What's new

OpenRCT Server

Hutch

Strata Poster
Managed to get a couple more creds up and running! First up, a big boy B&M flyer:

jXacI5f.png

zIlqlEe.png

And the one I had more fun with... a knock-off RMC!!?

eiPvKDI.png

VmHnXXb.png

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That's a wrap on the server! I've attached it as a download, really fun and great work all round! Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/coasterforcejune2020-realism

Think we could do some sort of premade scenario? Something with decent terrain so it's not just a blank slate? As for actual themes I'm open for whatever, you can do a lot with any one of them. Anyone else have any preferences?
Deal! I was actually thinking about a potential "Christmas in July" theme for the July server, going all in on Christmas/Winter/Holidays? (Open to other theming thoughts too!)

Also, how might folks feel about creating a possible attendance goal? The server roughly timed out at 400 years (lol), so we could do a 10,000 guest goal of sorts?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Merry Christmas in July everyone!

Our new server is online with a new scenario, some new rides, and, most importantly, RMC HYBRID TRACK!

That's right, we have Hybrid Track integrated now. To use it, select "Hybrid Coaster" underneath track options when viewing the ride box. Feel free to dm @Hutch as well with any wizardry questions. :)

Some important notes to connect to the server:
  • We are running OpenRCT2 2.5 for this server. Current build is 2.6, so be sure to rollback to 2.5 for the time being to access the server. (was having issues getting the RMC track to patch into 2.6)
  • Server is running on latest build, 2.6
  • Server name: CoasterForce XMas in July
  • Server password: xmas

I'll keep the server online through July - have fun!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Quick update - my failed attempts to port the RMC track design into the current build of OpenRCT2 have led me to keep the XMas server as is, with a regular 2.6 build.

To have fun with RMC track though, I will be bringing a second server online for exclusive RMC builds. More to come shortly!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Please save me from my fascination of building a mine train commuter in the middle of the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just a heads up - will be taking down the server after this weekend, so get those last builds in!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Any chance you will get another server up again?

I would love to work with other CFers on a multiplayer park!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Any chance you will get another server up again?

I would love to work with other CFers on a multiplayer park!
Yes is the short answer! OpenRCT recently updated to incorporate RMC track as native - oh happy day!

I was thinking about going live with a server over the weekend (it's a long weekend here in the States for MLK Day) if folks are game?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Good morning all!

I am happy to report that I went ahead and put a new server up. "Buzzed Bars" is the name - feel free to swing through!