What's new

New track at the B&M plant

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
O
@Markus.Downhill

I mean, look at the piece up in front. The left side of the track is 'taller' / ticker in the spine of the track than the front side of the same piece (the right side of the track) definitely not something I've noticed before either.
The the track right behind that (the left most piece of track in the photo) is oddly shaped as well, the spine (top side of the track) seems to bend sharply on its right side.
Oh yeah get it now

Dar

Hyper Poster
It looks like they already use that style, like here on the pull out of Diamondback's splash down:
Diamondback_splashdown_1.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Definitely possible that this could be for the Surf Coaster. Could explain the first piece as being the pull-up after the launch.

Can possibly lend some support (pun intended) to that theory.

Look at the connector between support and track here.
IMG_20200720_202952.jpg
The base plate for the connection hasn't been welded on yet but it should be welded onto the side of the connection that makes an H shape.

This suggests the support on this section in its current position of lying upside down would be pointing straight up in the air.

If this was the pull out from a drop then you would expect the support connection to face the other way and be angled so that the support points towards the thicker section of track as that would be the base of the drop and the support should point down towards the floor.

Ergo here it looks like the thin section will run horizontal to the ground.

I could be of course talking out of by buttocks but it seems to look that way to me anyway.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
According to this video from Midway Mayhem, we now have another mystery coaster being manufactured at CSF besides Monster for Grona Lund, which is marked as IC2-K:
Wonder where it’s going? Could this be SeaWorld Orlando’s elusive Surf Coaster taking shape? Or could it be something else entirely?
It's 100% not the Surf Coaster. So it's something else. There's still a number of new rides for China I'm waiting to see appear including 2 confirmed Wing Coasters so I would assume its one of those.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Without a label its obviously hard to tell.

The colour if the track looks very close to Manta colour. I would assume SW would go for a bit more of a different shade than one of their major rides?

Could be for OCT's Fantasy Valley as they've started putting in footers for rides but it doesn't match the concept art colours. Which means nothing of course.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread but has anyone popped buy/going to pop by the B&M plant anytime soon? It's been well over a year since there was any report and I'm curious as to whether Chessington's supposed wing coaster has had track production take place.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Sorry to bump the thread but has anyone popped buy/going to pop by the B&M plant anytime soon? It's been well over a year since there was any report and I'm curious as to whether Chessington's supposed wing coaster has had track production take place.

The track isn’t due at Chessington until October/November. Now I’m not sure on shipping times etc. But I’d assume it won’t be long until we start seeing something.