What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well I learnt from just playing around with it for a couple of days. I could try and help you if you wanted but I wouldn't know how to... explain it?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Yeah, that's the trouble I am having. That's why I wondered if anyone knew any god written tutorials out there? I've tried googling but to no avail.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Have you tried Entropy's tutorials?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjjusQl1ylg[/youtube]

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Yeah, they are the ones I used, but I found switching back and forth really frustrating and it didn't really help me.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmmm... I don't really know what to say then, other than maybe just play about with multi-zone forces and see what elements you can make up and recreate.

bmac

Giga Poster
I have a bit of an issue with pre-made terrain on NoLimits.

I'm using Windows7 and whenever I make terrain to build a ride to it saves to an invisible file that I cannot open on the editor. Can someone help?

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Does anyone have any good tutorials for how to get rid of pumps in curves without using other programs? Any advanced hand made tutorials would be great too!! I already know about the ones on CF

Xpress

Strata Poster
Select one segment at a time, push I on your keyboard, then use Ctrl + G around the newly straightened segment. Only works if your segments are even lengths. Will take some tweaking.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Or highlight the whole turn and do ctrl+g. I also recommend hunting down a circle tool .3ds to ensure that your turn is completely circular.

Intricks

Strata Poster
bmac said:
I have a bit of an issue with pre-made terrain on NoLimits.

I'm using Windows7 and whenever I make terrain to build a ride to it saves to an invisible file that I cannot open on the editor. Can someone help?

Make sure all your No Limits related programs have Run as Admin as their basic setting. Only option I know of

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Getting better but still havn't tried supports and terrain just sounds scary!

All my launchers roll into the launch. How do you get the train to come to a stop, then take off?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The trick is to use a brake segment of track just before a transport segment. If you open up the settings on the brake segment, you'll see the option for "Complete Stop" and "Transport Device". You want both of those checked. Then also check the "Launch" box and you should be good to go.

So once you've got the brake segment (should be about the length of the train - at least, that's how I do it), you then just add the transport segment and continue doing launches as you did before (the train enters the transport segment moving, so it's just the same as a rolling launch).

Obviously you'll have to play with the settings to get the launch effect you're after, but that's how you make the train stop before a launch.

Intricks

Strata Poster
How do you exactly use Multi-Force Zones to get exactly what you want? I just get miss shaped objects that won't exactly work in real life cause I have no idea what exactly I am doing.

Blizzrock

Roller Poster
Question when using the Flying Dutchman model for as your coaster type: Aren't the seats supposed to automatically retract into a lying-down position as the car moves from the station? Mine don't -- not sure if there's something I need to add to the track to make this happen. Thoughts?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Its under the track option when you right click on the track.

You have to select seat lower and raise for two seperate sections of track.

elisfkc

Roller Poster
This may have been answered a long time ago, but does anyone know if there is a free license for Object Creator like there is for the Construction Pack, since Gravimetric Studios' website shut down?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Hi, I hope you can help me.

Everytime I try to download this track packager for Mac and try to install it, it just says: "You can't open the application NoLimits Pack Extractor because PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

Here is the track packager, is it the right one? http://www.interfix.net/nolimits/

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Is there a way to launch a train backwards out of the station?

I've made a shuttle type coaster and put it "Reverse Cable Lift Start" assuming it would leave backwards, but it just leaves the station forward.
Is it possible to make a backwards launch? There is a way to make boomerangs that lift backwards surely.