What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

I've translated the 80kph in the tweet and it's 49.71mph. Same speed as Euromir at Europa Park, but it's a tiny bit slower than Time Traveler. Either one could be best for the park, but I'm expecting something similar or containing elements from Euromir, rather than Time Traveler (but I want the newer gen spinning coaster for families and a launch or two aha, cause it fills that launch coaster void too)

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I thought this Tweet hinted heavily at a Sierra Sidewinder clone, though?

Or rather, could it merely be referencing a current MACK Rides Spinning Coaster, Sierra Sidewinder? I'd lean on it being more the former reason than the latter one, as that layout would fit the primary target demographic of Paulton's Park - families with children up to age 12.

Or rather, could it merely be referencing a current MACK Rides Spinning Coaster, Sierra Sidewinder? I'd lean on it being more the former reason than the latter one, as that layout would fit the primary target demographic of Paulton's Park - families with children up to age 12.
Yh that's true. Maybe it's similar layout to Sierra but not a clone, just to up the speed on Storm Mac - or whatever it's gonna be called ?

Matt N

CF Legend
I've translated the 80kph in the tweet and it's 49.71mph. Same speed as Euromir at Europa Park, but it's a tiny bit slower than Time Traveler. Either one could be best for the park, but I'm expecting something similar or containing elements from Euromir, rather than Time Traveler (but I want the newer gen spinning coaster for families and a launch or two aha, cause it fills that launch coaster void too)
That's the same speed as the first launch on Icon and only 0.3mph slower than Nemesis, so 80kph certainly isn't slow!

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster

From looking further into Family Mack Spinners, I think the reference to Sierra Sidewinder could be to point out this is the train design rather than a Cobra's Curse style train and that it's a family layout - but it could still be to say it's a clone.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Big twister approaching from the east could just be confirming that the cred is coming from Germany i.e. Mack? Or it could all just be stuff to wind up enthusiasts and means nothing ;)

Edit: Though looking at a map, Vekoma is a lot more directly East than Mack are!

Matt N

CF Legend
Welcome @RollerKoaster! I personally think that a family Mack spinner a la Sierra Sidewinder is probably better suited to Paultons as a park and seems like the more obvious option for them, but in my opinion, it's always great to dream big! I'm unsure of the likelihood of an XTREME Spinning Coaster coming, but it certainly isn't out of the question! Paultons might well be testing the water for something slightly more thrilling than their current crop of coasters; they are building a frisbee in this area after all, and frisbees are certainly no kiddie rides!

Also, if there's one thing I've learned about UK parks, it's that they have the ability to surprise in a multitude of ways! For example:
  • I would never have guessed that Flamingo Land was going to build a 10-inversion Intamin, but they're awaiting planning permission to build one for 2020.
  • I would never have guessed that Blackpool Pleasure Beach was going to build a Mack launch coaster, but they built Icon in 2018.
  • If we're staying within Paultons, I certainly wouldn't have anticipated the park to expand at the rate it has been had I been in the enthusiast community a decade or so ago.
So there's definitely potential for a pleasant surprise here! I'm sure that whatever it turns out to be, it'll be amazing; this is Paultons we're talking about! They seem to go from strength to strength every time they build something new!

RollerKoaster

Roller Poster
Hi guys ?, this is my first time posting something. I personally think that ‘Storm Chaser’ will be an X-Treme Spinner with a lift hill as shown on the borders surrounding the construction site.
I can't wait for them to formally announce that it's a SS clone so all the whistful speculation can stop.

Edit, because I felt a little bad:

Hello and welcome!
Hi :). The borders say otherwise... (I’m not causing an argument and I do not wish to sorry if it’s coming across that way it’s probably not but anxiety is annoying so yeah :) )

Yeldoow

Roller Poster
I wouldn't put too much stock in the promotional images on the hoardings.

339264d1426782789-2016-neuheit-lost-kingdom-bereich-mit-2-achterbahnen-paultons-park-uk-62094fb9-bcbe-4412-b2d5-2f32aa75c4fa_zpso3db14fx.jpg