So it's possible that uses 2 launches of 70 km/h instead of one of 100km/h. (that is the speed of Flying Dinosaur)
2 launches would be awesome ! I'm so hyped for this! :)

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
It could be, or the coaster could have 300m of darkride :p

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From coasterfriends.de. The track from the lorry this morning being lowered into the site.
9535012d1537204864-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-20180917_162459.jpg

You can also see that the new sound wall has grown.
9535018d1537207642-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-20180917_162426.jpg

From what I've read on social media a few lorries made deliveries today.

EDIT: Also from CoasterFriends.de

9535014d1537207316-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-img_5445.jpg

At work on the theming of the wall.
9535021d1537208202-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-img_5460.jpg

9535022d1537208202-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-img_5461.jpg

The delivery of the top of the lift was followed by this LSM track. And with that we have 2 launches confirmed. F.L.Y. will be a multi launch coaster.

9535023d1537209612-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-img_5441.jpg

Theming progress on the Berlin side of the site.

Last edited: