What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Will a wall separate the ride from the road or will you be able to see the road while riding? Really hoping for something to keep the riders immersed in the theming...
Edit: I meant: what will separate the ride from the road, a wall or buildings?

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Will a wall separate the ride from the road or will you be able to see the road while riding? Really hoping for something to keep the riders immersed in the theming...
I hope your reaction is not serious... :D

Phantasialand is known for immersive themed areas. At Black Mamba they also nicely separated the ride from the street by theming. You don't see the street there during the ride so that will be the same with F.L.Y.
Phantasialand is the park that is known for unique, detailed themed areas with top attractions that make you forget reality. So yeah of course theming will separate the coaster from the street. :)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It was actually posted on PhantaFriends yesterday that preparation work along the edge of the pit there/top of the bored piles for narrow concrete foundations has started. So the facade along the streetside could be starting to rise quite soon - then our only view point into the construction site will be gone...:eek:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I wonder if the side of the (yet to be built) wall facing the road will be themed or decorated/painted at all. I always thought the bricks on the outside of Mamba's immelman were kinda ugly tbh. Saying that, the entire entrance area is pretty gross so I guess it fits.

roff

Roller Poster
Phantasialand never seemed to care about theming the "outside", the metal sheet backside of Klugheim is also prominently visible from the Mystery parking lot.
But let's wait and see.. since the hotel entrancance will be in that area they might want to make it look nice.

UP87

Mega Poster
A friend just sent me a picture from the park. I think we didn't have that perspective too often.

@Ethan There is not too much building :p
IMG-20190405-113453.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
I know it's just perspective, but in that last photo it looks like it'll be turning over the road. Seriously can't wait for this.