What's new

Paramounts Great Lakes, Some Unfortunate News!

A

Anonymous

I'm new here but i've bean building this park for a while. Theres more information on Coaster-net.com in the forums in Project & Site Advertisements, Check it out!

So its a paramount park that will offer great thrills and graet entertainment for all of the family.

Heres so far:

A Mcdonalds on the entrance road to the entry road:
scr17zj4.png

The hotel on the entry road: (Needs a name, anyone got any ideas?)
scr20zu7.png

Some shops on the entry road:
scr19vf6.png

The Carousel in The Enterance Plaza:
scr14aba6.png

The Farm nearest Animal Enterance:
scr3cw9.png

Frenziod (if thats how you spell it) also in the farm:
scr5dc4.png

Days of Thunder in Action Zone:
scr2zr2.png

And the centre of Action Zone:
scr3om1.png

There unfinished manily if your wondering.

Comments welcome.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Hi, welcome to the site.

I like what I see. There's a lot of nice little touches that give the park some nice atmosphere. I'd like to see some taller buildings, though. I know for the most part parks have 1 story structures, but usually the front facades are taller. Or at least this is the case at Carowinds and Kings Island, both former Paramount parks. I know you said some stuff is unfinished, so I'm interested in seeing more. Also-- How large is the park?

I'm having a tough time judging this one actually!

For the most part, it looks good. I like the go kart thing quite a bit, and it's better than using the go karts provided in the game, as it looks better. The screen with the pirate ship is also nice looking.

However, the roads seem to be way too thick. They dominate the first screen and the third screen. I'd say 2 lanes would be good enough. I actually had to look for the McDonalds because I was too busy concentrating on the road. And anyway, I'd say make the McDonalds and shops a bit taller.

Keep it up.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Well this is some fine stuff here. That has to be the best hotel I have ever seen. Everything about this park I like... apart from the roads they're a bit dodgey to say at the least. I would also like to know how big this park is because I'm under the impression that this has gotta to be at least 200x200.

A

Anonymous

Thanks CedarPoint6, about the buildings, yer i know, i need to build bigger buildings i'm working on it, but i'm abit dodgey on building big buildings. To be fair i havn't been to a paramount park yet, unfortunetly.

Thanks LiveForTheLaunch, the go kart track is going to be refurbished eventurly. The shops also will be refurbished and the McDonalds will have some work done on it, eventurly, I rushed the last few shops to be fair because i wanted to get out of the scenrio editing stage.

Thanks The Claw. I worked hard on the hotel.

I will work on the roads if i can.

And about the park size i'm not sure how big, but i know its well over 200.

The next update will probably be Thursday or Tuesday, atleast, it will probably be about a coaster. :D

Thanks for the comments.

Airtime OLY

Louis!

Mega Poster
This park has a lot of potential. The only thing I don't particularly like is the row of shops. The colours IMO are a bit too bright for my liking. Also the fences outside them, should all be one colour. Could I get a closer look at the shops please. It's hard to tell what they are like detail wise.

I just hope your coasters don't fail you, it looks like we could have a new RCT shining star amongst CF.

Ben

CF Legend
That's fantastic but do me one favor...

Change the entrance sign from
Paramount
's

to, say
Para
Mount's

At the moment it does nothing for me but attacks my OCD.

Other, then that, fantastic, I love the road and hotel. Very realistic!

A

Anonymous

Thanks NeutralPineapple, about the shops as i say before there going to be refurbished. And yer i will give a close up shot, but not yet.

Thanks Ben and i will change the entrance sign.

A

Anonymous

I was going to post a tesar but it not let me, can someone help?

But you can see it at coaster-net.

Lauz

Roller Poster
Ok, I don't like the major thick roads you've put EVERYWHERE all over this park at the moment. But, I do like that Hotel! I think that looks amazing!! You've done really well there.

As for the little shops at the entrance, make them diferent heights to make them individual.

But I think you've made a good start, I can just suggest removing some of the roads and stuff, there are far to many....

Louis!

Mega Poster
From what I can see it looks good. Nicely supported but I would like to see more of the layout, whether it's unthemed or not. The worst thing to do is theme a coaster then get told the layout needs to be changed.

Oh man, for some reason I'm now dubbing this one of my favourite projects on CoasterForce at the moment. I don't know why, there's just something about it that makes me really like it. It's pretty darn realistic and it's very well done so far.

As for the coaster itself, yum. I like the supporting and stuff, can't wait to see the layout!

A

Anonymous

Thanks LiveForTheLaunch, its nice to hear that^. And to say that its pretty realistic Ive never been to a paramount park, Ive only looked at photos and based my park similar to them. As for the coaster, I don't like to say stuff like this but, Im struggling with the layout. but thanks!

But ive got some bad news, I'm not posting any pictures for a couple of weeks. The reasson being that what ive showed you is mainly what ive done so far, so Im goin to work on this loads, so I can got some pictures to post. But i will keep telling you lot what ive done and some other stuff (coaster line up, maybe).

This is NOT dead just a soretage of pictures, sorry for the bad news!

Airtime OLY.

A

Anonymous

Yer I would but i cant get into my PM inbox (what ever you call it).

A

Anonymous

Update, no pictures though, sorry:

Top Gun layout complete! Theming in progress!

What colours should I colour Drop Zone? Anybody please.

And what type of fencing/buildings goes round Drop Zone? Anybody please.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Nice job on the park. I cant find anything about it that I dont like. I do like the station fly over that you built on Top Gun, it looks very cool and I have never seen it done before. The hotel looks great! Very nice job and keep up the good work and keep the updates coming.