What's new

Parks with best looking websites

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Simply put, which parks have the best looking websites in your opinion? My favorites are Hershey Park, Holiday World and the Cedar Fair parks' websites.

Olaf

Mega Poster
I honestly love any Happy Valley's website

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Years ago I could have told you loads, but web designers are so obsessed with complicated coding that makes websites unintuitive that I'm just gonna tell you which ones are... "Interesting".

Phantasialand's is literally the Jurassic World site. No really, go look. Did they just steal the code? Or, scarier, did they buy it? It's a terrible site either way - way too much going on. So hard to find information.

Heide Park's was pretty dreadful too when I last checked - can't view the calendar because part of the design obscures the drop down. Nice work idiots.

SeaWorld parks I can never find anything on unless I literally search Google for it. They try to unite all their stuff under one giant umbrella site, but before I've been on the Williamsburg section, clicked hours, and ended up looking at sea world San Diego's.

Six Flags do the umbrella thing too, which makes me chuckle since most people don't seem to realise there's more than one six flags. Maybe that's the aim of the site. Go raise awareness by forcing people go select their locale.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh Joey <3

I wish I could live in your head for one day just to see how it works. You and Louis Walsh.

Your inability to navigate Phantasialand's website is at least consistent with your inability to navigate the park with a wheelchair I guess. And I've just checked Heide's and it must be fixed since you last looked as I managed in German and can barely speak the language. :p

I've always liked Paultons Park's site, it's like a colourful interactive park map. All of the information, all of the time.

Tivoli Gardens' is just the worst though. Can never tell what's open and the shop is <///3

andrus

Giga Poster
I agree with Joey actually :p It's maybe because I'm studying graphical design and is a "professional"; but I find that a lot of sites have too much unnecessary things going on.. The sole purpose of a website is to find information. When there's so much going on that you have a hard time finding the information you came for, I cannot help but to think the website is a failure!

Don't know of the examples Joey stated. But it's definitely a common trend in the theme park bussiness!

nealbie

CF Legend
Is the purpose of a theme park website specifically not to provide you with: how to get there, opening times, ticket prices, overview of rides & attractions, food & accommodation? Maybe a map?

Everything else is a bonus, surely? As long as you can easily access those main sources of information. To think additional extras that assist in selling the product or immersing you in the experience is both pessimistic and overly cynical.

andrus

Giga Poster
nealbie said:
Is the purpose of a theme park website specifically not to provide you with: how to get there, opening times, ticket prices, overview of rides & attractions, food & accommodation? Maybe a map?
Spot on! As long as you can do that in an easy and intuitive way, it's basically a good website :) Additional graphical information is fine, and can even enhance the experince, as long as it doesn't hinder the sole purpose of the website!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I've always liked the Efteling one as it's quite sleek looking :)

But there really are some shocking websites out there; bad examples include:

Brean - my eyes, my eyes!!

Busch/Seaworld - as Joey says, why put them all together?

Thorpe - I hate the way it's so difficult to find the page for booking Fright Night tickets as an MAP holder. Every year I end up swearing at it as there's no clear link for the normal booking page.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Can't think of one that sticks out in a positive way, but I'll second Phantasialand for having the absolute worst site ever. It's so horrendously bad. You really can't find anything at all. I dislike the fact that BonBon-Land doesn't have an English version. For a pretty decently sized park, you'd expect so.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I think Europapark's website is well done, too. Everything is easy to find in the categories, and it looks modern. I also like the small animations in the background. No overkill like on Phantasialand's, but it adds a nice touch. It also loads rather fast (for me).

http://www.europapark.de/en

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
steel said:
I'm kinda nostalgic for the old Cedar Point website from like 12 years ago with the little animated skyline in the banner.
Haha, I was about to mention that! A true work of Java Script magic that allowed you to turn each roller coaster on and off.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Hyde said:
steel said:
I'm kinda nostalgic for the old Cedar Point website from like 12 years ago with the little animated skyline in the banner.
Haha, I was about to mention that! A true work of Java Script magic that allowed you to turn each roller coaster on and off.

The night version is even more beautiful with the lake reflection. <3

Night_CPlogo1.gif
Night_MFandTTD_coolcolors1.gif
Night_WT1.gif
Night_Park021.gif
Night_Park011.gif

I really like the current Six Flags landing page with reels of their rides. The site itself, however, isn't the best but its decent.

mouse

Giga Poster
Enjoyed looking through those old Cedar Point sites, web design has changed so dramatically in such a little amount of time.

Generally I avoid using park websites for information as they're usually quite brash with too many graphics and stuff popping up all the time. I've just been looking at the Phantasialand site to help plan a trip but only lasted 5 minutes before getting angry at stuff appearing and disappearing whenever I moved the mouse.