What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Although I do not think Phantasialand doesn't have a program I want to defend Brian a bit. I Ifeel like any time Brian says anything it is immediately ridiculed without consideration, just because it's Brian.
I do not think Brian has any bad intentions with his commentary and I believe he has a source for his claims. As long as we do not have a source we should both consider the claims fairly as well as being critical of its worth.
But most importantly, stop 'bullying' Brian or any other member of the coaster community. We all love rollercoasters and it would be a shame if we excluded anyone from interacting with others with the same interests.
Spread the love <3

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm all for "spreading the love" but I'm also all for not promoting wrong information. So I think it's mostly fair game at this point, especially after posts such as:

I am just someone who knows almost everything about rollercoasters, and I get so every now and then some inside information.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I find it insane how someone can believe they could even rush a project like this if they wanted to. How? Dig a hole, throw some concrete and track in and hope it assembles itself as a multi layer compact themed area and hotel intertwined with a coaster? I agree with Yoris of course no one should be unfairly ridiculed; but seriously how many times now do people need to explain to Brian the basics of construction projects and that most of his statements are impossible or misinformed?

Are Disney also just being lackadaisical with it taking them 4 years to build Vekoma's Guardians and Tron?

And no we would not have "already ridden the coaster". Even without the groundwork delays, it would be impossible to have finished such a project for last year.
It's a fair assumption that Rookburgh was intended for Summer 2019 since they appear to have a 3 year major investment cycle recently: Chiapas was planned for Summer 2013 and Klugheim opened Summer 2016.
But clearly that won't be happening now; while of course disappointed I highly doubt Phantasialand, Vekoma or anyone else involved is raging ("finally picking up more track!") after all they understand that delays happen in construction projects and it won't change how the thing is built. It'll will open when its finished (and that's a direct quote from the park themselves!)
Yeah we'd all love to ride it as soon as possible, but patience is needed (seemingly Brian is most in need of it) and hopefully it will be worth the wait whether it opens this Autumn or Winter or April 2020.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Anyone got any updates on that wall?
There's another corporate buy out day this Sunday and then the park reopens for the 2019 season on Monday so if we are lucky we'll soon we will soon have regular wall updates once again! (and maybe even updates on a flying coaster too)

pvnks

Mega Poster
Everything I said on this forum turned out to be true, so I dont get it why you are still hating. I did not even mention the fact that they are not rushing the build in the previous post. Which turned out to be true, otherwise we would already have ridden the coaster. I said that 1.5 year ago...
But keep hating on me lmao
Can I have the lottery numbers for next week please, Brian?

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
In the year of the opening of klugheim, "klugheim" was mentioned on the parkmap at the start of summerseason. Now they have put the names of the area "rookburgh" on the map but also the logo of the hotel and fly. Can we conclude that fly will be the only attraction in this area?

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
It's funny to see that all the people who hated on me, have phantasialand as their favourite park.
I am not hating on anything. I am just telling you guys what is going. If you don't like to read that, doesn't mean that you can start hating on me.
I told you guys months and months ago, that they are not building it like every ohter park does in terms of pace.

What happend in the past months? Exactly, nothing. When did they start doing stuff in the area? Summer 2017? They are not going to finish it this year. So it will take about 3 years to build this coaster.

For example, the worlds most expensive and biggest rollercoaster project in history, also made by the great Dutchmans of Vekoma, Expedition Everest, took also 3 years to build.
Fly which is in length a bit shorter, but is in terms of construction size twice as smal, will most likely take 3 years to build.
We also have to keep in mind that the build of Expedition Everest started in 2003. So the building techniques were also more primitive than techniques nowadays.

I dont want to make judgment or anything, but I think, that we can consider that the building pace of this project, is a bit below average. ((Which I told you months ago.))
Oh, and kenny, my darling, I am not impatient. (Most likely I wont ride this coaster on opening day, its way too crowded). Don't forget to post another silly hate comment! Everyone loves that. :p Than we have at least something fun to watch at.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Brian, despite defending you, you should also know when to just stfu.
Can we just get a mod in here to remove any comments not about FLY or wall construction? (Including this one)

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mod here - not removing anything.

The programme and how long they've got left is directly relevant to this project, and is part of the history of this thread.

That said, this is now stalling everything in this thread, so move on please.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
To the casual observer though, ie someone like me, who isn't really that arsed about this project, and only pops in to this thread occasionally to see if a POV has turned up yet, it certainly looks as though Phantasialand don't have a schedule. I'm like; 'Man, are they still working on that f***ing wall??'
And then they go and say things like 'It'll open when it's finished'.
And I'm like; 'Fuxake Fritz, bollocks to the wall, just build the damn ride already!'
So yeah.
I'm with Brian.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Phantasialand are masters at psychological warfare on us coasterfans, they are driving us all into a metaphorical wall the longer we wait for Rookburgh and F.L.Y. to open.

UP87

Mega Poster
What happend in the past months? Exactly, nothing.
That's quite wrong. A lot of things happened in the last few months. And that's only what we see. There is already a lot of indoor space where other things are quite certainly happening, as well. The thing is: The area is really tight. They have to do a lot of work on the ground and in future tunnels before they can work on higher levels. But still there is work on theming and several new track pieces were added to the coaster.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
For example, the worlds most expensive and biggest rollercoaster project in history, also made by the great Dutchmans of Vekoma, Expedition Everest, took also 3 years to build.
Fly which is in length a bit shorter, but is in terms of construction size twice as smal, will most likely take 3 years to build.
We also have to keep in mind that the build of Expedition Everest started in 2003. So the building techniques were also more primitive than techniques nowadays.

Surely though, the smaller construction site makes things more difficult? On a site twice the size, say, you could do two things at once: one at one end, one at the other. Half that size (say, fold it in two for argument sake), you're overlapping, making it more difficult and slowing things down.

Rookburgh looks to be quite a layered area, so you have to do the stuff at the bottom before you can work you're way up.