What's new

Parc Saint Paul | Wood Express | Gravity Group Wooden

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
lFqVnBF.jpg

o1xj1u6.jpg

Source: Pigeon's Team
http://www.pigeons-team.com/2017/10/parc-saint-paul-nouveaute-2018.html

Parc Saint Paul in northern France has announced their 2018 addition! Wood Express will be a family GG woodie with 13 moments of airtime!

Stats

Height 15m (49ft)
Length 479m (1572ft)
Speed 61 km/h (38mph)
Max. angle of first drop 57°
Cost: €2.5M (according to a different source)

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
WHAT hahahaha omg this is ridiculous but great, but so ridiculous!

EDIT (after I've calmed down): Shame for the PAX creds to go. They're both hilarious rides. Weirdest airtime moments ever! It doesn't look like it's going where any of those creds are so I assume the reasoning is to make some money. Or transition to a "real theme park".

Consider this the most surprising news of 2017 haha.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nooooooooooo, I really wanted those Pax things. Have they closed already?

TilenB

Strata Poster
They stay open until at least the end of this year. I'll go to Parc Saint Paul on Wednesday to give more details about that.
That's very helpful for somebody living in Hong Kong. :p

Do you have any sources of the PAX coaster(s) closing? From what I can understand the article says the coaster will take the space in front of the Formula 1 coaster and the video seems to suggest that as well.

Will

Strata Poster
Great news to see another decent investment being made there, definitely looks interesting.
BUT if it's at the expense of the Pax coasters, I'll be a bit gutted. No other convenient European parks have anything like them - Wild Train is fab and I love how the Formula 1 coaster (again, one of the better steel mice) just throws the copyright law book out of the window.

peep

CF Legend
get rid of their old Pax coasters

Are we sure about this? I don't know if it's a mis-translation but I thought they meant it was sitting in front of it, not on top? Even the mock up has the woodie on the land with nothing on that is in front of the tents and Formula 1?

Looks like a fab addition for this park though. If they are spiting Formula 1 I hope it moves to another park because that thing is amazing.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Well that was unexpected. First the launched thing at Le Pal and now this! Obviously a great addition to the park and one that will put them in a completely different league.

As everyone else has already said, it's a sad day if it comes at the expense of the Pax creds.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Are we sure about this? I don't know if it's a mis-translation but I thought they meant it was sitting in front of it, not on top? Even the mock up has the woodie on the land with nothing on that is in front of the tents and Formula 1?

Looks like a fab addition for this park though. If they are spiting Formula 1 I hope it moves to another park because that thing is amazing.

So I asked my source and it turns out the location of Wood Express is less clear than he thought. I am going to Parc Saint Paul on Wednesday to clarify the location question ;)

jayjay

Giga Poster
That looks cute! Maybe a cred-mopping trip in 2019 in order. Not having had the excitement of a PAX cred (I think), what's the deal with them that makes them popular?

Will

Strata Poster
^
Well, I know you'll appreciate this :p
maxresdefault.jpg

Unexpectedly fab family coasters that are just... different from everyone else's, is probably the best description.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Oh wow, a Force India cred can definitely get in my face. Is it still like that, cause I'm not having much luck finding that on rcdb.

Will

Strata Poster
The pictures on rcdb are over ten years old; was certainly still like that last time I went (October 2014) and there's a youtube video with F1 theming that was uploaded in the last week :)

Pear

Strata Poster
I love all these small wooden coasters! I've only ridden Wooden Warrior but it's a fantastic little ride.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Alright. I have confirmation from a Parc Saint Paul official that both Pax coasters, Wild Train and Formule 1, will be staying at the park for 2018.

I can also tell you that the park is aiming at a late June opening, or at the very least early July if there are any delays.

Further info will come at IAAPA from Gravity Group.