What's new

Olympia Looping returning to Winter Wonderland?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I think wild maus XXL is pretty much confirmed as expected, but with VR this year. It's a ww staple now.
Nah I meant the Buwalda spinning mouse (pic from 'AmazingRides below). I've read there's a large plot for a coaster at WW this year so this would certainly fit...

maxresdefault.jpg

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Nah I meant the Buwalda spinning mouse (pic from 'AmazingRides below). I've read there's a large plot for a coaster at WW this year so this would certainly fit...

maxresdefault.jpg
I did wonder because that seemed pretty obvious otherwise.

The unofficial page has said that a new spinner is coming to replace thriller by that's it so I was expecting it to be a big standard boring one. Buwulda are already involved with the fair so that one may be more possible than some others though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, if there are no new creds I probably won't bother this year.

Lofty

CF Legend
From what I've heard, the new spinning coaster is from like Hungary or somewhere and hasn't been to the UK before.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I did wonder because that seemed pretty obvious otherwise.

The unofficial page has said that a new spinner is coming to replace thriller by that's it so I was expecting it to be a big standard boring one. Buwulda are already involved with the fair so that one may be more possible than some others though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
So glad that Thriller is out - it was trash IMO. Hmmm well I'll keep a look out for news. That'd be a nice +1 tbh :)

Will

Strata Poster
To be awkward, I liked Thriller - it was one of those crazy Vekomas that thought it was a Schwarzkopf.
Something a bit different, and preferable to yet another bloody spinning mouse.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Tbf Thriller was a decent size and had some good speed but it just didn't really do much.
Still paid each year for it though ;)

I actually enjoy the Ice Mountain Coaster - something about spinning in the dark appeals to me.

TilenB

Strata Poster
To be awkward, I liked Thriller - it was one of those crazy Vekomas that thought it was a Schwarzkopf.
Something a bit different, and preferable to yet another bloody spinning mouse.
You're talking about Alpine Thriller, right? Isn't that one a Pinfari, rather than a Vekoma?

lachlan

Mega Poster
I found it so rough, one of only a handful of coasters that I found painful to ride.

The only coaster as bad as it that comes to mind is the tornado at M&D's

Am glad it's gone since I got the credit last year

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I also quite liked that Pinfari thing. Was pissing down with rain at the time and it was quite an adventure of a ride.

Lack of Hollenblitz is sad and means I won't make a specific trip, but I'll be within walking distance of the place at some point next month, ready to pounce on any stray creds.

lachlan

Mega Poster
There's a pop of airtime in the backseat and the two.loops are great. The rest of the ride... Not so much imo

JammyH

Hyper Poster

maxresdefault.jpg

This is simply Buwalda's Spinning Mouse(which usually turns up every year) with a few extra track extensions and they usually only add the track extensions on at Tilburg Kermis and a couple of other fairs every year- I think they prefer to leave it as the standard Spinning Mouse layout(the extended layout probably takes up a lot more space, takes a lot more time to set up etc).

Having said all that, I have read that Buwalda's spinning mouse won't be coming this year which immediately rules this out as a possibility if that is true information. Manning's new spinning mouse(standard layout and model except a different manufacturer) has already pulled on and will be branded as 'Santa's Coaster" and will either take up Thriller's plot, or alternatively will take Buwalda's old spinning coaster plot.

If Manning's new mouse takes Thriller's plot, I would think that it will be the only new coaster we see this year, however if it takes Buwalda's old spinning coaster plot(Which I think is more likely from the name and branding I have seen so far- it would fit into Santa land well), then we have potential for another new cred. Seeing as Hollenblitz is now confirmed to not be coming, I would hope for something along the lines of Ahrend's Drifting Coaster to make a debut(Alpina Bahn would be lovely but extremely unlikely to make a debut!)

vaugc002

Mega Poster
This is simply Buwalda's Spinning Mouse(which usually turns up every year) with a few extra track extensions and they usually only add the track extensions on at Tilburg Kermis and a couple of other fairs every year- I think they prefer to leave it as the standard Spinning Mouse layout(the extended layout probably takes up a lot more space, takes a lot more time to set up etc).

Having said all that, I have read that Buwalda's spinning mouse won't be coming this year which immediately rules this out as a possibility if that is true information. Manning's new spinning mouse(standard layout and model except a different manufacturer) has already pulled on and will be branded as 'Santa's Coaster" and will either take up Thriller's plot, or alternatively will take Buwalda's old spinning coaster plot.

If Manning's new mouse takes Thriller's plot, I would think that it will be the only new coaster we see this year, however if it takes Buwalda's old spinning coaster plot(Which I think is more likely from the name and branding I have seen so far- it would fit into Santa land well), then we have potential for another new cred. Seeing as Hollenblitz is now confirmed to not be coming, I would hope for something along the lines of Ahrend's Drifting Coaster to make a debut(Alpina Bahn would be lovely but extremely unlikely to make a debut!)
Thanks for the info!
That drifting coaster looks so ridiculous but I'd LOVE to see what it's like :D

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Thanks for the info!
That drifting coaster looks so ridiculous but I'd LOVE to see what it's like :D
Is it as ridiculous as it looks, especially backwards. (Only did backwards mind you!)

Also I don't think I have the manning mouse cred although it's getting harder to track these as you do more of them. I did all the spinners that were there last year.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Is it as ridiculous as it looks, especially backwards. (Only did backwards mind you!)

Also I don't think I have the manning mouse cred although it's getting harder to track these as you do more of them. I did all the spinners that were there last year.
Manning's Spinning Mouse has been imported from Turkey this year and is therefore brand new to the country, so pretty much no one will have the cred! It has been directly swapped with the Thriller Coaster(both coasters are owned by the same people) and that's why I thought it would be taking position on the old Thriller spot.

However, I can confirm that Manning's new mouse is currently building up on site in the position where Buwalda's spinning mouse usually would be(by the Miami in Santa Land). This means that the Thriller plot will have something new on it this year, however what is going on this plot is unknown as of yet and it could be a coaster, flat ride, new food complex etc. Looking at the original government plans for this year's event (http://idoxpa.westminster.gov.uk/on..._FULL-WW2017_500_PLANNING_APP_2.0-4993341.pdf), where Thriller used to be located has "Coaster" labelled on the position, and this would therefore indicate a new cred on Thriller's old position. That being said though, the Government planning applications are released way before the event and so many things are changed around after it is submitted and it therefore isn't confirmed there will be a new cred on the position.

This makes me pretty certain Buwalda's mouse will not be coming, either in standard or XXL form. I think the XXL form would be too big for Thriller's old position anyway. I will be following the pull on closely so it will be interesting to see whether it does indeed not turn up for this years event(and whilst they aren't bringing the mouse, I hope they don't bother bringing the Euro Coaster as well as thats trash!)

I would really like to see Drifting Coaster fill Thriller's old plot as I think it would be very successful at the event, does anyone know roughly whether the size of the coaster would be able to fit into Thriller's old position or is it too big? The only other transportable cred I could think of which might fit into this position(except a spinning mouse/Bruch's spinning Racer) is possibly Cobra the Lost Kingdom Coaster.

This event isn't just about the rollercoasters anyway!