What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I know. But that's still a very small plot of land.
The site is said to be around the same size as Klugheim which fits both Taron and Raik. Plus they've dug quite a bit so that gives them more space.
21457419_1567751616624284_880966470245245963_o.jpg

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Good park map! Also shows Rookburgh seems slightly larger than the Deep in Africa/Black Mamba zone (Matamba excluded).

I wonder what Tobi is up to nowadays. I remember seeing his very accurate NL2 recreation of Taron as it was being constructed. Is Phanta as strict about NL2 reproductions as with the unauthorized photography?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
No the park praised him for his model and he starred in the opening evening Live Stream as they gave him front row on the first trains of both Taron and Raik. He has provided a few written Rookburgh updates on PhantaFriends.de however no new model. Maybe he is too busy or given how difficult it is to see the site he couldn't accurately recreate it? Dunno. I live in hope he returns to it someday.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From PhantaFriends.de.
These metal structures have been erected along the side of the site behind the Berlin street buildings today. It seems between Rookburgh and the Berlin buildings the park are keeping a backstage laneway for vehicles.
_20170910_161343.thumb.JPG.7eeafc8c7f8bca3b58559ab1daaec7ca.JPG

As with the corner at the admin buildings, as seen in the picture below from 19th August, this looks to be structures for themed sound proof walls/facades.
a4dbd92cd061cee1bb9b44d05d0aa84b.jpg

The completed the structures look just like the walls used in Klugheim.
DSC04769.thumb.JPG.971e7d1c91114862e59437fbbcd10527.JPG.2bb1c29307a54d04816c4d5a5b295c61.JPG

This also confirms as with Klugheim large parts of the coaster will be outside, despite initial assumptions by some people that the ride would be mostly indoors.
They have also this week made more progress with the concrete foundations and walls for the station and footers.
Given the tracks in mrrc's latest update are ready to ship I pressume the station and launch will soon be going vertical.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This also confirms as with Klugheim large parts of the coaster will be outside, despite initial assumptions by some people that the ride would be mostly indoors.
Apologies if I'm missing something, but how does that confirm it? Surely that could just be a structure for a full building, not just a wall?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Apologies if I'm missing something, but how does that confirm it? Surely that could just be a structure for a full building, not just a wall?
The completed part of the structure alongside the side of the site is identical to those used in Klugheim. Supports for a building would be rather different to support the extra weight from having a roof, and wouldn't be structured like that. Also that corner is surrounded by buildings (Maus, Tartuff + admin buildings) not much would be won by enclosing the track there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wonder if it's meant to be bent like that, or if that's just its self-weight...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Universal Rocks, the company who do Phantasialand's rockwork, have arrived on site and started erecting their scaffolding/framework for concrete spraying on the walls discussed in the previous post.
This Klugheim behind the scenes video explains the process.
Will be interesting to see whether it is a rockwork facade or buildings facade. Hoping for the latter there's enough rockwork/fake mountains in PHL.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I guess we can expect a combination of rocks (which is actually strange in this theme) and buildings, just like they did in Klugheim. I regret that they don't demolish the old office building and make the area bigger but it has no impact on my expectations of how fantastic Rookburgh will be. I'm pretty sure that they'll build a second attraction for the whole family. I guess they'll do refreshments and add new decorations to the Fantasy area as well, just like they did with River Quest in Mystery. After this improvement is also this area of the park as detailed as the other areas.

I hope they will give the main entrance a big refreshment after this project and that we can expect a lane to this entrance. I wanna see the other entrances closing and just walk in through a beautiful Berlin themed entrance building to the mainstreet so this part of the park is more being used. Then they can build something new in place of the "old" entrance in Chinatown. They could replace Fenju Palace by a new version and build it on the entrance site. Then they have the possibility to separate the Mystery and China area in a good way.

Does someone know if the separation (i'm talking about the wooden wall) between Klugheim and Mexico (the side of the station of Chiapas) is temporary? I hope they'll build a little rockwall there (they could theme that rockwall on each side in the theming of each area).

I'm just thinking of good improvements and I hope that some of them will happen.

[Sorry for my bad English]