What's new

Parques Reunidos(Lake Compunce, Mirabilandia..) up for sale!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
http://www.screamscape.com/html/kennywood.htm

So apparently the entirety of Parques Reunidos is up for sale. If you aren't too familiar with them, they own:

-Bobbejaanland - Lichtaart, Belgium
-BonBon-Land - Næstved, Denmark
-Mirabilandia - Ravenna, Italy
-Movie Park Germany - Bottrop-Kirchhellen, Germany
-Parque de Atracciones de Madrid - Madrid, Spain
-Parque Warner Madrid - Madrid, Spain
-Attractiepark Slagharen - Hardenberg, Netherlands
-Tusenfryd - Vinterbro, Norway
-Kennywood Amusement Park - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
-Sandcastle Waterpark - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
-Idlewild and Soak Zone - Ligonier, Pennsylvania, USA
-Miami Seaquarium - Key Biscayne, Florida, USA
-Castle Park - Riverside, California, USA
-Dutch Wonderland - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
-Lake Compounce - Bristol, Connecticut, USA
-Sea Life Park - Waimanalo Beach, Hawaii, USA
-Story Land - Glen, New Hampshire, USA
-Noah's Ark Water Park - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
-Raging Waters (3 Locations) - Sacramento, San Dimas and San Jose, California, USA
-Splish Splash - Riverhead, New York, USA
-Water Country - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA
-Waterworld California - Concord, California, USA
-Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA

They also own a few zoos, including the Blackpool Zoo, Lakes Aquarium, and the Zoo Aquarium in Madrid, Spain.

According to Screamscape, the London-based Apax Partners(ApAx, not Apex) is looking to buy the company for 1.2 billion(I'm assuming USD).

So, new owners are possible for all of those parks, plus a few more, various zoos across the globe. Do you think this a change for the better, or for the worse? Discuss!

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Parques Reunidos(Lake Compunce, Mirabilandia..) up for s

Wow - that's incredible.

It's a change that's good in my opinion, it freshens everything up, it's exciting.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Snoo

The Legend

^Agreed.

We really haven't seen this large of a sell since Paramount was sold IMO. Hopefully Cedar Fair just decides to blow a few billion. :D

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

ew no! I'd hate for Lake Compounce to become a Cedar Fair park... Last thing we need is for Dash to become a parking lot coaster....

Intricks

Strata Poster

I wont lie, I would LOVE for Cedar Fair to do that as I would personally love the falling out a portion of the enthusiast community would have because of it.

I can see their annoying facebook posts inside all the groups and me just lapping up their internet tears for my own enjoyment.

Fyi, the people Im referring to are ones that refuse to go to a Corporate owned park because of the owners doing something they never agreed with (Geauga Lake and Thunder Run are prime exames) and claim them to be nothing short of a poison within the industry.

However, it would totally suck as then Canobies post would more than likely happen...and Boulder Dash needs it trees.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

So are the parks likely to go individually, or as a collective?

I can't see CF wanting to risk taking on international markets, personally, but it would be interesting to watch. If they're going individually, and if it hadn't been for Smiler, Merlin might have been interested. I suppose whoever buys out will sell off less profitable attractions.

Ben

CF Legend

That list makes me remember just how awful that chain actually is.

TilenB

Strata Poster

I've read somewhere a while ago that Wanda was interested in buying Mirabilandia, which is frankly one of the few good park PR owns... As for the other parks, I hope that a new ownership will mean good news for the most.