What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
lol why are people acting like the Golden Ticket Awards are even relevant at all? They mean nothing and don't represent true quality at all.

Also Brian, quit acting like an idiot, for your own sake xo
Quoted for truth

Because that award doesn't make any sense.

Article in Dutch, feel free to translate it.

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/975...-zich-beste-pretpark-van-Duitsland-noemt.html
Haha Looopings is not a reliable source. As trustworthy as Boris Johnson's Brexit Bus.
I'm sure if that really happened we would know about it.
This is really a pointless discussion, on the same level as Concrete pouring gate. Brian could you please petition Europa to drop their marketing of their Award. And let us be done with this off topic stuff.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Brian I can't work out if you're trying to put words in my mouth, or you just don't know how to post? Either way, you calling me "kid" is hilarious for two possible reasons. I shall list them below.

A. You assume I am a kid, however there's a good chance I'm older than you.
B. If you are older, you should realise you're making a fool of yourself.

Yeah, this is a polite forum, for the most part. I'd be lying if I said certain members aren't picked on, ATI springs to mind, however I'd also be lying if I said the majority of his posts were insightful. There's also a certain group of members that think their time on the forums equates to them being superior in wisdom and intelligence, however most of their posts aren't insightful either. But when you post the way you do, you make it very easy for people to gang up on you, which they are doing and will continue to do.

When a moderator asks you to post in English instead of Dutch, don't reply with...
Ofcourse, we do always have to listen to a mod. They are untouchable...
Mr Rc is dutch and that is why I typed in Dutch to him. It wasn't a message for you.
So I ll do in dutch when I talk to him.
... Just post in English so we can understand without having to run your badly written Dutch into a translator which makes it even more difficult to decipher. If you accept that not everyone loves Europa Park as much as you, and realise that a hell of a lot of us here love Phantasialand and that we're allowed to love it, people will stop arguing with you. Until then, nobody will take you seriously. So if you were wondering why I told you to "stop acting like an idiot for your own good", that's why.

Obviously not everyone on CF is going to agree with everything you say. I've been on this site for over 10 years now, and I definitely learnt that the hard way at first. Granted, I'm not the best poster on CF, but I wouldn't say I'm the worst anymore, either. Once you stop being rude to everyone, and stop acting like a know-it-all with every post, your posts might start to attract positive attention.

Right, now that I've taken this thread even further from topic, I'll try and get it back. I was just looking through Phantafriends and read about Tobi making another model, however unless Google Translate is worse than I thought, it seems that the park have allowed him to design a model of the finished area already? (However he's not yet at liberty to release it). Is this true, or am I misunderstanding?

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Alright. It's done. Stop talking about rewards as it is not relevant to this project. Post in English as this is an English forum. If you are quoting from non English, translate it.

Thanks Ethan for steering it back on topic. I remember hearing when this was initially announced that was the case with Tobi that he had a mock up. Not sure if it's just one of those fairy tales or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
^From my understanding they asked him if he could not post it online until they say so. He agreed and has been privately modeling the construction.
Yeah, this is what I'd read too. From my understanding, he's still working on the models of it, but just hot publicly.

Ethan

Strata Poster
screenshot-2018-06-21-17-48-21.jpg.7cfdc3b1ca5407900579a79c35c662fc.jpg

Tobi just posted this screenshot on Phantafriends. From what I could tell using Google to translate the page, this is what the inside of the building below the zero-g looks like?

https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/1646-neu-20xx-rookburgh/?page=65

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^Yes you're right. He was making a point that the building is most likely just theming and won't house anything major like a restaurant for example.

Tobi has also given some more detail about the new towers and posted his models of them.
The 8 towers are approximately 20m tall. Four are on a rectangular base and the other 4 are in a straight line along the side of Wuze Town. And as Phantasiatisch pointed out previously two of the towers have supports/brackets for something - platform, bridge or maybe even for a zeppelin (a popular fan theory based on the concept art)
ximageproxy.php,qimg=https,3A,_,_www.coasterfriends.de,_forum,_attachments,_deutschland-news,_9522773d1529597869-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-screenshot-2018-06-21-10-40-16.jpg,akey=51a3d1046ab934bdb31b9811f127530a4c0d5e99b1af71622e85010d002c6685.pagespeed.ic.spKPGf0O75.webp

There are footers next to the foremost tower above so the coaster will interact with them.
ximageproxy.php,qimg=https,3A,_,_www.coasterfriends.de,_forum,_attachments,_deutschland-news,_9522774d1529597869-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-screenshot-2018-06-21-10-40-44.jpg,akey=34d63610b2dc9070975f3a365540b8ff6324da0afc7c5d074f3be9c4e116e6d7.pagespeed.ic.HDv8r3kQyo.webp

ximageproxy.php,qimg=https,3A,_,_www.coasterfriends.de,_forum,_attachments,_deutschland-news,_9522775d1529597869-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-screenshot-2018-06-21-10-44-17.jpg,akey=1b85ca077b6e9b7cca89c66abbae016bcbdafab67169e819008cb125d1493da9.pagespeed.ic.t9roTFTcTW.webp

Just like the towers on the other side of the site there are flanges for connecting beams between them as Tobi has demonstrated above.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Today another one of those large towers along Wuze Town have been erected.
20180625_225500.jpg

From Coaster.Guide on Instagram

Screenshot_20180624-161250_Gallery.jpg

Found this picture on French forum CoastersWorld.fr which shows the new track that was put in last month:
Finally more track is being installed! New supports and track have been erected on top of the underground launch and break run tunnels - these tracks are continuing the section of F.L.Y. that was erected last summer and we have seen loads of photos.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks like this is the point when construction really picks up and things get exciting! This is the most exciting upcoming attraction for me, so so excited to see it develop.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So breaking it all down a bit from my understanding of the site based off the PhantaFriends.de reports and these pictures:
Dgo7c8gWAAAR40s.png

On the left hand side: Starting at the bottom we can see the underground station and transfer switch tracks have now been completely enclosed. The 3 large openings are where the transfer switch will lead into the 3 maintenance bays (yet to be built). On top of this then the roof forms the next level of the area which is the same height as the neighbouring Wuze Valley so there can be a step free access between the areas. You can also see here the new ramp so construction vehicles are now able to drive into the construction site. The new massive towers as predicted above presumably serve a dual purpose of being theming structures for Rookburgh and the flat plated backs of them are the start of the facade walls for sound proofing and visually separating the areas.

Middle: At the back of the site, along Maus, the underground level has been enclosed. Still not much visible vertical construction in the centre of the site which is curious. The foundations appear to be varying heights here as well which just makes it even more curiouser... (oh how I wish we had Tobi's model to make sense of things) There is this new black steel structure which is not coaster related and different to any previous theming structure and in front of it are two unfinished tall coaster supports - so most likely the coaster will interact with whatever the structure behind it will be.

On the right hand side: A lot of new supports and new track parts extending the layout pieces erected last year. The surface which this track is on is the same height as the Berlin street and this is the tunnel from the new gateway in Berlin will exit - so you will step out with the facades and buildings towering around you and the cluster of coaster track over head. Underneath are the underground tunnels housing the start of the launch (left tunnel) and the break run (right tunnel) - as seen these track parts are now mounted onto the ceiling (wrapped in green tarpaulin for protection). In front of the launch tunnel is this large almost V shaped support which I presume will support the weird curved/half loop/Immelmann launch. The new tall support behind seems to be where the coaster will most likely go after the launch which shape wise suggests to me an Immelmann of some kind??

This really is such a confusing site with how layered, complex and compact everything is. Makes Klugheim seem like child's play. Really intrigued to see how things progress.

Last edited: