What's new

Parque Del Café | Yippe | Gerstlauer Family Coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
RCDB lists Parque Del Café (the same Colombian park that has Kráter, an Iron Shark Eurofighter, and Montaña Rusa, a Schwarzkopf Speed Racer) as having a Gerstlauer family coaster under construction named "Yippe":-

https://rcdb.com/15956.htm

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Does it have a station launch? It looks like it goes upwards after the station. Also looks like it has a switch track so it can run 2 trains.

I like it.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Double post, but I find it funny how the coaster has a decent-sized drop into a trim, only to then bank up and right into the brakes. EDIT:- I've just realized that that trim section is going to be a splash down, as seen on the concept art photo.

Here is the same layout picture, but embedded so you can see the full layout:-

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Is the splashdown going to be a SheiKra-style water skimming splashdown or a proper water coaster-style splashdown? I'm presuming the first one, but I just wanted to clarify.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is the splashdown going to be a SheiKra-style water skimming splashdown or a proper water coaster-style splashdown? I'm presuming the first one, but I just wanted to clarify.
I don't think there will be any physical contact with the water, I think it will use fountains, kind of like Shambhala, mainly because of the trims in the splashdown.

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't think there will be any physical contact with the water, I think it will use fountains, kind of like Shambhala, mainly because of the trims in the splashdown.
Thanks @ATI! It should be a cool effect! According to RCDB, this is due to open in February 2018, so they're gonna be pushed!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Dang, those fountains shoot up really high! This looks really good!
Not a huge fan of the color scheme though. Reminds me of some knock-off Golden Horse roller coaster color scheme.

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Trains are on site and seemingly testing is under way:
28280041_1658956140814574_7959101466392506292_n.jpg

From Gerstlauer Facebook page