What's new

New trains for Furius Baco?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Someone by the handle "weldingengineer" has posted these pictures of, presumably, Baco's trains on TPR
thumb_20160322_085214.jpg

thumb_20160322_085244.jpg

Does this mean it's getting Skyrush style trains or is it going to just 2 seats per row?

I can't find any good pictures of Skyrush's trains without the wheel covers to be able to tell if the outside seats are bolted on or if it's one solid piece. Either way, it's an interesting development!

Ben

CF Legend
What the ****?

I'm gutted. Gutted. Baco's rough around the edges but still amazing.

There's some good discussion here that to me looks from the photos like they won't be Skyrush style but I don't know.

http://www.capte.org/foros/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12597&start=117

Actually gonna do a 180 it looks like the ones on Skyrush do slot in and are then bolted like this looks like it has room for so let's pray.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Found this image of a naked Skyrush train
r3mii-1336495224-shtraininstation.jpg

The wings don't look bolted on and the middle seats in these new photos aren't raised up at all in comparison. Looks like a straight 2-seater unless Intamin have changed their train design since Flying Aces

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So is this good then? Baco is super rough right? Is this aimed at sorting that issue?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For comparison, here are some photos of Skyrush and Flying Aces trains.

ace_ba10.jpg

7502972400_479aca8bb5_b.jpg

ace_fr11.jpg

r3mii-1336495224-shtraininstation.jpg

SkyrushTesting-1.jpg

2016_7_ferrari_base.jpg

The Furius Baco train photos above appear to share the same pitch angle of seating orientation to the Wing Coaster trains. Considering Intamin's main train offering is a base chassis of mega/accelerator trains, these leaked photos appear to more closely resemble the inner seat inserts of a wing coaster. However, as Dar raises, the question is if the Wing Coaster trains are a one piece assembly, or two parts layed one on top of the other as Ben pondered.

Based on these photos, it would appear the seat assembly is one piece forming the base chassis, with a separate steel overlay providing flooring and exterior body to the train. So unless additional trains will be welded on to the sides of the new Furius Baco train chassis, it could be an entirely new train design from Intamin.

I would imagine we are seeing a wing coaster train chassis that has yet to have external seats added. You can see weld points on the Skyrush train for the two outer seats, so this leaked photo could simply be before final assembly of all chairs. Also, if Furius Baco were to really be a 2-wide seating arrangement, we should be seeing a traditional mega coaster train design with regular stadium seating. But rather, more evidence points towards a wing coaster arrangement.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Remember this?

th720_0e1f84acdf1e9f4623f54ffa720ed8dc.png

It's just a chassis to make sure the track is aligned (LMFAO). So, these are pics of the rest of the trains yet to be finished and shipped to Ferrari Land.

Everyone, relax. As far as I know, Baco will have the same old trains... for now.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ben said:
Intamin only have two train designs?

Sorry what?
I jumped back to reword for better clarification. What I was meaning to convey was Intamin uses the same base chassis for mega and accelerator roller coasters, and that this train appeared to closer resemble a wing coaster assembly.

oriolat2 said:
Remember this?

th720_0e1f84acdf1e9f4623f54ffa720ed8dc.png

It's just a chassis to make sure the track is aligned (LMFAO). So, these are pics of the rest of the trains yet to be finished and shipped to Ferrari Land.

Everyone, relax. As far as I know, Baco will have the same old trains... for now.
Ah, good find oriolat. So maybe these leaked photos are indeed a two-wide train setup, and the perspective is off for distance to the next row in front?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Fair point, I might have jumped to conclusions and these might be for the Ferrari coaster. But it seems very early for them to be making trains for a ride that doesn't open until next year, and I thought the Ferrari coaster has trains of 12 seats? There are at least 16 in the photos?

I'm confused :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Dar said:
Fair point, I might have jumped to conclusions and these might be for the Ferrari coaster. But it seems very early for them to be making trains for a ride that doesn't open until next year, and I thought the Ferrari coaster has trains of 12 seats? There are at least 16 in the photos?

Not necessarily - for all we know PA may have asked for a quicker timeline in terms of delivery.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lofty said:
Dar said:

Not necessarily - for all we know PA may have asked for a quicker timeline in terms of delivery.
Or the manufacturing facility has other projects queued up, and so their scheduling means this job gets pushed earlier to make way for something else.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Whilst I did find Baco to be an exciting ride the roughness did push it a bit too far for me leaving me with headaches and unable to run round for a re ride. Therefore I will be VERY happy to see new trains if it improves comfort, especially if they have lap bars.

Lofty

CF Legend
I just think it needs a lot of work doing on the ride now - last time I rode it I came off in absolute agony!

Does anybody know if the rumours of new trains are true? I am not referring to the ones in this thread as they're for the other coaster.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
^I'll look for the evidence later but I remember someone who visited in autumn sharing a photo in the station of a sign that warns riders of the outside seats being shakier and he reported that numerous rows were closed off to the public. All of this sounds like very good reason to spend some PA pocket money on a redesigned train!

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah it sounds like a good time to do it, but it doesn't mean they are or will? This topic seems like one of those "this is what I would like to happen" ones.