What's new

No Limits 2 - Contest #1 - '72 Hours Later'.

BBH

Giga Poster
tomahawk said:
Double post, but it needs its own post. I know track and supports need to stay, but what about wide trains?
Kindly disregard this post's existence as I am a moron.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Just in general. If I want my station to hug the side of a border, does the entire train/station need to be in the border?

BBH

Giga Poster
^I would assume structures have to be inside the border.

And I have run into the old "once you notice everything's going well, it all goes to ****" problem. How to fit in a tight turn at 65 mph...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
No. Anything you place MUST stay inside the boundaries. If a train goes over the border, that's fine, as long as any track, supports or footers do not.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Found it and feel like complete dumb ass. That helped a little bit. I feel I am being WAY too ambitious with this.

Jer

Strata Poster
This is only the second NL2 coaster I've made from scratch, the building is still new to me

How are you judging the realism, how much are you expecting for the supports?

BBH

Giga Poster
So many layout ideas, so little time...

I'm gone most of tomorrow and Thursday but I'll work on it quite a bit tonight and tomorrow night. Good thing I don't have to do anything until the afternoons because I'll be sleeping for a while...

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
Well, it looks like this is already going much better than the NL2 contest I tried to host.
I'll definitely try to send something in for this contest.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Jer said:
This is only the second NL2 coaster I've made from scratch, the building is still new to me

How are you judging the realism, how much are you expecting for the supports?

Supports I'm expecting to be as good as the track! It's all part of the technique and if you people aren't familiar with the new system, hopefully this will teach them a thing or two :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Scrapped my first idea late last night. Way too ambitious for the size of area. New one is probably the same thing but hey, I can at least support this one!

BBH

Giga Poster
I keep changing elements completely and I totally redid the first drop. Once you think you get far you realize you have a drop and two turns...

BBH

Giga Poster
Eh. I don't like it. I can't seem to get the right feel that I want and it's too late in the game to start from scratch. I don't expect to win, not by a long shot, but I'll still enter. Expect a piece of turd.