What's new

Parc Astérix | Pégase Express | Gerstlauer Family Launched

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
The station is under good progress:

7C6BgBX.jpg

ZPx4Uab.jpg

flH8cEz.jpg

Looks promising to me :) Astérix really put some decent efforts with the theming in the last few years.

Lofty

CF Legend
That staysh looks really fab!

I'm looking forward to the little gags in the queue line, like the Paris Hilton one in the queue for Oz'Iris

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
It seems that they've designed another funny queue that carries on the spirit of the Astérix comics. Nice!

A little funny detail for non-French speakers: on the top-left picture you can see a "En grève" sign which means "On strike". Typical self-deprecation joke on our railway company which is infamous for, you know, its countless strikes.

On the bottom-right image with the stands, there is a souvenir store called "Gare Mont Parnassos". Gare Montparnasse is one of the main Paris train station, home to some of the high-speed train connections. It is named after the Mount Parnassus which is... obviously located in Greece :p The circle is complete I guess ^^

I feel a bit pedantic explaining jokes but maybe some might find it interesting x)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Looks great overall, but the slow crawl into the shed looks like it will take a lot of the thrill out... Still looking forward to riding it on the CF Live in July though!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
All the construction machinery has been removed and the station is now complete!

OHlnq6U.jpg

pWm6qzw.jpg

I find it really pretty :) The statue and the fountain adds a nice finishing touch.