What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Blizzrock

Roller Poster
Hey, I'm new to NL and I've run into a problem with my first coaster.

For some reason, every time the cars reach the top of the lift, they stop and refuse to move any further. Any ideas where I could be going wrong?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Add another segment for the lift. Always have the lift angle down on the last lift segment, this will avoid this problem.

Twn114

Roller Poster
I have been transferring all of my files over from a PC to my new Mac and am reinstalling NoLimits onto it... I can't seem to find where to put in my registration key? I have it all ready but there is nowhere on the mac version that i can find that enables me to put in my key!
Is anyone able to help?

Twn114

Roller Poster
I tried that but it didn't work.... It came up with a message that said "Sorry this feature is not available with the demo"

Intricks

Strata Poster
Email the guy and give your username and password. Explain the situation and everything.

I ran into this issue when getting onto my homebuilt pc, and he sent me the dowload link for it again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ethan

Strata Poster
When I had the demo, it just said "You need the full version". It didn't offer me anything. On the demo I had, you just went help, and then 'Enter Key-code'...

Twn114

Roller Poster
I emailed the people at NoLimits and i got a reply telling me that there isn't any way for me to enter my registration key into the demo of NoLimits but i have to buy it again but with a discounted price because i am a previous customer and have been given a special code that gives me this discount

Kind of annoying but oh well... Thank you all for your suggestions on how to sort this out! I can finally get back to building some rides and release a load that i was planning to release beforehand!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hey guys, I recently bought the game.
Taking some time to feel out, but I've spent a few days messing around. Made a straightforward, though pretty cool, wooden coaster. I have some questions for you guys (I'm a noob here forgive me)

Unless I've missed it...I can only get a pre set helix option going one direction. Is there a way to get it going the other, or do you just need to manually make it?

In general, how do you perfect elements and coasters in general? I reckon it's simply time, trial and error?

A bit superficial but is there a way to determine the length of your coaster? Just since I'd like to know, and one day put them on YT with the stats. I can find the length of each segment but no way do I want to add up each LOL is there a way to find coaster length?

Sure I'll think of more questions as I get into the game more, loving it though!

Treeis

Mega Poster
With the creating the elements, what I tend to do, is use the grid. Symmetry is usually key with most elements, so using the grid will help with that.

Another helpful tip is, when you think you are happy with an element, highlight it all and then CTRL + G. This will "Smoothen" out the track. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not.

Dar

Hyper Poster
JJLehto said:
Taking some time to feel out, but I've spent a few days messing around. Made a straightforward, though pretty cool, wooden coaster. I have some questions for you guys (I'm a noob here forgive me)

Unless I've missed it...I can only get a pre set helix option going one direction. Is there a way to get it going the other, or do you just need to manually make it?

In general, how do you perfect elements and coasters in general? I reckon it's simply time, trial and error?

A bit superficial but is there a way to determine the length of your coaster? Just since I'd like to know, and one day put them on YT with the stats. I can find the length of each segment but no way do I want to add up each LOL is there a way to find coaster length?

Sure I'll think of more questions as I get into the game more, loving it though!
I'm a massive n00b too but here goes!

With the elements, check the "mirror" box in the size dialog to get it in the other direction.

To check length, it's coaster -> Statistics... this includes a nice height graph too! :p

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Treeis said:
With the creating the elements, what I tend to do, is use the grid. Symmetry is usually key with most elements, so using the grid will help with that.

Another helpful tip is, when you think you are happy with an element, highlight it all and then CTRL + G. This will "Smoothen" out the track. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not.

Yeah I got familiar with the smooth feature quick. You're right it doesn't always work out for the best but it generally does, and hey it's way smoother than what I naturally make (they always look Arrow Dynamics LOL)

My first coaster is just straights (with airtime hills) and helixes so it wasn't too bad, but yeah I'll deff use the grid and symmetry for more unique elements. Thanks!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Dar said:
JJLehto said:

I'm a massive n00b too but here goes!

With the elements, check the "mirror" box in the size dialog to get it in the other direction.

To check length, it's coaster -> Statistics... this includes a nice height graph too! :p

Ha thanks. I bought it 2 days ago. Thanks so much, I was going crazy on how to get a damn helix or loop to go the other way!

Also, how do you guys tweak your rides? My coaster is a bit too fast...I'm going to heighten the hills and make the helices bigger. How do you do this? I was just going node by node. I don't like that because I have to adjust the entire coaster in the process, is there any other way to do it? I cant see how.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Does anyone know of any decent Newton2 tutorials. I've tried using the youtube ones, but they are too fussy, and switching back and forth between the two is a hassle and doesn't really help me.

I just can't seem the get to grips with newton2.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Not particularly. I used it about a year about year back following some youtube tutorials and didn't really get anywhere with it.