What's new

New Zacspin model

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Just spotted on Screamscape that Intamin have announced they have developed a launched version of their current Zacspin model:

56d054446ca3a-intamin-lsm-zsc-1-1-overview.jpg

http://www.blooloop.com/news/intamin-ls ... tHaSZyLTIV

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industr ... tm#Intamin

So, just making it even more like the Coasterball model off RCT3!

Edited to embed image. - ECG

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Lap bars only, nice!

So basically S&S comes out with an improved ZacSpin and now Intamin is coming out with an improved 4D FreeSpin?

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Seeing as no ZacSpins have been bought since the Green Lantern debacle this may be too little to late for Intamin...

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So:
- Arrow (S&S) invents 4D.
- Intamin takes idea and improves it.
- S&S (RMC) takes previous Intamin model and improves it.
- Intamin rips S&S model off.

Nice.

While I think that lapbars only trains will be an improvement, I can't see why parks would invest in a model when they already have the S&S version, which already works and have an almost exact layout.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I like the different seating arrangements, especially the one where the seats face each other, could be fun.

Lap bars on these actually sound kind of terrifying, but I like the idea. It sounds like they are trying to improve the roughness issues and create a nice smooth ride.

Gazza

Giga Poster
oriolat2 said:
While I think that lapbars only trains will be an improvement, I can't see why parks would invest in a model when they already have the S&S version, which already works and have an almost exact layout.

Because most parks have no type of 4D coaster whatsoever, so this product would be aimed with the objective to sell to them, not the likes of SFFT or linnanmaki or whatever.

Gerstlauer started offering a version of their Eurofighter with a launch and lap bars, even though earlier installations lacked these features....

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Imagine the intensity of the spin immediately after the launch if the riders are balanced indifferently I feel sick thinking about it.

Zac Spins offer an interesting experience in a small footprint but they don't ride well imo. I still favour El Locos for a similar footprint experience.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Imagine the intensity of the spin immediately after the launch if the riders are balanced indifferently I feel sick thinking about it..

You can't unbalance it, it have single cars like the S&S version.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Fascinating concept. I did find Zacspins to be surprisingly forceful - having a single car meant very good pops of g-force. I did quite enjoy the ride, and adding a launch is an intriguing dynamic.

andrus

Giga Poster
Sanchezmran said:
It sounds like they are trying to improve the roughness issues and create a nice smooth ride.
What roughness issues? Granted I've only been on two models; Insane and Green Lantern. But neither of them were in any means rough. Quite the opposite!

oriolat2 said:
So:
- Arrow (S&S) invents 4D.
- Intamin takes idea and improves it.
- S&S (RMC) takes previous Intamin model and improves it.
- Intamin rips S&S model off.
Something like that. Although the Arrow/S&S model is still supreior :wink:

After seeing the renderings I can't help to wonder whether this ride will get B&M-ish track:
Intamin%20LSM%20ZSC%201_9%20Free%20Spins.jpg

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
Interesting concept, will anyone buy it though? Six Flags seems like the only company interested in 4D models and they seem content at the moment with the S&S version.

Hutch

Strata Poster
andrus said:
Sanchezmran said:
It sounds like they are trying to improve the roughness issues and create a nice smooth ride.
What roughness issues? Granted I've only been on two models; Insane and Green Lantern. But neither of them were in any means rough. Quite the opposite!
I thought some people had unpleasant experiences on the Intamin ones, not necessarily general roughness, but getting thrown around and beat up.

I haven't ridden one myself though, so there's that. :p

andrus

Giga Poster
Sanchezmran said:
andrus said:
Sanchezmran said:
I thought some people had unpleasant experiences on the Intamin ones, not necessarily general roughness, but getting thrown around and beat up.
Yeah, I think that's more like it. There can be some high spikes of Gs that some may find unpleasant. I find the Zacspins quite fun but too short (although they could've done with some more comfortable seating).