What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I'd be surprised to see this open before the Autumn, to be honest.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I have a feeling it might open after the peak season, that's if they finish the actual coaster soon. But obviously this is my completely uninformed guess, and we don't even know how big and detailed the buildings will be, so who knows.

I do wonder how dense this area will be. Because this coaster is so compact I imagine it'll be a struggle to fit buildings in the centre of the coaster, but it would look weird if they didn't. I imagine Rookburgh being very closed in with tall buildings all arounds, and a coaster squeezing in above and below you, but the space is sooo tight! Then again we've seen what Phantasialand have done before so it's clear they're good at cramming.

I just hope they start releasing more information soon because the hype train feels low on coal atm. I haven't seen any Mission Offseason videos this year either, except for the one about the rockwork in Africa?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
With so many unknown variables its pretty impossible for us to accurately speculate an opening time. Track should be finished soon considering the final footers are being finished, Barth crane has returned and they've a car park full of track and supports. However that's only one part of the puzzle.
There's all the theming - both sides of the sound barrier along Maus, within the area itself. How many more buildings or structures will form inside the area? How much will be done by Universal Rocks and how much could be prefabricated items? There's the Uhrwerk restaurant. Who knows what else there might be.
Other than foundations the hotel doesn't exist yet. Will the rooms and exterior theming be prefab as speculated, but then how long will it take to install those and how many will there be?
How long will testing for F.L.Y. take? Considering its a complete prototype there's obviously the risk of technical difficulties.

As things progress in the coming months and testing begins things should start to get clearer. Whether we are looking at a Autumn or Winter 2019 opening or will it be the start of the new season in April 2020. They won't open until everything is done (area, coaster + hotel) it is after all being teased as a package and with unique interplay of all these elements.

Also it seems for the first time ever Rookburgh is being teased/marketed on the park maps for 2019. It was on the maps given out to those at the Netto Corporate buy out day yesterday.
FB_IMG_1553515299844.jpg

Screenshot_20190325-120154_Facebook.jpg

Source

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Interesting! I'm fairly certain Klugheim wasn't mentioned on the 2015 map - were the likes of Chiapas mentioned on the 2012 map (since it was planned for a 2013 opening)? Or Maus mentioned on any previous map incarnations?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Interesting! I'm fairly certain Klugheim wasn't mentioned on the 2015 map - were the likes of Chiapas mentioned on the 2012 map (since it was planned for a 2013 opening)? Or Maus mentioned on any previous map incarnations?
Hmm I don't remember seeing Klugheim on the map during my late 2015 visit. Sadly it seems I don't have my park map anymore. I'm just sad that they're using that awful logo </3

Edit- Just went on Wayback Machine to see the website in 2015. You were right @JoshC. there's no Klugheim to be seen, so it's odd that Rookburgh is on the 2019 map. Might not mean anything though I guess. Here's a screenshot...

WTq1GB3.jpg

Last edited:

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
This map gives you false hope guys. If phl decided to build twice as fast as they did in the previous years , they still cant make it this year. As @CSLKennyNI mentioned, how long is the testing going to take? Ofcourse, it is save and fully tested in Vlodrop, but that was on a very small scale. With 1G. So that wont be done in a few days. Even though, good to see that they finally picked up the "new" parts from Vekoma.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
This map gives you false hope guys. If phl decided to build twice as fast as they did in the previous years , they still cant make it this year. As @CSLKennyNI mentioned, how long is the testing going to take? Ofcourse, it is save and fully tested in Vlodrop, but that was on a very small scale. With 1G. So that wont be done in a few days. Even though, good to see that they finally picked up the "new" parts from Vekoma.

Ah, I almost forgot that they had no schedule or an openingdate...

*Stop your nonsense.*

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Ah, I almost forgot that they had no schedule or an openingdate...
*Stop your nonsense.*

Everything I said on this forum turned out to be true, so I dont get it why you are still hating. I did not even mention the fact that they are not rushing the build in the previous post. Which turned out to be true, otherwise we would already have ridden the coaster. I said that 1.5 year ago...
But keep hating on me lmao

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
So... they have a programme/schedule?
Brian right now:
For the 345th time, yes they have, but not worked out in the finest detail. They are not aiming for, a specific date. (for example the 11th of July) They have planned what they want to do now in the first couple weeks and after that they are going to look further. I found it btw funny to see that some of you guys hought that a map had influence in the date of opening...